2018-11-11 01:49:30 (edited by Dan Gero 2018-11-11 19:24:18)

I'd like to make an updated post saying exactly who I think would make a good moderator. I'll also suggest news posters.
News Posters:
Ethin
keyIsFull
defender
UltraLeetJ
Moderators:
Jack
Liam
Joseph Westhouse
SLJ
In addition, I would like to suggest a couple friends of mine, although they don't post very much. We've been friends for four years and five years respectively, and the reason why is because they're the opposite of me. They're easy going, level headed, and I'm not sure about the second guy but the first keeps his cool in even the most tough situations. I'm not sure if they'd want to do this kind of job especially considering one guy's going to college and the other is about to, albeit a different kind of college, but if they want to be mods I guess they'll have to tell you guys themselves as I can't speak for them.
Chris
Familymario
This may not be customary, but I’d like to suggest a person who doesn’t have an account on here as well. He said that he doesn’t have time to moderate a forum right now, but after he gets done with his nursing class in May he’ll consider it. He’s sited, and he’s been in the medical care field for well over 20 years. He was also in the military for a little bit. He can get harsh sometimes, but I believe he’s fair and kind at heart. He’s a pretty damn good leader, and he does what he’s told by his bosses too. He’s a hero to me. I’m of course talking about my Dad. I know you guys don’t get that kind of request very often so I know it may seem weird, but I did ask him if he could check out the forum some time. I don’t know how you guys feel about that, but I’d love for you to consider it.
Finally, I’d like to explain why I haven’t volunteered. I’m pretty sure at this point, I’ve failed every single guideline you guys posted for becoming a moderator. Right now, I have my own issues to work out, including not lashing out before I think. Plus, because of the center I’m at I won’t have time to take a huge responsibility like that. Sure though, I’ll toss in my hat, but I need to get a time machine and travel ten years into the future before doing that.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-11 06:18:12

@51, I'd love to ask why you'd consider me newsposter material? smile

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-11 12:33:00 (edited by defender 2018-11-11 12:33:30)

@Ethin
Probably because me and you both talk so damned much...

I think Musicalman would make a good mod too. But, we should probably keep in mind availability...
That's something for Jade to ask the nominees when hey follows up with them though I guess...
Either way, I think those mods that will be gone for a while E.G. they've notified the staff that they are going on vacation should stay, but those that drop out for long enough should be removed and someone else put in their place... Nothing personal of course... No reason not to consider them again later unless it's a repeat occurrence.
I'm really liking the honesty shown here though.

2018-11-11 14:24:04

I vote for Sloppy Joe as a mod.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-11-11 18:03:48

@Ethin @defender Because you guys have great writing skills, that's why.

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-11 18:11:27

Hi.
Having been here since 2007, I would like to chime in as a volunteer moderator. This forum n community have given me so much so it's difficult to describe.  I'll just offer my help if needed, and do my best to make this place as great as possible.
1. Competent communication skills (the stronger the better)
Well, English is not my main language, but I'm doing my best to improve my English each day. I wish my English was much better. If it gets too complicated, then I simply find it difficult to understand, and I'm forced to back out, because I end up getting more confused. Sometimes, I wanna say more what I'm saying, but find it difficult to write it in English. So I'll leave it up to others to decide if my communication skills are good enough. smile
2. Ability to work well within a team
I have worked in teams since 2004, and I'm good at working together with other people.
3. respect for the rules and an understanding of how and why they operate as they do
Sure. People who don't do that can't be a moderator. smile
4. patience
I have a lot of patience.
5. self-awareness, and awareness of personal biases
I always do my best regarding to this.
6. Awareness of personal weaknesses and a willingness to work on them
I'm always doing my best to be aware of this, and work on my weaknesses, also as a forum member. I try to be better at only posting, if I have something good to say. Otherwise, I better shut up, and focus on more positive things.
7. an open mind and a flexible perspective
I always try to be as openminded as possible.
8. The ability to devote a reasonable amount of time each week to the governing of the forum
I'm having a busy life, and sometimes way too busy. I'm spending so much time on this forum as possible, but sometimes I'm so busy, so I'm not able to check the forum for a few days. Most of the time, I'm checking the forum every day, and I'm willing to put more time into the forum, if I'll be chosen as a moderator.
9. a clean or relatively clean history
Well, I have only got a few warnings, where I should have taken a deep breath and done something more positive instead of posting what I had on mind. smile
Moderators should not be chosen based on popularity. Therefore, I'm just here if people need me and want me as a moderator. If not, then I'll just continue as the "unstoppable poster..." big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-11 21:58:11

How shameful from me forgetting his name. Yes, I vote for SLJ as well, he really fits the position. Joseph Westhouse does pretty well fit, and I vote for him as well, I even consider him to be among those who deserve this position. However, I ain't sure if he's full-time because he was not very active, so that's why  I didn't mention his name yet he really well fits the position.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2018-11-12 01:41:38

I know this topic has been very quiet. Was curious to know if the mods and admins had discussed anything. I realize it's only exploratory at this point, but... everyone's been unseasonably quiet.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-11-15 04:14:17

As a fan of L-Works software and games, I shall vote for Liam. An eccelent developer indead. if I have my possition of maintenance I shall vote for SLJ, and last but not least, in a future I shall administrate the fórum. I'm going to have the hat on my ring, fokes!

73 Wj3u

2018-11-15 06:25:44

What happened to aaron's message?

2018-11-15 09:22:48

zakc93 wrote:

What happened to aaron's message?

Did anything happened?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-15 20:25:03

Hi,
I ended up deleting the message as I was considering how to write it down, I don't want to act too quickly and end up rushing into things, and I was wondering the best way to put it in a message. I was also a bit worried the message might have accidentally looked harsher than intended.
Since someone noticed this, I might as well say it, it'll be easier.
In short, I am considering a roadmap of sorts, a deadline, and am trying to find a reasonable balance. As it stands, there's not too much new happening at the minute, we've had some discussions about staff, but it's good to have a bit of downtime for the moment. I plan to post my idea to the list properly next week some time, but I'll put the basics here.
In short, I'm considering a sort of roadmap. We don't want a deadline that's too quick, but we also don't want a deadline that's too long. I'll say again, the last thing I want to do is end up rushing into things, at the same time we can't just leave this alone. So it's between me, the two current mods, and the news posters, and I definitely plan to add more staff, but it's also about rules and possibly a site faq type thing as well.

2018-11-16 22:15:08

Carter and Liam. Nuff said.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-11-20 17:39:42

I will throw my hat into the ring, if I don’t get picked, that’s fine.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2018-11-25 23:28:19

Get some women already, for goodness sakes, stop being prejudiced!

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-11-26 01:33:08

@65, are you deaf as well as blind? multiple people have said, including me, on your multiple atempts, that we would have more women if more good women gave good reasons for them to be admins, if you want a woman so bad then fucking enter yourself instead of bitching about shit that we've allready kindly explained to you?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-26 01:36:14

RTT entertainment wrote:

I will throw my hat into the ring, if I don’t get picked, that’s fine.

but, but, but, your probably not going to be picked, cause you didn't even say anything about yourself?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-26 04:58:09

Moderation:

ElizaBaez, this has come up before, and people have attempted to be civil with you. I understand your feelings regarding prejudice, but the fact is that you have as yet not definitively proven any actual prejudice. Given that such an accusation can be a pretty heavy thing, even if most don't take you seriously, I'm going to ask you to cease and desist. Please consider this an official caution; there is no trouble at this point and you are not being punished, but I'd prefer that you thought before you spoke on this subject any further.
Redfox, please relax. I'm laying an official caution on you as well. What you're engaged in is arguably a personal attack. I get that you're feeling annoyed - believe me, I am as well - but getting that heated isn't productive. Again, no trouble, no punishment, I'm just asking you to cool your jets a little.
I really don't want to have to issue warnings to anyone if I don't have to, so hopefully this will give you a chance to sort of catch your breath and maybe come at this a better way.

As an aside, though, I really don't want to hear any more about prejudice until or unless there is empirical proof. I definitely don't appreciate that being tossed around, baseless or not.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-26 04:58:11 (edited by Ethin 2018-11-26 05:00:32)

@65, just ROFL. Prejudice? Seriously? Do you have a mental disorder? Have you already forgotten that Nightshade was a female, and she was in the mod team? Please, grow the hell up!
@68, while it is true that in a heightened state of emotional distress (or emotion) people tend to be unproductive, sometimes, an angry response is the only way to get someone to actually pay attention to what you say. Sometimes, logic and calm facades don't work, and heated words must be exchanged. Its human nature, after all.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-26 05:00:16

Moderation:

Ethin, that goes for you too. You can consider this a caution. Please don't pour oil on the fire. You're in about the same boat as Redfox here.

2018-11-26 05:03:01

@70, Redfox and I have a right to be as angry as we've been towards Eliza Baez. Out of everyone who has posted in this topic (and other topics related to this one) she has been the most unproductive person, and her actions have been nothing but irrational and only serve to make her look stupid. Anger is sometimes the only way to get your point across, though if your going to be angry should be logical about it.

My Github

2018-11-26 14:42:47

Righteous anger can be healthy, even productive. I agree with you. But there comes a point when said righteous anger starts to veer into the territory of personal attacks.
Statements like "are you deaf as well as blind" and "grow the hell up" are good examples of this. So, for that matter, is "Do you have some sort of mental disorder?", particularly in the context of how it was asked.

Here's an example of righteous anger used semi-productively:
ElizaBaez, I'm getting mighty tired of this prejudice accusation. You've said it a whole bunch of times now, you've yet to provide any proof, and it's getting to a point where I can't take you seriously anymore. Perhaps if you show us some proof, someone will take you seriously. Till then, though, I wish you'd just freaking drop it, because from what I'm seeing, nobody really wants to deal with this fake pseudodrama you're creating.

That doesn't attack her directly. it attacks what she's doing. Note in there how I'm not asking if she's deaf as well as blind, I'm not asking if she's got a mental disorder, and I'm not telling her to grow the hell up, but I'm still being pretty condemnatory.

And at this point, if you can't tell the difference between righteous anger and flaming, that's not something I can help you with. My cautions stand, because while I agree that your annoyance or anger is justified, that does not give you or anyone else (self included, of course) free rein to flame or attack someone.

2018-11-26 18:18:39

@jade and ethin, I see both sides and I agree with jade, maybe I overreacted a bit but i hate people who just say stuff without any logical reasoning or proof, I'll try my best to stop getting angry but, maybe people should stop prevoking me roflflfl,

----------

2018-11-26 20:38:28

Redfox, I hear this a lot. "I'll be better, but people should stop provoking me". First of all, let me say that I'm glad you're owning the fact that you might have gone a little too far. That's a good first step, and as I said before, you're not in any trouble at this point. It's something I wanted to raise before it became a problem.
No matter how angry we become, we are always, always responsible for what we do. I'd like folks to remember that one. this goes for everyone, all the time. Yes, anger can make our judgment cloudy. Yes, sometimes people will get on our every last nerve and make clear-headedness all but impossible. I hear that, believe me, I do. But at the end of the day, if and when we choose to lash out, we are responsible for how we act. Legally speaking, provocation will sometimes change a sentence (assault to aggravated assault, murder to second-degree murder or manslaughter, etc.), but there usually has to be some sort of extenuating circumstance. In this instance, ElizaBaez came in here and made a generally inflammatory statement which wasn't directed at any one person. I think it's a little hard to accept that any one of us should've taken it so personally that we found ourselves utterly incapable of taking a step back. That's why my cautions stand. You'll note, too, I hope, that Eliza got one too. This prejudice business is something I'm prepared to take seriously if and when proof is provided, but which I want to be done with otherwise, and this has obviously come up before. You aren't the only two I'm picking on, as it were. Cautions all around. lol

2018-11-26 21:28:51

lol the "if they don't prevoke me thing was a joke but at least your making light of the situation instead of just saying, fuck yall your banned rofl!

----------