2018-11-20 11:18:46

hi. so I was wondering if someone could post some small example multiplayer games, like an online guess the number for players to participate in. or maybe a chat client and server. I just need something to help me know my way around the bgt multiplayer games. thanks to all!
note: please don't go, oh you cant make an online game in bgt, because I was just thinking of making some sort of card game thing... but looking at the cm source is very unhelpful for someone who has second to no experience in bgt...
thanks!

2018-11-20 21:43:56

Well then go learn BGT. Why do you all want examples of doing this and that. I don't understand. All you'll get out of it is more confusing. Oh I don't know anything about BGT, can you send me an example? Oh sure! Hey wait a sec... what does send_reliable mean? What is the variable peer_id? What aparams does the request function from the network class? How do I set up a ban system... and on and on and on. I wouldn't mind helping someone out but can they just please understand the basic concepts of the language?

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-11-20 23:30:52

@2, that's what he's trying to do,

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-21 11:36:32

@2:(small rant herehow have you learned bgt. It's quite simple really, you use examples. I will not go into detail about this because yeah. But anyway, just a small chat client and server maybe? Oh, alternatively sit around waiting for a game to not come out... wink yeah again, I have sources of multiplayer games in bgt but I can't understand them, the manual doesn't go into detail about multiplayer in bgt, so yeah. bye for now!