2018-11-10 07:52:37

Hey. Are there any good ios games out there? Would be Nice if i could find something free among them. Took ages till i coaxed my parents into buying feer, and they were outrageous cause they don't believe in Apple and monetary security. Even if it is my own bank card, and i have the responsibility of it they just shout at me that hackers will get off all of my money from the card. To be honest it's getting annoying, i bought feer two days ago and i'm still getting idiotic remarks for example they constantly check the card for money leakage, and i need to go with them every time cause it's my own card and i changed the pin code so they couldn't check it without me. Sorry, out of topic ends. So, back to gaming. I wanted to try king of dragon pass, that one looks superb, but of course, price is twice that of feers. I don't want my parents to go nuts, you know. One more question, can we still somehow get that zombie defence thingy from, hmm, was it somethin else i believe? That looked interesting. I heard pg13lp playing it once and wanted to try it since. Lots of stuff and weapons.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-11-10 09:04:29

Hi,

I'm sorry to say, Audio defense is gone. they removed it from the App Store due to money and creation of new games. However [in the works] you will have a new game. Or at least by next january or February you will, circus master's revenge [CMR]. It's a game I will be testing. The only thing I share is it is going to be shooting clowns and different circus performers, so yeah it's kind of like audio defense, but I didn't even test it yet so not sure. But it's going to be better then audio defense I heard, and I will be testing it on December since it got postponed.

Anyway about other games, not sure really, except for A blind legend, which is an okay game. I like the story mode of it, but what kind of games are you trying to look for? Like FPS games, racing games, ETC, or are you just looking for games in general that blind people can play? Just wondering. But yeah, Audiogame hub is another one, however you need to get a subscription for it [I got yearly subscription for it] and it's pretty good selection of games in my opinion. The games however are not that good on it, except for animal escape..

I'll leave you with this, this may be a long comment. But ask a way and you shall get some responses, and about your parents taking you to Apple or something, not sure why they are yelling at you because your money shouldn't leak or something. I guess your parents believe that or something? Yeah, well, can't help you with that except keep begging them to buy you more things, or when you are older you can always move out and [buy]  the things yourself and get a job!! But anyway, keep being handycapible.

2018-11-10 09:23:09

I don't have any type preference, anything's fine. Probably will buy king of dragon pass on my birthday which will be on the 22nd of this month so. But i'm eager for suggestions what i should try.

2018-11-11 22:09:32

You won't go wrong with KODP! Its a terrific role playing game with a slight learning curve. But read the manual, and get into the spirit and adventure of running your own tribal clan.
The sequel to Kingdom of dragon pass is called six ages, and its even better, but you should go through KODP first by all means to get the feel of playing a clan chiefton, and taking on the responsibilities of the entire clan itself. With the help of advisors also of course.
KODP isn't the kind of game you'll run through in a night or two, so plan to take your time with it, and enjoy the passage of time while building your clan.

. Have fun! And early happy birthday Arnold!
big_smile

2018-11-12 10:31:27

Hi Arnold.

There are some free games available like huboodle, but the problem is that most of the really awesome Ios titles I would recommend are either commercial games themselves like A dark room, King of dragon pass and six ages, or have limiting factors in their free mode such as land of livia, the choicefogames titles or  or audio game hub.

What I would personally recommend is looking for a way to buy the games.

Myself, I use a credit card for this with a very low limit, so that if hackers did! get hold of my credit card information at most they could make a payment which I could then cancel at the bank.

Of course though, even if someone pinched my phone there is more than enough security on the thing between pass codes, finger print scanning and my long and complex Apple Id password, not to mention of course that I could use the "find my phone" function on Aple to check where it was, cancel the device account and even alert the police to who might have it big_smile.

Anyway, if your parents are not keen on this idea, one way around might be to use Itunes gift cards see Here for details this way, there would be no access to money on the phone but what was actually put onto the gift card, thus at most, if you put ten pounds/dollars/euroes whatever onto the card, that would be all that was in the balance to spend, so even if by some remote chance someone did! hack your phone or steel your phone, at most they would just get a tenner big_smile.

I know the cards are available in the Uk and US and parts of europe, I'm not sure about other countries, but it might be something worth looking into. Your parents could even buy those from a physical apple shop if they're not happy with buying online.

hth.

There are some awesome games out there for Ios at the moment, many like Feer that are very inexpensive, and it'd be a shame to miss out on them due to payment paranoia. so hopefully this is a good way around.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-12 20:32:18

I agree with dark, purchasing an apple's gift card is your best option to protect your credit card info. I have always heard so much about kodp for a while now. how much is it, and any gameplay vids on it?

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-11-12 23:42:52

@Smoothgunner, king od dragon pass is awesome. I haven't tried six ages yet, but I intend to.

for gameplay, I recorded a demo myself about the game you can Download it here from sendspace

Its fairly long but was intended to show the complete start to the game and explain how a lot works. There is also michael Feyr's podcast on Applevis, though that is rather out of date these days, EG it mentions access issues which have long since been fixed.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-13 20:32:06

Hi:

Definitely recommend trying KOD. And Six Ages, where the game play is even better and the VoiceOver accessibility is improved on the map. Also, gift cards  are your friend. If your country's iTunes store doesn't offer full content, set your store region to one that does and enjoy.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-11-14 21:12:29

Hi.
I've played many iOS games in the past that are accessible, some more enjoyable than others. Sadly, many of my favourites can not be baught any more EG Papa Sangre and the night jar. There are still some options though and hopefully there will be more to come in the near future. A blind legend is fun; it's very immersive and the controls are easy to master after a little practice. The only issue I have is that it doesn't have much replay value. I'd still totally recommend it though, if you've not tried it already. Some of my favourite games however are ones that aren't specifically developed with the blind in mind but can still be easily played by us. They're GameBooks so I'm not sure whether you would enjoy them but you can always try. The developer is Choice of Games and they cover a variety of genres from Fantacy to Thriller. Some of my favourites are "Choice of Robots" and "Choice of Magics”.
The only potential downside of this type of game that I can think of is that few of them are free and the paid ones can cost up to £6 or equivalent. However, if (as previous posters have mentioned) iTunes vouchers can be purchased in your area, this problem may be resolved. You can also find similar games under the "hosted games" developer, such as the Way Walkers university saga which I absolutely love. I hope this helps and that you find something that you enjoy. Also, have a great Birthday. big_smile

2018-11-14 22:35:21

I’m currently testing a game right now called circus masters revenge, all I can tell you though is it’s a game where you shoot different circus performers like clowns and other circus artists.

2018-11-15 15:21:01

I work as and audio expert for a company called MyTrueSound. We make audio games for iOS and Android. The first part of our first game GoldGun in going to be released in January. I will start a thread about it soon here. Stay tuned smile.

-- Mikko
MyTureSound

2018-11-15 15:54:38 (edited by Laurel 2018-11-15 15:55:44)

Hello again,
@mherrane:
This sounds awesome! I've been hoping for something new to come out for a while. Good luck with the project and I look forward to hearing more soon!

2018-11-15 18:07:16

@mherrane, I'll be looking forward to it, we need more good audiogames for the Iphone, particularly since sadly due to Apple's policy of "update with us or die"  really good audio titles have fallen by  way side which is quite sad.

I have had a lot of fun with the Cog/hg titles over the years, although I haven't been able to play as many as I would've liked.
some of my favourites have included choice of robots, Zombie exodus and choice of zombies, fatehaven, the Samurai Hyuga series and mecher ace, though many I need to have another go at, I loved the world in choice of romance for example but I ended up taking the super romantic, sod your family I'm marrying the nice guy ending which cut the game off a bit prematurely big_smile.

Maybe I'll treat myself and play through one of these again.

I've also recently been trying a couple of the delight games titles. These play differently to the cog/hg games, since for one thing you always play a pre-determined character, and for another the games have more of a classic fighting fantasy gamebook vibe with stats that increase/dicrease such as damage or mana or the like.

2018-11-15 18:43:44

Hi,
@Dark:
Yeah, that particular Apple polecy is incredibly irritating, especially as some of the best apps and games I've found come under that category. Personally, although I see why they've done it, I believe in the saying that if it aint broke, don't fix it. The reason that so many apps don't update frequently is because they don't need to in the first place; they're usable and don't have bugs. But that's another discussion for another topic... big_smile
Back to games, I really do enjoy COG games. As I said in a previous post, Choice of Robots is at the top of the list for me. I just love the way it's written and it has a lot more replay value than some others. If you've not tried it already, you should give Choice of Magics a go as not only is it a decent game on its own but I believe it's written by the person who wrote Choice of Robots.
I've not yet tried any of the Delight Games titles but I've heard about them and will definitely give them a go when I have time. smile

2018-11-15 19:14:44

@Laurel in This huge mondo topic huge mondo cog/from a few years ago I and several people discussed games as we played them, when I get around to choice of magics or other titles I'll likely post in there too.

I did begin saga of the north wind a while ago but I got a bit distracted at the time and wasn't able to go as far as I would've liked, I'd like to get back to that one, actually I need to sort my library out as I am not sure how things work since they have introduced the single ap version as opposed to the generalised aps for each game.

As to delight games, these were ones I kept hearing about since for a while access on Android was better than on Ios, indeed I sort of fell on my feet with that one since I bought the ap back when it was a premium only thing but had comparatively few books and thought I'd really lost out due to it being inaccessible, then of   Ios access got fixed I suddenly found I'd got an amazingly good deal big_smile.

I haven't played many of their titles either but those I've played I've liked, again many games and not enough time.

apple really irritate me with the "update or else" policy, particularly because it can invalidate things you have legally payed for, indeed it is odd that i have games on my pc that I bought in 2006, which I can still run and play no problem, but some games I bought only three or four years ago like Pappa sangre ii have been killed by Apple.

its quite irritating, especially since there aren't exactly many audiogames to begin with.

2018-11-15 21:26:58

Greetings again. I got hold of some awesome tittles on ios. For example the dark room, and the ensign. Currently playing through a dark room, i'm kinda afraid of the map thingy, like how it works and such. I have a question about king of dragon pass though. Can anyone help me with the map? Can't find out how the hexes are layd out. And can't find my tula which is a bit irritating.

2018-11-16 09:46:54

@Arnold, the map in a dark room is! scary, though not for accessibility reasons, there's just lots of scary stuff out there big_smile.

As to king of dragon pass, the map there is indeed a bit tricky. Some fool called ddark created This textual guide on how to navigate, its also mentioned in said fool called dark's podcast. as well.

Apparently six ages has a much more screen reader friendly map, though that's a game I still need to get into.

2018-11-16 19:09:28

Thanks the help smile

2018-11-16 19:58:29

@Dark:

Six Ages is definitely worth a considerable amount of time. Say, three or four days. If you can put it down after that it will be becauseyou have very pressing issues that just can't wait. LOL that was my experience with King of Dragon Pass, as well. Oh, and slight spiler, combat in Six Ages is more about strategy than in KOD.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134