2018-11-12 13:05:15

I have been searching for a couple of muds, or evenb just one that has RP. I prefer the ones with adult content and doesn't rely on mob killing or questing. Strictly a place with lots of shared writing. I have checked out Shang, too many people and not enough writing. They are TS based. I want something that is adult but not TS driven. Any ideas?
Thanks,
A

2018-11-12 16:45:51

Hmmm, since rp in muds is less my thing I confess I don't know as many (I've never heard of Shang and I'm afraid I don't know what ts means), but some you might check out which I've heard good things about in the past are inquisition legacy, sindom and shadows of mordor.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-12 18:28:45

Not aMUD, but it's a MUX.
At the Crossroads. More info on their (well written) wiki at atcmux.wikia.com

I've been playing there for a while, and the community, though small, is very friendly and the staff are extremely, EXTREMELY open to feedback. Note, it's pure RP, scenes, poses, character development and al that.

I'm on there with a few characters and for some reason, I'm all but convinced somebody I've been talking to on there is, too. I won't name the character, but.....I'm fairly sure they're from here. I know another forum user is, too.

Pros:

Friendly community
Staf have worked tirelessly to make things accessible
Easy to learn and players wil help each other out OOC
Dedicated playerbase

On the fence:

Theme specific characters
Depending on where you are in the world, there's times when people aren't so active

Cons:

Waiting to get approved. However, you can test RP while you wait
Staff are VERY detail oriented and make you think about things. Example

Frank pages: I've been reading your app and I have questions
You page Frank with: GO on, I've got mah notes up here
Frank pages with: Okay, why would a police officer need your guy to pick somebody out of a lineup if they got his ID?
You page Frank with: Okay, a few ideas. 1. The ID has the name or photo taped over. 2. The ID's illegile or stolen. 3. Drop the ID thing. Whichever works best I'm fine with
Frank pages: Also, I'd rework the apartment advantage to have more info
You page Frank with: I've actualy got one written up. I just need to add the info in for it. Anything else?
Frank pages: Car payments. You're looking at more han $850 a month to insure a classic Mustang
You page Frank with: Ah but I've found sources that did cite $750-900 for insuring a Mustang, a 68. I'd say if you guys are fine with it, fudge it to $800 a month with a bigger initial payment to cover it, say....few months in advance>
From long distance, Frank nodss
You page Frank with: There we go. Now to figure things out for my vamp. Oh this'll be fun

Also, the playerbase is amazingly good to talk to, theyd on't mind you pausing between poses to ask questions or make smartass remarks

OOC: Marius seriously wants to pull off a T-shirt with him faceplanting and Faith standing nearby casually
OOC: Faith Lehain dies laughing
OOC: Marius isn't far behind. Gravity...that just happened.....yah

Or this

OOC: Prudence Halliwell says "You may want to edit"
OOC: Marius says "Okay gimme aminute to redo my pose a second, yeah you'e right. I'll repose
OOC: Tinkerbell nods
OOC: Marius is pretty sure vamp senses would let him spot Tina from a ways away. Actally, given her bright clothing.....he thinks even a blind man would have no trouble spotting Tina xD
OOC: Tinkerbell laughs
OOC: Prudence Halliwell arches an eyebrow
OOC: Marius raises palms. Is still working on a pose.....no, autocorndog, no!!
OOC: Marius says "It changed public to...removing the L. Argh!"
OOC: Marius facepalms.

The RP itself is very well written,depending on who is writing it but acros the board everyone tries their best which is all anyone can ask for. It's high quality and fun, with a laid back atmosphere.

I know it's not a MUD, but come try it out.

If you want to connect, either check the wiki, or telnet to mythara.com 9900 (or use their web client)

Disclaimer: I ain't affiliated with them. I already broke things here once by posting their ANSI ad...oops.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers

2018-11-13 01:52:02

The Gathering is a good Mud, and you can literally RP your way to hero.
It has adult content, but it's very specific about where you can do SRP, so that those who don't want that from a Mud don't have to be offended.
Staff is super friendly, and there is a lot to explore.
You can mob and quest if you like, but nothing stops you from leveling to hero simply through RP.

2018-11-13 08:26:11

Well as Mirage mentioned The gathering as a mud with both usual quest andcombat elements but one where you could advance completely through rp, I'll also add Flexible survival.
The theme is extremely adult, being about an apocalyptic world where mutated creatures spread a virus through sexual contact, but the player base is surprisingly well, adult in  propper sense.

There are lots of tools for rp,  gaining experience and other resources just through role playing if you like, indeed you can level up right through the game that way if your so inclined, (there is a setting to remove all combat against mobs). Occasionally players will even run specific judged scenes which work like tabletop sessions with your characters  tested by dice rolls.

Given the theme of the game, some of the rp is erotic in nature, but it is part of the absolute core values of the game that people are  never made to feel uncomfortable, there is a very strict system for specifying the sort of things you do/don't want to do with your character and people will respect that.

There are also many people who engage in completely ordinary rp with no erotic overtones at all.

so, if you can cope with the sexual theme of the game and some off colour descriptions of surroundings and mobs it might be one to check out.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)