2017-11-27 13:09:34

Unfortunately, yes. Sign up phase ended about two weeks ago. I'll keep you posted if anything changes!

2017-12-12 12:38:23

We thought its time to post a little update and let you know what we’re currently working on.
Some of our closed beta participants from this forum already finished the game and most really took their time to deliver huge amount of feedback.
Thanks guys, we really appreciate you taking your time to help us improve our game and also thanks for all the kind words about our game! This means very much to us and helps us keeping up the work.
By now we already fixed most of the bugs and findings of the testers and preparing a major update.

A core element of the test was accessibility since we have little to no previous experience in this area. To make a long story short: The blind testers that already hand in their feedback by now, had minor to no problems to play from start to finish (including the menu), which is great and eliminated our biggest concerns! We will wait and see how the others do but seems like in general we’re on the right track with our „one version for all“ concept.

We will extending the beta phase for a short amount of time, to be able to get more feedback from people with different experience in games and also to validate the improvements of the upcoming update. This means we’re open for a few more applications. As before, you have to be visually impaired and fluid German language skills are required. 
You can apply for a beta invite via mail ([email protected]). Please include some short information on you, your experience with games, if you have been blind since birth and wether you use Android or iOS.

2017-12-13 08:38:04

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Keep up the great job guys.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-12-13 09:07:30

Glad to see the plan for the Mac version. Can't wait to play it.

2018-03-20 19:15:27

Time for a little update:

We already exceeded our project plan by a few month, but as long as there are things we dont like, we will continue to work on them untill everything feels right.

We reworked some content and are (finally) about to finish the story and narration part of the project soon. As soon as this is is the case we will hand over the scripts to our localization partner to translate everything from german into english. To be able to immediately start the recordings once we get it back we're also working on the voice actor cast right now. Programming is also almost finished at least for the mobile versions.

2018-03-21 10:02:20 (edited by vaibhavbhandari 2018-03-21 10:03:06)

Wow! I'll be waiting for the English version to get released! Keep up the good work! smile.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram

2018-03-21 13:15:41

Sounds awesome. Keep up the great job.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-03-21 21:18:33

Hi,
Great News! Can't wait for the release!
But I have a question:
Can you tell me what the game will cost?

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-03-21 23:16:54

Awesome! Can't wait for the English version as well! Thanks for making an English version that's really cool!

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-03-22 05:47:31

Definitly things are changing for all of us. A hero's call, this one and echos from livia or something? 2018 seems to be great year for blind gamers. smile

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-03-22 14:48:39

I'll be looking forward to trying this one out when the english translation is done etc, it sounds quite astounding.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-03-22 21:25:14

will the german and english be released at the same time? or not?

skype name: techluver
Feel free to add me.

2018-07-11 10:47:24

Good morning,
I have not heard anything about this game for a long time. will it be developed further? can you still test the game? -
Greetings from Berlin, Kevin

2018-11-19 13:23:53

Hello adventurers!
Im really sorry that you didn’t hear from us so long. Unfortunately we were forced to slow down the development and do a bit of freelancer work for other companies since we literally had nothing to eat. 
We survived and now we’re back on track!
The German Version of Sound of Magic will be released on December 10. We really hope we sell a bunch and can continue the work on the (even more expensive) english version, so all of you can enjoy our adventure. We learned a lot during the  recording and production work of the German localization and im confident this will be reflected in the English version. If you follow us on Facebook  and Twitter  you will not only make us happy, there is also a chance to win a fullversion on release.

Kind regards from Germany

Jan, Vanessa and Kevin

2018-11-19 13:33:12

Hi

@everbyte

I am glad to hear this. And i will purchase the german version none the less. It isn't a language i speak, but i can understand it a little, but hey, in my oppinion i have to support new devs smile

One question though, when i purchase this german version, will the english version be available to me at some point? Or do i have to buy the english version as soon as it comes out?

Keep up the good work, and i am looking forward to it.

Greez mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-11-19 16:11:12

Hi,
I am so gald and excited to hear from you again!
I will definetely go for the game when it is released and wish you all the best for further development!
A final question though: what will the Price of this game be?
Looking Forward to the release!

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-11-19 16:50:05

Hello Mike, hello Julian,
thanks for the kind words!

pelantas wrote:

i will purchase the german version none the less. It isn't a language i speak, but i can understand it a little, but hey, in my oppinion i have to support new devs

dank je wel!

pelantas wrote:

One question though, when i purchase this german version, will the english version be available to me at some point?

You will be able switch the language inside the game and it will download all the content in english then. Technology is already there just not the tremenduously expensive voice acting roll

Juliantheaudiogamer wrote:

what will the Price of this game be?

The App will possibly cost 4.49€ on Android & iOS on release. We didn't talk about the price for the Steam version yet, but it won't be far off.

Kind regards from snowy Black Forest in Germany,
Jan

2018-11-19 17:25:50

Well, sadface as there will be german release so definitely not for me. I'll wait for english version for sure!

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-11-19 18:42:20 (edited by Everbyte 2018-11-19 20:03:03)

Lirin wrote:

Well, sadface as there will be german release so definitely not for me. I'll wait for english version for sure!

We will make it happen - one way or another!

2018-11-19 19:32:42

Hi great to hear development is continuing.

though Mrs.  Dark is bilingual in German and spent 17 years living there, other than singing a bit of Schumann I'm afraid my knolidge of German is pretty none existant so I'll be waiting for the english version.

Besides, given Aple's random localisation policy, I wonder if a German version would even show up in Ap stores outside of German speaking countries?

Either way I'll be looking forward to the English version when it arrives and thanks for all your hard work.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-19 20:46:26

Dark wrote:

Besides, given Aple's random localisation policy, I wonder if a German version would even show up in Ap stores outside of German speaking countries?

It (theoretically) shows up in every country that we allow it. Chances are we only release in Germany, Austria and Swiss as long as you can't swap language to English to prevent disappointed reviews since we have an English title. As far as I know you can still trick apple if you swap your device language to German.

Say Hallo to Mrs Dark!

2018-11-19 21:00:30 (edited by Everbyte 2018-11-19 21:01:20)

Let me explain the current situation of the English Version. When we initially calculated the costs, we had the German and English version in mind. But as usual, things don't exactly go as planned and there are also things you can't plan. Big companies just calculate with more time and more money while planning to be prepared for any surprises. We can't.

However the initial plan has not changed! The game has grown much bigger and better than any of us expected and we will sell our souls to be able to continue. We did not touch the money we initially saved for the English version but it will not nearly cover the costs - yes, mistakes we're made here. The development took us twice as long as planned and we didn't earn a single cent with Sound of Magic during this extended period which leads to new issues. We hope the German version will help us to cover some of the costs which are in a five digit range. There are some possibilities that could speed up the English release but I can't speak about them yet.

Thank you all for waiting and your trust in us.

2018-11-19 21:49:56

hi everbyte
what about kickstarter?
I think peoples donate

2018-11-19 21:52:59

Shit happens, I get it, this market is volatile and harsh.
I'm just very glad you got it out!
How ever people buying the non English version of the game to help pay for the English one is not a great solution, some may do it, true, but I think many more will not. And if you give incentives you could get more per donation than 4.49.
Consider a kickstarter with some simple award tiers like name in the contributers list, custom thank you note, name in the main credits, extra magic spell, special map, access to bloopers/cut scenes, digital download of soundtrack, physical copy of soundtrack, coupon for online custom merchandise order (their are many sites that will let you set this up for cheap) custom voicemail greeting from a voice actor in the game, Skype convo with devs ETC.
or just a simple donation button with name in credits and thank you message, maybe entrance into a raffle to win some first second and third place prizes would work too. You guys could handle that quite easily without Kickstarter's help I think, and then you would not have to pay the cut.
I'd happily donate like 10 bucks, I'd do more but this isn't really my kind of game usually and I do not have much to spare.

2018-11-20 11:35:06

At 49 (Defender), I don't think they expect potential would be customers to buy the non-English version just to support them, even if they don't understand German well enough to be able to actually get some enjoyment out of playing the game. I think Everbyte was rather pointing at the fact that actual interested German speakers who do genuinely want to play the game right after release, because they are perfectly capable of doing so, understanding it and enjoying it, will come on and buy the game, and although there might not be exactly a thousand of German speaking customers, it will still help them to fill in the hole in the budget at least a bit. But I agree, they should definitely consider other means of gathering donations or crowdfunding as well.
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.