2018-11-16 10:19:39

I've spent a bit of time cleaning up my OpenAL examples and repacked them in a single archive, which includes a readme with instructions on setting up OpenAL with Pyglet and PyAL, which you can download [here].

Another thing is that my original HRTF examples only came with 2 default tables, which might not give the desired results people are looking for. The thing with HRTF is that everyone has differently shaped ears, which can often require different tables in order to get the proper effect. So, the question then is, where do you get more HRTF tables? Well, there's a guide for compiling your own tables [here], for convience however I've already compiled all of the available HRTF tables, up to 51, and included them in my Repack archive. If you'd like to listen to some demo samples of each of the tables in action to help pick the right one, or just learn more about HRTF, head over [here].

Note that all the tables are compiled at a 44100 sample rate, to get tables at different sample rates follow the compiling guide.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-11-18 11:52:05 (edited by magurp244 2018-11-18 12:02:35)

Bit of a correction, seems some of the links in the guide have changed/evaporated. The packs been updated accordingly.

Changes include proper link to OpenAL-Soft: [link]

And a new link dug up for the EFX Extensions Guide: [link]

2018-11-18 15:01:05

Hi.
This is really nicely done. I haven't really tried to use it for *real* but it looks amasing from what the tested looked like.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2018-11-24 11:31:49

when running all the examples, here is the error i get:
AttributeError: function 'alcGetStringiSOFT' not found

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-11-24 11:56:44

Do you have OpenAL installed? If so, try uninstalling it and running the examples.