2015-02-17 04:10:00

Sometimes, 7zip will give that error message, even when a file has downloaded fully. This seems to be a persistent problem in the newer versions. Have you tried running it, or used another program to unzip it?
I also agree that not everyone is going to use Firefox for whatever reason. Telling people to use a specific browser, even if you and I know it's better than IE, really doesn't make you look very understanding or professional. And, as a developer, you want to try to be as open as possible.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2015-02-17 06:19:59

Oh I know, I'm sorry. I just get like that when weird stuff happens. I don't understand why the file won't download fully and I don't really know what to do to fix it. I could send you the file or host it somewhere else, I don't know.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-02-21 23:59:39 (edited by defender 2015-02-22 00:04:27)

Abrupt? ehh, that's true I suppose.  But he's right, if your brouzer sucks, switch to another one, if you can't because of security issues, bring it with you portably, IE causes way too many problems, but Firefox isn't even much different when it comes to the interface, so if you can't leave your comfort zone and join the world of things that actually work most of the time and loads of awesome addon's to add even more functionality, then it's not up to the dev to keep fixing it for you, if he makes it work for IE, great, but most people have figured out that Chrome and Firefox don't have all these silly issues, because they aren't so far behind, it's sort of like expecting that a dev will make his or her program usable on Windows XP, just because you haven't made the pretty insubstantial effort to move on from it, it's a bit unfair, and not only that but it wastes their time and causes unneeded stress that could convince them to stop making games altogether.

When devs have come out with flash, mud, IF, non Windows, ,and mouse games in the past, that need things like special programs or you know, actually up to date plugins to run correctly, or some kind of hardware, people usually bitched for a bit and either decided it wasn't worth their trouble, or was, then did it, while others just bit the bullet right a way because it actually wasn't that big of a deal, but this, and things like it, are far less of an issue in my opinion.

This is how it works in the mainstream, you need a console to play a game?  you either get it, emulate it if available, wait for the game to come natively to the system you have if it's going to, ETC.  You want to load a certain filetype? either get the program that can, try to find an addon that lets the program your using now do it, or learn how to convert it if possible, which could require another program as well, or see if it comes in a different format that's hopefully just as good.  You want to be able to run a peace of software but your computer isn't good enough? within a certain point, of which the bar is pretty high, you shouldn't go to the developer about it, you should instead upgrade, or get someone else to upgrade your system, sell it and then buy or build or ask someone else to build a new one for you, or just suck it up and hope you can save up some cash.

At a certain point this can be annoying, especially in the VI communities case when the thing your being asked to use just to partake in that service is inaccessible or badly effects your screen reader in some way, but Firefox is actually more accessible than IE when you get used to it, and just a bit less simple when your first starting out, in terms of things like the addon's manager, which just takes some time to learn and isn't that bad anyway.

2015-02-22 08:31:26

fully agree with defender here smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-02-22 16:29:00 (edited by arjan 2015-02-22 16:32:07)

I disagree. Personally, I use IE, and JAWS for that matter, because simply put, it works. It does what I need it to do, which of course differs from person to person. I'm not a programmer, I don't really use various graphical interfaces which could in theory be made accessible because, frankly, I have no need for them. Relatively speaking, I know probably much more about computers than the majority of people 30 years older than me, and yet there is tons I don't know and in some cases probably don't even care to know. But I use a common browser which a lot of people use, which has relatively few issues for people like me who don't do a whole lot of advanced addon-based things and which is still getting updated. Comparing this to MUDS or consoles or whatever is comparing apples with oranges, because a MUD is basically a whole different genre of game, it's not just some text adventure with a dialog box that displays messages. Similarly, there are a lot of different gaming consoles with vastly different mechanics for each, so naturally, the same games can't be made on every one of them.
Windows XP is officially no longer supported, so this would be a reason to justify not making something usable on XP.
None of this applies to IE or any other web browser for that matter though, and in fact, most web developers manage to make their websites/downloads usable with all browsers, so it really is not out of the ordinary to be able to support them all.
For the record, I downloaded this just fine with IE, so that most likely isn't the problem anyway. But even if it were, would it really be too much to ask for in this case?

2018-11-23 23:20:07

Hi and welcome by this video.
In this one, we're going to play Run from your past which is basicly a run for your life clone in 8 bit sounds.
The gole is to avoid the falling items for as long as you can by running and jumping on the feeld.
Don't forget to subscribe to my channel and to share my channel with everyone who you think who wants to see this sort of content.
If you want to see the video, you can go to: https://youtu.be/v04S0CC5k-8
Enjoy!

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2018-11-24 00:55:09

Thanks Micro. As I saied in the 2 similar topics, I will check it once I'm leaving the disco.

73 Wj3u

2018-11-24 11:11:09

Hi.
I wish people would stop bringing those old topics back to life...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-25 07:20:13

I don't have a problem with topic resurrection to a certain extent, but this is just ridiculous. Come on man, you should know just like everyone else on here that you need to make a topic for your YouTube channel. Don't bring up old topics just for advertisement's sake.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER