2018-11-29 03:20:15 (edited by Mitch 2018-11-29 13:31:05)

Hello,
I just wanted to create this topic to discuss Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, which will be coming out on the 7th of December. Hopefully I get it for Christmas, and can create a menu guide.
As some may know, the menus have been cursor-based and difficult to navigate in the past, but from what I understand, Ultimate's menu structure is easier to get around.
Other than that, the gameplay itself is completely accessible. Would love to hear your thoughts.
EDIT: Thanks for the heads up. That'll teach me to make sure characters go through the braille translator again...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-11-29 05:38:30

how about the world of light story mode? is it possible for us to complete it?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2018-11-29 11:43:14

Hi,
I am excited about Smash Ultimate although I don't know when I'll be able to get a Switch or a copy of the game, but I'm intrigued and happy about it's existance.
Also, this is randomly interesting how NVDA is currently saying some braille characters for this topic title and also in the topic itself at one point, seems a bit random and I haven't noticed that before.

2018-11-29 13:07:36

I preordered the game. Can't wait to play. Hopefully the unlockables won't be to hard to get.

2018-11-29 13:33:04

In regards to World of Light, from what I've gathered, it isn't completely free-roaming, and you are limited to certain paths that go in specific directions. I personally hope that Seeing AI will help with the Spirit Board, as that seems like a very fun addition.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-11-29 14:19:43

i played sm4sh somewhat competitively, meaning i was deep in the mechanics of the game, I wasn't graite, but I can still have a decent match, but my only issue is keeping track of where i'm at at all times offstage, cause my only option is to land on the stage, so i can't grab the ledge or anything cause i can't see where it is. The menus were easy as hell what are you talking about post 1? At least, the nessisary things were right there, although the menus were a bit, meh? in sm4sh. But, I can't wait to play this game! Marth, zero suit, falcon, and wolf for the win! maybe even snake!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-29 17:51:50

I'm in love with princess peach so will probably use her a lot lol.

2018-11-29 18:14:11

Is it gonna include all the characters from the original up to malay?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-11-29 18:15:41

it's including all of them, and melee's only the second one, there's 2 more after that, 3 if you count ultamate coming out

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-29 18:52:22 (edited by redfox 2018-11-29 18:52:43)

peach is fun, i used to play her, although she's a bit too complicated and rng based, with turnip pulls, i can float cancel and all that stuff, i'm just not good at using it

----------

2018-11-29 20:37:33

hi
where I can buy this game?
thanks

2018-11-29 20:50:33

d you read the posts? it's not out yet, and it's for nintendo switch, so...

----------

2018-11-29 21:58:59

Hi.
@flameAlchemist, as previously stated, it will include every character that's been in every Smash Bros. title (the original, Melee, Brawl, and Wii U/3DS). There's a reason why the phrase "Everyone Is Here" was present in coverage of the game and in the trailer, after all. XD

As for the game itself, I'm really excited to try the game out. I hear some people got the game early, and there's already a bunch of leaks out there, even the ROM itself is out there!
That being said, the character I'm more concerned for is Piranha Plant. I mean, a lone plant? What's next, a Goomba? A Koopa Troopa? Oh well, we'll see how that character plays. Other than that, I'm still excited for the future of this game.

2018-11-30 17:20:10

You will have to buy the game on sites like Amazon or a local physical game store.

2018-11-30 17:32:32

The characters I'm most excited for to main are Corrin, Cloud, Roy, and (possibly) Ken. I'd consider Chrom, but his recovery seems to be pretty meh.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-11-30 17:44:27 (edited by redfox 2018-11-30 17:44:52)

cloud's recovery is vary exploitable, it doesn't snap to the ledge, it has barely any vertical or horizontal range, and if you want to recover at higher percents you need limit, but uair is fuckin broken, just like all of his arials, and cross slash, o my fuckin god cross slash, 18 damage for a move that they can't SDI out of until rediculously high percents that would cause jiggly puff to die if you even went near her.
Corrin is good, one of my older mains, played her for a long time, back air is good for recovery and telling where you are, and pin is just... ooooooooooomyfuckingod!
Ryu, or Ken in this case, is hard to play, but rewarding as all hell. If you want to go for better character, I'd go for ryu instead cause of more killing power, but Ken still has his infinite so... The speed boost is nice, as well as the move changes.
Now, Roy. Also one of my main's, He's fun, especially cause you get to burn people! His recovery's meh, he's fast, dancing blade, or whatever his version is called, is good, although not as good as marthcina's, and he's got good combo potential, especially if you have enough sight to do footstool jablock combos.
Lol, let me know if yall don't like me completely nerding out on mechanics here, but it's fun for me, I can go into frame data if you want, that's fun!

----------

2018-11-30 17:48:09

I'll ask this. What's the best way to stay on the platforms if you can't see at all. Could you recommend any strategys.

2018-11-30 17:54:22

if there's a headphone jack you absolutely need to have those, well you don't quote, neeeeeed them, but it helps a lot, if your really bad at keeping track of your character, then go into training mode and run around, test how well you can tell where you are, if it helps, theres footsteps sounds, witch do pan so that helps. Although some footsteps are harder to here if there's a lot of characters. That's why I never do 8 players, one because it's insanity, and 2 because I usually just murder everyone, cause noone knows what there doing, and 3 cause i have no friends sadface.

----------

2018-11-30 18:27:18 (edited by Mitch 2018-11-30 18:28:48)

Yeah. I  hate Bridge of Eldin, because whenever I slip up after the King Bulbin or whoever he is breaks the bridge, if I forget, I just fall and self-destruct. I just need to work on my recover game so I don't get flung off and just die. 
If I'm correct, there are wall bumping sounds, and is it smart to turn down the music as well, so that I can hear characters better?

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-11-30 19:57:19

there's barely herable wall sounds, but turn down the music, and turn up the global vol and the char vol and your good, Elden is not a legle stage in tournament, or it's just an fd ver on fg, but if you here a grunting sound, that's the guy on the, pig? it sounds like a pig to me, run the fuck away!

----------

2018-12-01 01:16:18

It would be helpful if someone through up a menu guide when the game drops, but i'll probably just use seeing AI lol.

2018-12-01 01:43:38

if i get to see the game i will definitely make a guide on my thoughts

----------

2018-12-01 05:10:30

Same here. The earliest I would get it is Christmas time, so hopefully I can do it then. Unless someone will have it before then, I'm still game for doing it.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2018-12-01 08:09:23

I'm an old timer myself, the only SSB I've played was the N64 version of it. Sounds like a lot has changed, I had no idea Street Fighter chars were under these games.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2018-12-01 17:40:19

the fun thing is, you can connect almost any game world, not just nintendo, threw conecting all the different chars, see this youtube video. It's insane!

----------