2018-11-11 18:49:43

I've made some updates to this game. You can check the change log here:
https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … angelog.md

The main GitHub page is at:
https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Velocity
Thanks to everyone who continues to report bugs and suggest new features. I'm really happy that so many of you are enjoying TDV to this day.

2018-11-11 19:03:29

Nice. Thanks so much for still working on the game.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-11 20:46:33

thanks,
This is also a great game that has been going through more than 10 years.

2018-11-11 21:14:55

I really should try out this game again. I couldn't beat the final boss on the ground, so I quit trying. I love the multi player though.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-11 21:21:39

Awesome to see this is still being updated, thanks!

2018-11-11 21:29:31

I'm also glad to see it being worked on as well. smile

2018-11-11 23:28:44

Hi.
I don't know if you take requests for new features any more. I sadly can't write down ideas on the github page, so I hope you still follow this thread and like these things.
One is actualy more a bugfix, when I play the normal deathmatch mode and take off, I often have it that I have two or three enemy fighters flying around, which shoot down each other after some time, leaving only one fighter which is mostly damaged and just flying behind me.
What I would love to see is that the fighters actually assault your plane and also engage in maneuvers, to for example intercept your fighter, not just trail you.
The other thing is, would it be possible to define a number of fighters for the deathmatch mode? it would be awesome to have more than one or two fighters at ones, it would be cool if you could enter a number of fighters to spawn, would make for more interesting dog fights I guess.

I hope you like these things and would take them into consideration for a later build of the game.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-11 23:41:02

I really need to give this game a whirl one of these days.  I always avoided it years ago because I was dumb and couldn't figure it out.  Now that I'm more patient and am no longer using a vm, I don't feel like I'd have trouble.  The multiplayer functionality looks really exciting, too.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2018-11-12 07:30:48

Hello!
I love this game and I play this game till now! Good work! Keep it up.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-12 08:25:15

aaron77 wrote:

I really need to give this game a whirl one of these days.  I always avoided it years ago because I was dumb and couldn't figure it out.  Now that I'm more patient and am no longer using a vm, I don't feel like I'd have trouble.  The multiplayer functionality looks really exciting, too.

The game works fine on a virtual machine.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-13 05:48:31

Hi there, I just downloaded the latest master version of this from github. For some reason, it seems to download a zip file that is only 7.6 MB. That doesn't seem right. Is there something wrong with my net, or the set of files on the site?

2018-11-13 15:04:13

Yeah, I also avoided that game, till now! Great work man!
Sean, maybe you downloaded the source code?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2018-11-14 03:20:44

Yup, seems like you got the source code. Check out the heading titled "Downloading the game" for instructions on getting the binary release. It shouldn't be too difficult to find.
https://github.com/munawarb/Three-D-Vel … g-the-game

2018-11-14 23:32:30

I played through training  mode and crashed when landing. Oops? But yeah I love the game. I have just one issue though.

I have some hearing  loss on the right side so can't hear when the target is on the right. And at time s I can't even hear the target. Can the target's volume be increased a bit by the user? I forgot to actually mention you guys in my youtube video as I can't even pronounce the name. Lol! I don't want to mess it up.

Take care and thanks  for making a pretty cool game.

Support the stream and podcast. Become a patron at http://patreon.com/tffppodcast or donate while I'm live on youtube  at streamlabs.com/marrie125 or subscribe to youtube Right now that. is more helpful than a donation. I want to get myself out there first.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2018-11-15 00:02:36

Do you mean the targeting solution, or the actual aircraft you want to target? I think offering mods for different handicaps would be pretty cool.

2018-11-15 01:16:07

I also crashed while landing. Still need to check the documentation as I have tried this game before but had too poor English knowledge to properly play it.

2018-11-15 01:48:31

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I meant the plane. The target solution I can hear fine, at least for now I can't hear the actual thing  I'm supposed to fire on.

Support the stream. Become a patron at patreon.com/tffppodcast or donate while I'm live at streamlabs.com/marrie125 or subscribe to this channel. Right now that. is more helpful than a donation. I want to get myself out there first.

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2018-11-15 02:18:58

By the way there is a bit of  a bug with the third fighter I'm supposed to kill  in the training mission. I was able to track him last night, but this time I cannot. I hear the beep as if the lock was disabled. I tried restarting the mission but yeah  no joy  here.

Here is a  link to the audio  file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufjqv9i6jcp4r … s.mp3?dl=1

2018-11-15 09:17:46

Lol I love the scene on the Aircraft Carrier. Because of it, the game seems to be more realistic.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2018-11-15 09:22:34

@ke7zum, I also had this problem, that's why I gave up on training mode. Sometimes it works, and sometimes just no.

2018-11-15 14:44:01

hi.  i got a  this error wile running tdv.exe  plese help  here is  log file   Error log, created with build version 2.21.0.30661:
Error base exception: SharpDX.SharpDXException: HRESULT: [0x80070005], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_ACCESSDENIED/General access denied error], Message: Access is denied.

at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.DirectInput.Device.Acquire()
   at TDV.dxInput.DInputInit(Control Handle) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\dxInput.cs:line 82
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 86
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238
Error Description: HRESULT: [0x80070005], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_ACCESSDENIED/General access denied error], Message: Access is denied.

Stack trace:    at SharpDX.Result.CheckError()
   at SharpDX.DirectInput.Device.Acquire()
   at TDV.dxInput.DInputInit(Control Handle) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\dxInput.cs:line 82
   at TDV.GUI..ctor() in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\GUI.cs:line 86
   at TDV.Common.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Common.cs:line 238

2018-11-15 14:49:20

1. Try rerunning the game
2. Plug out any controllers if any are pluggen in
3. Do you have net franework installed?

2018-11-15 19:00:48

One more question Is there an easier way to do the server? I forwarded ports 4444 to 4446 then created a sub domain that would point to my IP address   but nothing  worked. I cant right now afford a vps for windows as those are expensive and I don't think I can run this server on one of my linux vps servers sad. Anyway, Take care all and I might try another mission today or so.

Take care

2018-11-15 19:48:59

Hey @ke
If you're ISP gives you public IP adress, the only thing that comes to my mind is that your firewall is blocking the server from running successfully

2018-11-15 21:33:00

when i launched training app crashed and

Error log, created with build version 2.21.0.30661:
Error base exception: System.MissingMethodException: Nie odnaleziono metody: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
   w TDV.Aircraft.iterateActions()
   w TDV.Aircraft.interact() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:wiersz 941
   w TDV.Aircraft.move() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:wiersz 679
   w TDV.Holder.activate() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:wiersz 112
Error Description: Nie odnaleziono metody: '!!0[] System.Array.Empty()'.
Stack trace:    w TDV.Aircraft.iterateActions()
   w TDV.Aircraft.interact() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:wiersz 941
   w TDV.Aircraft.move() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Aircraft.cs:wiersz 679
   w TDV.Holder.activate() w C:\Users\munawar\projects\Three-D-Velocity\TDV\Holder.cs:wiersz 112