2018-10-09 09:29:03

How do you learn all this?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-09 15:02:56

By noticing and keeping track of course.:)

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-10-10 09:07:39

Are there any other combos or moves you know? Sometimes when battling CPU's, like Warrior of light, they use HP attacks and stuff I never can figure out. Ugh, like Cervantes in Soul Calibur broken destiny.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-10 11:33:57

You have to try combos a lot to know what works with what. But usually when a character is down during your combo, press jump and either hp or bravery attack hits the, especially successful, well charged bravery is likely to spawn x burst

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-10-10 12:50:09

Oh, okay. Well, maybe I'm thinking of skills then. How do you equip them?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-10 18:12:00

What I do is bring up the menu and press confirm twice to access its skill set, and either mash every buttons to hell til I get my wanted skills equipped at random, or use cloud ocr and figure it bit by bit from there. very hard i'd say. I mostly do the former.

2018-10-11 08:19:43

So, you bring up the menu in the battle, or on the character select screen?

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-11 18:06:01

In the case of dessidia, in battle map (not the battle screen), in the case of Duodecim, both normal and battle map.

2018-10-11 18:11:14

So, only in story mode? How do you use them in battle mode then? That's mostly what I do in Duadisim, since story mode there is pretty hard for me. I got through a few things, but am pretty stuck now.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-12 18:58:25

Another tutorial! This time, on customization.
Okay, y'all. Get your Windows 10 up to date, and your fingers on Insert+R, and your toes on your game pad, because we're about to learn how to make your main character awesome!
So, you know those sounds you hear after the end of battles? They mean things, Important things. Okay, only one of them, really, the level up sound! Press Insert+R to get a good sense of what they all mean, by pressing it after you hear a sound.
When you learn something you want to use, use customizations to use it. On the battle screen, one down from story mode in the main menu, which is after the title menu... the one with FF main music playing. If you're in story mode, I think you press it right when you're in the story submenu as well. Could be on the map though. From now on, though, because i play duodisim and can't really do story there, I'll focus on battle mode.
From the main menu, press down one, and confirm. using OCR, you'll see, in Duodisim, that you're on one on one battle. In regular Dissidia, you'll have to press down twice, as once is Arcade mode. Now, press triangle. You'll be in your character select screen, so use OCR or muscle memory to select your character. I recommend getting as used to using OCR as possible, because we'll be using it a lot for picking out skills. Skills? Come on man, just get to that part, you say? One step at a time. I've had to suffer through learning all this on my own, well okay besides the triangle part, Reddit helped with that, so shall you deal with my long windedness.
When you select your character, you'll be asked if you really, really want to view the stats for that character. Just press confirm again, and you'll be off.
The next screen contains the categories for upgrading your character. Skills, equipment, assists, you can even downgrade your character's level, if you yearn for a simpler time. Choose abilities.
Now, you're given a list of skill categories. These range from active, skills which work on button presses, to more passive skills. Choose one of these categories, although note that farther down the list, there are options to reset skills to default and such, so please use OCR to your advantage. Really, its free and built into Windows 10, and all you have to do to use it is press NVDA+R. If on an earlier version of Windows, Cloud OCR works.
For fighting skills, choose either HP or BRV (brave) in that list. You'll know its that list because it'll only have two items. The list does not wrap when holding down an arrow key. In the list of possible skills for attacks, note that these skills are more like radio buttons than check boxes, you must first choose a slot, immediately after choosing HP or BRV, then choose a skill for that slot. The first option in the skills list is always "none" which takes out any selected skill in the list. Choose a skill for the first slot, examining the effects with OCR after each press of the down arrow, pressing confirm to choose. Press cancel to back out of that slot, choose another, fill it, and do the same for all possible slots. Press cancel from the slots section to go back to choose the other, HP or BRV. Do the same there, skills there are also radio buttons, and there is the "none" option at the top of the list of skills. After all slots there are full, come back to the list of categories. Now, let's look at more passive skills. There are groups of these too, although I don't quite think these are actual slots. You actually can choose more than one skill here, like check boxes, but some skills cannot be used together, and you'll be told so. For example, air dash and onmi air-dash cannot be used together. I recommend just sticking with air-dash, dashing towards your opponent. It is here that you can choose to automatically activate ex-mode, and automatically input ex-burst buttons, allowing ex-bursts to be accessible! After completing both categories of passive skills, exit the skills screen. The equipment screen works about the same, so go through it, using OCR every step of the way. The last thing I'll cover is the assists screen. Here,, you choose an assistant character to pop in and help you a little in battle. They'll only do one move, and you can enable auto-assist back in the skills menu to help with summoning them. Choose a character just as you normally would, and you're off. Now, exit the customization screen. OCR will show "now saving", and you'll be back where you were before customizing. If you get stuck backing out, just wait a while for it to save, OCR as good for letting you know this too. So, apart from story mode, Dissidia Duodisim has now been shown to be pretty much completely accessible. With OCR of course.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-10-28 19:41:08

Hey, does anyone have an in-game menu guide for lotr tactics? I just picked this up again to give it another shot since people have had success with it. Before suggesting ocr, please note that i am on actual psp hardware since 1 ocr is incredibly inaccurate for me and 2 most games i run on ppsspp crash after the main menu because my system is old.
Secondly, does anyone know of accessible rpgs, english voiced visual novels or anything that isn't fighting beat em up or side-scrolling stuff? I bought and beat riviera 5 times thanks to am incredible walkthrough  same with ygdra union. O for those interested, ygdra union has 2 sequals  gloria union and blaze union. Both have same gameplay and both are japan only. Anyway, I digress. I have succeeded in completing the bisual novel disgya infinite and am confident i can get all endings.

Lastly, being a psp owner for a long time, I wanted to make my contributions to this thread, so i have information on stuff that probably hasn't been discussed here before!
1, Someone asked about dragon ball z games. The first, dbz shin budokai is the most playable of them all. It doesn't have spoken dialog for story sequences but those of you on emu can probably ocr the text. For those who know the series, it follows the events of the fusion revorn movie. The other games in the budokai series have voiced dialog but require you to fly around an open world map persuing targets. Being heavily into the old series and having been disapointed with the movie, i never really gave dragon ball evolution a try, but from what i've seen, though it also lacks story voices, its probably playable. Hm, if i'm bored 1 day i'll try it.
2 Don't think anyone mentioned the guilty gear games. All are pretty playable. Guilty gear judgement is a 2 in 1 bundle with the main game being a 2d beat em up. Story isn't voiced though, but the text doesn't auto scroll so ocr right? There is some minor platforming but falling doesn't take you to the start of the stage and costs health rather than lives. Bosses can be particularly hard but there are built in cheats to restore health, lives and special meter. I suggest looking them up and memorizing them. Guilty gear xx accent core plus is a standalone fighter with lots of modes. The branching story is fully voiced in japanese with english text and mostly doesn't auto scroll. I would be doing both games a disurvice if i didn't mention the awesome rock soundtrack the games have. You can always listen to them in the soundtest section and pressing square will turn on auto play for the xx titles.
3 Among my favorite titles are the various collections and anthologies on the system. Give the following a try: all the capcom classic colections, all the snk arcade classics, note that volume 0 is japanese only, king of fighters collection, sega genesis collection, namco museum battle collection, samurai shodown anthology, metal slug anthology, taito legends, midway arcade treasures extended play, and activision hits remixed. Don't be put off by some of the audio of these titles as many of them have extra historical content to discover and unlock. There is also atari anthology which advertizes over 50 classics but they are locked behind 11 poorly made remakes, each with 4 conditions to fulfill.
4  If you are interested in psp minis, the most playable ones I found are, a space shooter for 2 bucks, twin blades, drumb challenge, wacky land boss and peggle. If anyone knows of more accessible minis, do tell. Since this post is long enough as it is already, i won't go into details on these titles or the compilation ones, but i will answer questions about them in the next post if there are any.

Some last thoughts, Along with lotr tactics I am also trying dynasty warriors vol 1 and 2, and samurai warriors since from the descriptions they might be manageable. If you are adventurous and like to abuse save states then try the side-scroller beat em up/platformer hammerin hero. Also give gladiator begins a try. There is no spoken dialog and you have to create your own gladiator but the combat is in stereo.

Anyway, thats all i have for now. Hope it is useful to those still interested in the psp. And yeah, if anyone has a lotr tactics in game menu guide, that would  be great.

Regards:
Kenshira

2018-10-29 09:29:11

Whoa whoa whoa, quite a bunch of games there, though I've tried some myself from the talk with you off the forum, haha.
Wait, you did complete disguia? That's incredible! I never heard of anyone managing that before!

2018-10-29 15:53:52

mata wrote:

Whoa whoa whoa, quite a bunch of games there, though I've tried some myself from the talk with you off the forum, haha.
Wait, you did complete disguia? That's incredible! I never heard of anyone managing that before!

Disgya has its own built in save state feature to take advantage of. Also, even sighted players have trouble getting past the first part apparently, but its just a matter of possessing the right person at the right time, and the solution is super obscure.
Some tips and tricks for disgya infinite: Possessing is a tricky business since prinny doesn't say who you are possessing. To know for sure, make a save state before jumping boddie, and after you switch, see how the comversation progresses. If you didn't get who you want, load the save and try again.
A chance to make dialog choices is indicated with a particular sound. You will know it when you press select to autoskip text you already read and the game stops at this section. Again, save state before choosing, then press triangle for mind control. The game will auto cycle through 3 dialog choices and you will have a few seconds to press x on what you want. If you didn't get the  choice you want then load and try again. Pressing circle while mind controlling will let the person say what they normally would. So go try out this game and prepare to laugh your arse off. O as a final bonus, since infinite is a spinoff from the mainline disgya series, if you idle on the main menu for about 30 seconds, you will get a retelling of the original game's story.

In other news, someone has posted a faq/walkthrough for dragon ball z shin budokai which includes all menu options and all story dialog, making the game playable for those who don't have the option of ocr.

Regards:
Kenshira

2018-10-29 17:10:39

I can definitely get you the menus  for Lord of the rings tactics, my computer is currently being fixed but once that’s done I will post them up here.  It’s also worth noting that at least on the mission I tried, you can beat a capture the flag mission by killing all the other units.  I thought I was going to have trouble on the mission where you have to keep Frodo alive, but I just saved up for a double armour potion so yay!

2018-10-29 18:18:15

dan_c wrote:

I can definitely get you the menus  for Lord of the rings tactics, my computer is currently being fixed but once that’s done I will post them up here.  It’s also worth noting that at least on the mission I tried, you can beat a capture the flag mission by killing all the other units.  I thought I was going to have trouble on the mission where you have to keep Frodo alive, but I just saved up for a double armour potion so yay!

Awesome, thanks! I bought this off the psn a long time ago but got stuck on mission 7 or 8 and kinda gave up on it, but i really wanna see it through this time as i am wanting to work on my portable backlog.

2018-10-29 23:49:21

You’re welcome.  I hope to have the laptop  back in the next few days.

2018-10-30 01:05:26

Is it the only playable title though? Disguia infinite I mean. Tempted to give it a try now.:)

2018-10-30 06:07:21

The only playable disgya game, i think so. Other games are not as playable. Though being tur  based strategy, I remember my brother saying that the grid wraps unlike others such as ygdra union and lotr tactics. If i can clear a bit of backlog and make room on my psp i will test this.

2018-11-04 21:37:36

Okay y'all, I'm on my way to beating the first Dissidia game. I've completed all character crystal things, and am on Shade impulse, chapter 3 now. The story is getting rather deep, although I know it is almost over, and isn't hardly as involved as other FF games, but it is great to have at least a taste of what sighted people feel when playing a Final fantasy game. I'm really surprised at how far I've gotten with this game, and I've gone from liking the Warrior of Light best, to really loving Bart's versatility. He has a move similar to Scorpeon's spear, from Mortal kombat that I use often, you have to equip that skill though.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2018-11-04 23:50:29

I remember when I got that for christmas and that umd stayed in my psp for 6 month straight since it was the only thing I played during that time.

2018-11-26 02:38:31

Here to report that naruto ultimate ninja heroes 2 is completeable without sighted assistance. I originally thought that the mugenjo, which is the game's story mode, would be unplayable because of all the minigames. Turns out the mini games are not required to be finished successfully to progress the story. Some of them are even doable like the slot machine in the amusement room or the pop quiz and clone class through lucky guessing. What the mini games do though, is give you points to spend in the ninja road mode, where you go to unlock art, movies and music for viewing at Naruto's house. If you are not good at the mini games, you can get points from winning in a summoned battle room, or from fighting through hero mode. Speaking of battle rooms, only these you must win to progress through the Mugenjo, and defeating your opponent with a special jutsu will net you some extra points. You will know you got it from the cheering sound.
With that said, I have it on good authority that Naruto Ultimate ninja heroes 2 is completeable because, I finished it last night. So if anyone was hesitent to try this before, go for it. The story is eben fully boice clearly in english and japanese, so take your pick and enjoy this tragically haunting tale.

2018-11-26 03:53:29

Meh, I still can't get lotr to work with or without ocr. I still don't know what goes on around me lol.

2018-11-27 06:59:37

I've tried hammerin hero and it seams the game is prett much playable, however there are some platforming around so some patience is required. so far I've got to the third chapter and it's still playable.

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2019-01-16 13:54:00

Okay I've pretty much beaten Dissidia Final Fantasy. I beat Chaos with Firion. I really like that character, but I'm also getting very good with Terrah, and Sephiroth. I've now gone back to Duodecim, with a completed save so I don't have to worry about story mode.

Devin Prater
My Blog
Follow me

2019-01-16 17:49:02

Warnning, super spoilers ahead!

Did you beat chaos in the very final chapter where you had to fight super hard versions of every character? Thats the one that unlocks after you clear the chapters for the final fantasy 11 and 12 characters. Also did you dabble in the mode you get for clearing a character's chapter?

Spoilers end.

That umd was the only one in my psp for 6 month straight, and I played it for hours and hours leveling all my fav characters and buying everything in the shop, but that bloody final version of chaos was so hard I died to him so many times!

Also, still looking for a lotr tactics menu guide.