2018-11-14 12:54:14

So I've been using a free reverb vst called ambiance. But I just don't like it's sound any more. Don't get me wrong, it's a good plugin  especially considering it's free. But I don't like the way it is with stario sound.  It just doesn’t sound realistic enough,  and that’s kind of a big thing considering how much I use reverb and what I worke on.   I need a plug-in that is good at simulating rooms  and other spaces. What are some alternatives? I have a mac with  logic pro and also reaper.  I also have windows, I have gold wave. However on windows I am limited to  2GB of RAM because guess who thought it would be a good idea to set up a virtual machine on a 4 GB RAM computer

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-11-14 13:06:19

Hi,
Adobe audition can be an awesome bet. It has an awesome environment creator if you know how to work with reverb effects. It is recommended that you get audition1.5 but both versions 1.5 and 3.0 are accessible

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-14 13:07:52

how do you use it?
i have tryed to worked with it, but no luck

2018-11-14 15:57:29

Soundforge has good built-in reverb, however, some plugins for goldwave or any other editor that can handle vst exist. They provide what soundforge provides and then some. I would recommend the plugin called Classic Reverb, which pretty much provides decent to great reverb for just about every category, with tons of presets. Then, there is T A L reverb if you are looking for a solid recreation of the 80s-style plate reverb you would have in the hardware of the time.

2018-11-14 17:53:41

what do you mean by plugin? What is that, if your talking about separate audio edditors, then goldwave is a horrible thing to use, audacity, is meh, you have decent control of echo if you know what all the sliders and numbers do, but if someone could explain how to get a vary good reverb effect on goldwave or reaper, then please tell me how!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-14 18:13:13

I guess you could say it’s like an extension. In the case of audio editing, it’s like an  installable external  audio effect.  And yes, the gold wave reverb affect is an abomination.  However, I prefer gold wave because of it simplicity. Gets something done when you need it to.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2018-11-14 18:41:33 (edited by kianoosh 2018-11-14 18:41:45)

audition can be even more easier if you get into it and learn it. You can have 3d audio effects without installing any plugin, You can have one of the best reverbs out there by using the full reverb effect, On the other side, You have the multi track support with metronome, Seriously easy mix pasting, and a tun of other good features both for sound designing and music creation. It's also a very awesome software to make audio movies. All of these that i'm saying are pruven to me before that's why i point out all these

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-14 18:51:07

hi kionoosh
can you point me to a guide or something so i can start checking it?

2018-11-14 20:21:31

Ambiance is fine with stereo sound.. the parameters are very tweekable, and I love it for 99% of applications I use it for. Could just be my ear, however. As with most fx, beauty is in the eyes of the listener. But since we're talking about free plugins and vsts, I don't think Audition or Soundforge come into the discussion. lol big_smile

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-11-14 20:44:58

I pan mono tracks a lot with what I do. It just doesn't sound emersive like some other reverbs.

2018-11-14 21:50:36

It does, if you tweek long enough. I don't know how much you do with audio so don't want to make presumptions... are you panning a track then using a send to add the reverb? Or are you paning the track with the reverb on it.. that would take away from any reverb, imo.

2018-11-14 23:14:26

The tracks are panned before adding the reverb.  The main  parameters  I adjust our dry and wet sliders, time milliseconds, room size,  pre delay,  and width.  I have messed with other settings, but  i’m not sure if those will help me with room  simulation  very much.  I think whatever I’m having to deal with is worse when I’m using larger reverbs, such as halls.

2018-11-14 23:32:10

Goldwave is very nice interface-wise and incredibly lightweight, worth every penny in my opinion. That being said, the built-in reverb leaves a lot to be desired, but that's what plugins are for.

2018-11-15 01:46:01

an idiot wrote:

The tracks are panned before adding the reverb.  The main  parameters  I adjust our dry and wet sliders, time milliseconds, room size,  pre delay,  and width.  I have messed with other settings, but  i’m not sure if those will help me with room  simulation  very much.  I think whatever I’m having to deal with is worse when I’m using larger reverbs, such as halls.

If you can post a recording of something you are finding dissatisfactory, we may be able to help you. Those sliders are all good, but the others you didn't mention are also vital ones... and also, panning the tracks and then adding the reverb onto the tracks will make the reverb coming out of only one side... which may be part of the problem.

2018-11-15 03:40:41

Interesting username

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-11-15 11:35:54

This isn’t the case as I am working with ambience in gold Wave. This has happened to me before in logic pro, but usually then I just apply reverb to the master track.  When I get the time later today, I may put something together. I will also see if I can try out some of the other things suggested here.

2018-11-15 17:33:04

Ah. With goldwave I can't recommend much.. I only use it for very basic stuff, I do much more with Reaper than with that. And applying reverb to a master track is a bad idea unless you want everything to be affected by it... either put the reverb onto the track you want to have the effect on, or create a send track and send the desired tracks to the reverb. If you feed everything into it, you are definitely going to come up with less than satisfactory results.

2018-11-16 03:06:16

What about Freeverb? It's public domain and exists as a VST. It's been a fallback of mine for many years when I can't use convolution. You can control the room size, width and damping among other things. Naturally you have wet/dry so you can use it either as a normal send effect or as an insert if you want to include the dry signal in the output.

I put the DLL in my Dropbox for you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uns9m4ar0cvbc … 3.dll?dl=1

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall