2018-08-10 17:06:28

Also note that if you find and read a certain journal found in the outer ring, the two levers will become available as beacons.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-10-27 12:35:15

I really do suck at this game! Heh. My char's level 37 ranger but yes I really do feel that way.

I've got two of my party members stuck several levels behind me. I wish their level kept up or caught up when they went with you since you can only take two at a time.

I'm having fits with a couple ... well probably more than a couple of the quests. I can only find six of the eight founder's gravestones with names. I otherwise keep running into the two needed for another puzzle or ones with eroded names. I feel like I've been all over this confounded graveyard and I'm as tired of the place as Simeon is.
I've also completely failed to find the goblin tunnels. I just keep going in circles looking for them.
I've also failed to find Wilhelm's wife. She doesn't seem to be in her house.

The hardest monster I've found to kill so far is the skeletal dragon. It kicks our butts every single time with getting five or six attacks per round, one of which is almost guaranteed to half kill a character.
And I'm also not helped by having reversed speakers. Imagine me blowing a very loud raspberry right now.

What does it mean when you're in the graveyard and the door sound just keeps dinging rapidly as you step past a certain part? The doors aren't close enough together that it would ding twice at the same place from one step. It's not even a ding to the left and the right.
I'm finding other aspects of the navigation confusing, too. Getting the interactable object sound for an object you can't get close to because of an obstacle has many times had me wishing I could burn through the graveyard fence or a hedge.

The pace at which NPCs move is a bit annoying, too. If I want to talk to a guard, hope or the other priest, I'd rather not have to chase them. Hah.

2018-10-27 14:08:39

Ok so as I tend to do I might just be missing something obvious, or I looking for something that isn't there, but let me explain.

potential spoiler alert:

During the Business as usual quest Simeon starts opening up about his past, but he only opens up to a certain point, and try as I might I can't get him to open up more. What am I missing?

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-10-27 16:14:59

I suspect I cut myself off from that one by playing a law and order character and making him give the rude dude's  ring back. I'm rather surprised he's stayed with my character, actually.  We haven't finished the goblin thing, but I can't imagine he likes her very much despite that since that rocky start she's tried to keep him in good equipment, just like she would any other travelling companion.

2018-10-27 16:42:41 (edited by drumforever 2018-10-27 16:55:38)

Those who'd like a listen to someone else playing the game, go to Liam Irvin's youtube playthrough here. I suggest doing it with chrome if you have it, and you'll need to fast forward to about 11:30 time marker to get past the synthetic music intro. There's several minutes introductory chatter. More than several. Jump to about 37:00 if you want to get right down to business, it seems.

2018-10-27 20:24:43

@Brendan, this is a guess, but I don't think there's a hidden quest there. It's a sign that Simeon has good feelings towards you if he's opening up about his past. I'll leave you with this. Are you playing a male or female character?

2018-10-28 11:27:35

@Jabberwocky: Thanks. I haven't thought about it like that.

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2018-10-29 06:46:06

H all:

I have two questions. First, where do I go to find the Stony Crag Encampment? And two, is releasing the wolves part of the reunited quest or of another quest entirely? This is my second adventure, in the first one I released Wilhelm only to find out that he died in the escape attempt.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-11-16 18:22:54 (edited by arturminyazev 2018-11-16 18:59:39)

hello all.
i have some questions:
how to arrange the figure to open the Massive Tree?
and give hints to complete the quests called Trouble Sleeping, and Laying Down the Law.

let's rock!

2018-11-16 19:40:47

Hi:

I try to respect the developer's stance about not giving too much away, so I will keep the spoilers to a minimum.
Spoiler 1. Pay a visit to the forts and watchtowers.
2. Pay a visit to the graveyard if you haven't already and search the open graves.
3. Note any significant locations along the road. Pay particular attention to what is  in those locations. Most of them will require some tricky navigation on your part so set beacons when you do get to them.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-11-16 20:54:44

about 1:
i exploard fords and towers but don't fined something that can help me.

let's rock!

2018-11-16 20:58:06

S
P
O
I
L
E
R
  There's actually only one eroded tombstone. The other seven have names. As for Reunited, yes, releasing the wolves is part of that quest. It'll affect the outcome.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2018-11-17 15:11:02

hello.
i explored Western Ruins, but don't fined something that can help me.
only what i find, this is Forest Watch Captain's Journal, which says: Day 3: I've barely begun my time at this fort, and I feel as if it's been an eternity. When I was a lad I found the sounds of the forest soothing; now it grates at my nerves like a neverending cacophany. Can't these birds be quiet? How will we hear the footfalls of our enemies if they never cease their singing?
and Mysteries of Deepwood, witch says: If I am gone, you'll never see; but look too close and blind you'll be.
i don't know that how this can help me.

let's rock!

2018-11-17 17:15:17

@arturminyazev

Spoiler warning.
Go back to the tree and read the riddle again. See if it makes sense when you try to match riddles to  figures.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-11-17 18:18:37

i think yes, but if no, i realy don't know what to do.

let's rock!

2018-11-17 18:59:04

It will work. Just keep trying.

Guy Gavriel Kay

2018-11-17 19:05:13

Mysteries of Deepwood is what you want. Each page deals with one of the five carvings. So for example, if it says if I'm gone, you'll never see, but look too long and blind you'll be, that means one of the carvings is the sun. It's random each game, but keep in mind that the first page of the book pertains to the first carving and so-on.

2018-11-17 19:37:08

117, thank you.
I forgot that you can turn the pages in the book

let's rock!

2019-03-04 21:41:12

Hi everyone,

I found the book that contains the sollution to the puzzle in the massive tree. However, I can't seem to figure out what it says. I tried reading it a couple of times and it doesn't make any sense. For instance, the first page says "Though small in size, life I give". Could someone give me some hints with respect to these clues, please?
Cheers,
André

2019-03-04 22:36:45

Think about each clue as as it relates to nature and the  cycles of growth. Some of them are a little ambiguous, but you can figure them out via process of elimination. For example the small thing that gives life can only really match with the seed symbol.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2020-07-21 20:04:54

can anyone give me any hints for how to open the sell for wilhelm?

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.