2018-11-15 18:10:17

Hi everyone,
So I've been thinking about writing a blog for awhile, it's always interested me and I've read some brilliant ones in the past. The only thing holding me back is the platform itself; does anyone have any suggestions for simple, accessible blogging sites?
Thank you in advance.

2018-11-15 18:37:49

I'm actually in the same position here myself, I have a wordpress account but the interface is so complex I am not sure how to start creating something, much less something that would be appealing to people not using screen reading  indeed I primarily just made the account to leave comments on other people's blogs.

I have contributed articles to other sites such as www.fantasybookreview.co.uk who post up my book reviews and have now also restarted their blog and are doing articles, but starting something of my own would be nice too.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-15 19:18:32

I used WordPress when I started out with my blog (although mind you, that was about two years ago and has been neglected recently), but when I used WordPress the interface was very accessible. In addition, there is an iOS app for it as well should you wish to blog on the move, and last time I looked at the app it was also perfectly accessible. Although as I said this was a while ago, so there might have been changes in the interim.

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2018-11-16 03:06:25

I'd recommend Google blogger, it is much more blind friendly than Wordpress blog these days. If you use wordpress for the content management system, it's good. But if you're looking to blog with wordpress, as I said, I would recommend blogger instead.

2018-11-16 11:51:56

Hello,
@Dark:
Yeah, I've noticed that it has become increasingly difficult to use, although I've only ever read blogs on that site so unless I create an account, I won't know whether it's usable.
@BCS993:
Thank you, this is helpful.
@Socheat:
Thanks, I will definitely take a look smile

2018-11-16 22:42:01

Hi!
I am blogging with Wordpress.com for five years. Ofcourse, devs can make sometimes some things unnaccessible, after some months back accessible, but It's OK for me.
It uses Wordpress.org platform, but It is littlebid commercial.
But, there are little issues with languages. For example in WP reader, if You speak Slovak, You'll haveto switch interface language not to Slovak, but to Czech, because of mutual inteligibility.
This issue is ofcourse, very strange, but currently I haven't any big problems with Wordpress.com.
I have tested also Blogspot (Blogger), but It seens so different for me. It is also accessible, but with complexity. My experience is, that Wordpress.com is accessible, like Tumblr and sometimes Blogspot.
Ofcourse, You can for example turn off infinite scroll, because this function isn't very good for example in Firefox. I would like to help You, if You want, but I have also some duties. I'll try It best, as I can.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-11-17 00:23:26

Hi,

Depending on what you need, Quiller might be for you.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi