2018-11-18 14:32:12

hi, I didn't quite know where else to put this, since gamefaqs is more of a mainstream game site than anything else. But anyhow, what I've noticed is that with chrome and nvda, large FAQs and walkthroughs are mysteriously cut off in the middle. Large chunks of them are missing, and the document just continues on a random point. Also, it seams to cut the end off of large documents like the ones I'm talking about. I can be pretty sure it's not the writer's mistake, since many of these guides I tried to read were among the most recommended for that particular game. If yall want, I could post examples too, but for now I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced this and knows how to fix it? There's a button at the bottum of the site called "text mode", but that just removes all the links and interactables on the site, but the missing portions don't come back.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-11-18 20:37:55

I have a hunch that this has to do with ascii art, but not sure why that would be ending the whole thing early. I'm not sure how convoluted their html is, but the next thing I would try is viewing the source to see if that clears it up.
On iOS, voiceover reads these as one giant chunk of text, which is sufficiently awful that I'll probably try opening it in iBooks next time to see if that's more readable.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2018-11-18 22:53:35

strange, further research shows that in chrome and nvda, it keeps happening, but when switching browsers to firefox it's all fine. I wonder why chrome has a problem with this particular site.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-11-19 02:09:27

Pretty sure this could've just as easily gone in general... lol but whatever.
Yeah, Chrome for some reason doesn't seem to like Gamefaqs now, it used to work fine like 3 months ago. And it definitely is Chrome and NVDA, unsure about Chrome and other screen readers. I just switch to Edge, open the FAQ, and copy thee whole thing into a text file.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.