2018-11-26 21:37:21

Well, I'm trying to explain myself and make light of it a little, but the point I've made is an important one, and I hope it stands for future situations as well.
But heck no. This is not ban-worthy, not unless you were, I dunno, doing this all the time and just would not stop, no matter how many times you were asked. I am really not nearly as heavy-handed as people think. I just talk a lot, and happened to step into a position of authority at a time when we thought the forum was going to virtually explode from all the stuff it was dealing with. We, and that is to say I in particular, clamped down hard, and created a very distasteful first impression.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-30 06:03:14

Jade, why haven't you promoted any horses to be moderators yet? You're so prejudice! I’ll never forgive you!

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-30 14:08:19

Dogs can sense bad people
I don't know why you haven't approached any dogs and asked them to be moderators. I mean, Shotgunshell didn't provide any reasoning to that personal attack against you Jade, but I think that it your decision to not approach any dogs to moderate is very stupid. Keep in mind I'm not saying you are stupid. But I want you to promote some dogs, starting with my large aggressive german shepherd buster, right now!

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2018-11-30 14:22:05 (edited by redfox 2018-11-30 14:22:24)

What about foxes! there smart! especially the red kind! foxist!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-30 17:30:12

See, here's the thing. I did approach a couple of dogs about a position on the staff team, but we have this problem. it's called the language barrier. I'm certain they're great examples of their kind, and would make excellent mods, but I simply can't translate all of their various growls, grunts, huffs, barks and yips. Getting there though. I'm reliably told that mastery of dog comes in about a hundred and seven years, and I'm thirty-five now, so who knows? Anyway, the dogs very likely understand everything we say and do, but they don't have opposable thumbs, which means they...can't exactly punish you for a transgression.

Foxes, on the other hand...well, they're a lot like dogs, but I'm pretty sure they've got opposable thumbs. If they don't, perhaps this is something we can work on. No foxist here, I promise.

2018-11-30 17:51:23

@jade, yea! I'm the political representative or whatever it is of my foxish kind, i'd gladly take up the poisition to represent the foxy foxes! roflmao!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-30 20:39:45 (edited by Ethin 2018-11-30 20:40:14)

Hey, what about cats? I've heard cats are very territorial and protective. Hell, why not hire some coyotes as the firing squad to deal out punishment?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-12-01 00:55:33

Thumbs up to post 82. Yeah there should be spots for those purry meowy beings.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-12-03 07:15:29

I vote for Liam. I most certainly do not vote for myself. Roflrofl I just wonna chat here.

2018-12-05 15:11:10

Ahoy all,
I am going to make a topic about this and I also have to contact the list, but stay tuned for 2019, including new staff, but that's not all... Unfortunately, don't expect anything like a review system, or a site overhall or anything like that, but with the resources we have, let's see what we can do...

2018-12-10 09:09:58

Hi! I would just like to say thanks  for giving us a bit of a say; it's a huge advance in the forum's awesomeness I think. Lols! I could not think of a better word. rar now I have to stop riting because my broken finger is getting hurt trying to type. big_smile

2019-01-18 15:42:32

Hi,
Seeing as the last official post here was made on the fifth of December, about a full month and a half ago, I figured it might be a good idea to revive this topic. After all the holidays are well over and I figure everyone has had time to fall back into the swing of things. Are there any updates? Is the matter still under discussion?

2019-01-18 15:49:14

yes, I don't want to rush you guys, but I feel like we need both more staff and just general updates, the ideas in aaron's topic sounded really fun and I'd love to take part in them. This comunity needs more than 3 mods, we got Jade, Aaron, who doesn't really seem to do all that much, and Nocturnus, I think? I'll have to check to see if he's still mod, but...

----------

2019-01-29 19:24:49 (edited by cartertemm 2019-01-29 19:25:34)

Hi,
    Eleven days since my last post, nearly two months since anything has been said here.
    I'm not at all attempting to rush matters, as that would accomplish very little aside from repetition of past mistakes, but we had agreed on the futility of an extended (in terms of a couple months) wait. It's nice to see matters relaxed to some extent barring reposts of unauthorized code use and your occasional out-of-hand disagreement. Still, I can see the logic in an additional person or two helping out where necessary.

aaron wrote:

I am not waiting until April, I hope to get the rest of the team and me to sort stuff by the end of, April, and get additions to the team. This means starting out in January, and seeing where we go. Heck, it might even mean rules could get done by February or whatever, staff get appointed at the same time, April's more of a deadline, it's not the month of crunch time, it's about hopefully having a steady stream of progress and working toward something, to be done by the end of April if all goes well. If it's done earlier, so much the better, but it's also better to be absolutely sure as well. I know I'd rather not rush.

All I'm saying is we might wanna revive the topic and get to work sooner rather than later to meet our set April deadline of sorts.

2019-01-29 21:24:10

The staff list has gone quiet, I admit this could be my fault as I haven't exactly posted a roadmap or anything to the list, but I was slightly unmotivated when someone posted to the list and no one responded, although it was just as the new year was beginning and things may have still been busy in real life, so honestly, I feel like no harm done and no real need to panic yet, if at all. At the moment it feels like we're working kind of independantly but as a team at the same time. Arqmeister and me are doing the unrestricting, with a mixture of Arqmeister, Jayde and me working on moderating topics.

2019-01-29 22:39:55

ok, but what about all of the tthings we've talked about.
Doing your jobs is fine, but you three can't all do it on your own, not to the best of your ability.

----------

2019-01-30 04:10:15 (edited by cartertemm 2019-01-30 04:11:02)

@aaron
Thanks for the response. If I'm reading you here, the team of 3 semiactive admins is perfectly fine for now. No real reason to consider making changes this second even though your December update saw mods mentioning starting out in january a grand total of three times, a matter which was agreed upon by everyone. I'm not asking for full out panic or hastily made decisions, but you really haven't given a viable reason for continuing to hold off and wait yet again. Rushing is counterproductive, but so is procrastination. Reading between the lines, I don't see any hint of incentive. Are their no longer openings for the position? I'm merely curious and wishing to see headway. I don't for a minute believe the calming down is reason to discard many good points made here. Example, our old and rather broad rules are still seen as law of the land, for new and existing members alike.

2019-02-02 07:59:02

Here's what I see, and I'm going to leave specifics out in an attempt to not provoke things. Suffice it to say, I am well aware of everything that happened after my ban. Now, there was a lot of action in a very short time, and a few missteps as well. This got people angry, some of whom were already due to my ban and how it was carried out. Now you have a bunch of angry people knocking at your door so what do you do, you come up with any old strategy to calm things down. And that's precisely what happened. Just enough, and I do mean just enough was done to get people to calm down. I don't think this place has returned to normal, it has an empty, hollow and hallowed feel about the place, but fairly calm. So now that everything is in control again, the pressure is off, right? That's what I'm seeing, there is no reason to act now, so no action is being taken. The whole thing about transparency didn't live too long, did it.

Now you say that you can manage with what staff you have, but can you? No one here can really say unless we start to see a real down tick in time it takes to have things dealt with. I can say that there has been for sure, but hey, things still do get dealt with, so that's still a point in your favor. Due to ridiculous, infighting and cliquish behavior, the old mod team basically drove away all of the good mods. Also, I think it's pretty disgraceful how some of the mods turned on Aprone after he left. He only did what he felt right to clear his conscience, and you all need to remember one thing, and remember it as long as you bear any professional responsibility: the truth will out. It may take time, even a long time, but sooner or later, your secrets will come out. I honestly think he was the best mod on the team and you guys made a grave error. the new members can't bear responsibility for driving him out, but they can bear it for turning on him as they did.

Now we have basically a 3-person active team. Aaron got promoted to administrator, I'm scratching my head at that one let me just say. While I'm sure he's a good person, and I don't have anything against him, he's very indecisive, doesn't seem to get much done or show much motivation and then seems unsure when he finally does do something. Then you have argmeister, again, nothing against him personally, but didn't I read about him wanting to resign? I honestly think I did, but I could be wrong, names, and dates, etc. But I thought it was him. I remember reading about him wanting peace and tired of the whole thing, which I totally get on every imaginable level and respect. Then he's back and like nothing ever happened. Did I just space out and miss something, or did that actually happen? Then you have Jayde, who honestly I think is doing better than I could have predicted. I remember when I found that out I went ranting to everyone I knew about how I thought they'd lost their minds. And for a short time, I was proven correct, he acted completely out of line on several occasions, but now, I honestly can't say the dude's done anything wrong. My major thing was, I thought he was going to let his extreme political views sway his decisions, but I haven't seen any evidence of that happening. Just the flowery language, which is just... meh, but whatever. So in a complete reversal of anything I ever could have predicted, the one I thought would do the worst is actually the best, unless I crossed into a parallel universe.

So I do think the situation is precarious, oh good lord, I used a Jayde word, quick, poor large amounts of rum and apple pie moonshine down my throat right now! Back to the topic at hand, I think things have found a sort of fragile balance for the moment, but I see still there is work to be done. I do think you guys should look for one or two more mods, I'd actually like to see a woman in that position. Not to say you should have a token woman, but if you find one you feel would fit, definitely. Women tend to offset the men's emotional pissing contests that tend to come up.

Anyway, I'm out of here, I didn't want to go into that much depth, but I always feel honesty tends to help more than it hurts.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-02 17:52:15

Yes, i chose to stay on board once i saw things had calmed down. I do agree, i wish we had more female energy around here, nothing against any guys here of course.

2019-02-03 02:57:58

Right, that kind of makes my point for me, you chose to stay when things calmed down, and if they were to become uncalm? I guess the thing that matters is how committed is everyone currently on the team. I don't question Jayde, but I do question the rest.

Didn't people say they'd chill out and let things happen in their own time? Well even that's seemingly out the window. December scratch that entirely, as it was too soon after, and holiday season, so people were busy, but then all of January to sort of get back in the game, but things really didn't happen did they?

So I just am left wondering.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-02-03 10:26:56

Speaking for myself here, to reiterate a previous point, I am totally down with adding one or two new mods. I'd have been down with doing so a month and a half ago...because while there's no need to rush, there's also no need to sit on it in my view.

Regarding Aprone, I have more issue with -how he did what he did than anything else. I'm not prepared to fire up a flamethrower on the subject, but suffice to say that I agree with the pursuit of truth but not necessarily with the specific methods and words used. I'm largely willing to let that alone, and am commenting here purely to make it known that I do not, in fact, repudiate what Aprone did out of hand.

Regarding changes/updates, like the rules and whatnot? I still personally do not know how to update the rules, but I feel like the current draft is actually pretty solid (as in, the one written out a couple of months ago). It's wordier than the original, but leaves very little room for error at this point. So personally I'd like to see that graven into our equivalent of law ASAP but I am not in a position to do this on my own.

It is nice to see that someone who once had good reason to fear what I might do has essentially done a one-eighty. I am, if nothing else, very impartial. I could be your best friend, and I still won't hesitate to get into it with you if I think you're out of line...and the same goes the other way. I'll happily defend someone whose views I dislike if they're being attacked. I'm not going to make any secret of my views, but I'm not going to put them between me and doing my job here. I am also not in the least afraid of conflict. Heh. So I'm not going anyplace.

TL>DR: I want to see some mobilization here and was one of the ones pushing for it back in December.

2019-02-03 11:00:44 (edited by cartertemm 2019-02-03 11:41:37)

Nice post Ironcross, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. I don't think it's a lack in transparency though, Aaron pointed out the list has been rather quiet. No, I attribute it more to an absence in incentive and that's what's getting me. The way Aaron seems to shrug off our concerns because matters aren't blowing up in his face anymore.
I probed twice, finally Aaron replies to tell us that there's no need to worry right now. All good since he's working independently but as a group at the same time... ... ... There was a massive call to action by Jayde that sounded great on paper. Everyone was willing to hold it at face value for the time being. As the old cliche goes, actions speak a thousand words. Was Jayde's post not about the wish to change things in a timely manner? Did the same not ring true with Aaron's December update? Did we not collectively agree in January as a good time to deliberate? I'll post this line yet again. Aaron said, and I quote.

aaron wrote:

I am not waiting until April, I hope to get the rest of the team and me to sort stuff by the end of, April, and get additions to the team. This means starting out in January, and seeing where we go.

Aaron: I'm not panicking. I'm merely inquiring and wishing to see something done. if you think everything's just fine and dandy right now I ask you to view the above rules link, quote, and previous topics. Also  possibly consider reading #92 again. I don't get your repeated fondness for waiting. Nor do I want to see instachange , but at least to know the concern hasn't died. It's really up to you guys and who's appointed, either in the distant future or next millennia. Jayde seems ready to at least begin by adding a couple more admins. He's been ready for a while now. Sounds to me like a good kicking-off point.

Energy of the opposite sex couldn't hurt, but the way I see it right now any sort of energy, period, is needed. Mirage did volunteer in post 33. Prior admin experience is a plus, then there's the fact that she probably knows the team to some extent. I don't remember seeing her intervene in many matters here though, scratch that anything. In fact it came to me with some surprise when I figured out she had been a mod. I'm not at all saying that's bad but personally I want to see someone who's willing to actively bring about promised change. We should probably be looking for enthusiasm over sex.

Small amendment, Jayde, mind checking PM's? I sent a couple back in the beginning of January but you know how the system is.

2019-02-03 16:44:26

Firstly, we're still looking for staff positions. That's not changed. The list has been quiet, and the rest of this post is going to explain why.
I have submitted an apology to the staff team on list.
I am going to fully admit this now. January came and went.
One of the weaknesses that I have is, if I see something I get distracted by it. So much stuff happened in January. New Horizons. Mortal Kombat 11. Battle For The Grid. I keep on seeking new info on things that i like, not just gaming stuff either. Yet, getting swept up in it all as it came fairly thick and fast, finding info, stuff happening throughout the whole of January, I realize one, huge, mistake. I did not even post to the list. Not even a happy new year.
I've asked staff to reply to my on-list email with any comments, positive and negative alike. I need to, this month, sit down, post some ideas to the list, and the forum, and just get more thoughts but take more action as well. If anyone wants to reply here from the staff team to this particular post you are reading now, I would be happy with that too. @Ironcross and @cartertemm, thank you for your posts, because it's these latest posts that have made me really think about how to act in the future. Also you've mentioned me brushing off your concerns, which ones do you think I've brushed off? Because I would like to correct that.

2019-02-03 16:57:52

I will make one comment here and will keep the rest to list. Again, no flamethrowers, I promise.
To my mind, what you've blown off is the need for at least one more mod. Liam, in particular. He's been gung-ho since, like, November, and I get that you're not super tight with him, but he's got community cacking and the support of at least one other staff member (me). That doesn't mean an automatic vote of confidence and it doesn't mean you need to capitulate, but I'm still confused as to the nature of your hesitation. More specifics you'll see on list.

And Carter, thank you. Unfortunately I am bad about PM sometimes. I had better start checking them more regularly, to be perfectly honest. Just about everywhere else I go, I have some sort of notification that I have a message, but I don't have that here. I will look at your message or messages and reply shortly. As in, some time today.

2019-02-03 23:18:28

@Aaron Please don't take this as disrespectful, because it's not meant to be, or me telling you how to do your job, again, not meant to be Just think of this as friendly advice, because that's the vibe I'm going after, and I do tend to get misinterpreted sometimes. Your rank is Administrator, what that means on most systems is a higher level of responsibility, and leadership over the tiers under you, which the moderators would generally be. Now, if you feel that is not your role, I think you should make that plain in the mod list, just so everybody knows where you stand. In other words, if you don't feel comfortable being the leader, you could discuss things and appoint someone who would fit better. A leader needs to have a few things going for them. commitment to the project, a sense of responsibility, being able to communicate verbally and in written form, and commanding respect. The latter meaning only that while in most cases, it's best to approach situations amiably, if a potential leader did have to put their foot down, they would know that their team respected their wishes and did the thing they asked. So look deeply into yourself and see if you feel that you fit that role. If you do, by all means go for it, but if not, well, Jayde I think could do the job quite nicely. He seems to be the type that you could set some boundaries and given sufficient latitude, he would just go like a machine and do stuff.

@Jayde I whole-heartedly agree with Liam as a mod. Also, the software is actually easy enough to figure out, so depending on how it's set up, all you might just have to do is unlock the post, make the changes, then re-lock it. I had it running on my server and it was quite intuitive and easy to use.

End racism
End division
Become united