2018-11-09 12:09:47

hi. I have been really into recording sounds lately. this all started when I was just doing random stuff, and my friend asked me, hey, what's that you got there? It turns out, that, was my recorder. so I showed it to them and we recorded some random stuff, like birds and people talking. then I got really into it. since then I have made about 30 sounds, including doors, dogs, birds, playgrounds, people, walking and more. I may be putting this up on the web. all the files are in .wma. thats just the way my recorder works. but anyway, hopefully this will be up pretty soon. I'm gonna be just announcing the actual release of this on this topic, so yeah. keep a lookout!

2018-11-09 12:49:46

So it will be free?
Awesome! Look forward to hearing it.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-09 14:17:23

ooo, as long as the .mwa files are small enough and convertable, then hell yeah! what are you using to record?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-09 23:32:54

well i don't even know, i got it when I was 7 and I found out then and forgot. and it still works? interesting. its an olympus though.

2018-11-10 05:21:17

it's probably a wm something, a wm 320? I had one. The battery system was neat. You would press a button, the battery tray comes free, you take the batteries out of the tray, put new ones in, clip the tray back in place and you were ready to go again. I believe the tray also exposed the USB port but I'm probably wrong.
They had very neat sound mics albeit very clippy.
Could also be something in the ds line if it includes speech, which nothing in the wm line includes speech that I know of.

2018-11-10 07:03:38

well I still don't know. it is so small you can fit it in your pocket. and it doesn't have speech and have five recording folders. ps:
the sound lib is released! go to http://rorygames.jc-hosting.me/wbt sound lib

2018-11-10 07:05:31

whoops, http://rorygames.jc-hosting.me/wbt_sound_lib

2018-11-10 16:28:35

I quite like some of this. If only you had higher quality recording gear...
Not at all bad for someone recording with an olympus wm something from like 2007. Sure, there's quite a bit of handling noise, but that could be easily cleaned up in post. Some of the lighter clippage even could be repaired with clip reduction.
It's just the problems that wma produces. If this were mp3 this would be a hell of a lot more tolerable than the artifacts that .wma files produce, but once again, not at all bad for your first little collection here.
I think you get the basics of how sound recording works, down to a point. You'll learn as you go. It's a funny little hobby to get into, but it can get expensive if you aren't careful.
Good luck! smile