2018-10-31 17:18:46 (edited by r3dux 2018-10-31 17:25:26)

Hi all,

I'm currently looking back on research projects to write up my PhD exegesis, and I felt like playing some BlazBlue. So it made sense to try writing a new config just to make sure everything works as described.

I've currently found the main menu and the clock (which is all I've looked for so far), so I was wondering if having a more comprehensive config would be of interest to any of you?

If not that's fine and and I'll drop it. If so then I'm happy to put some more time in to flesh it out some more.

Just thought I'd test the waters here to see if it was something you'd be interested in having.

Best wishes,
Al

2018-10-31 17:42:03

hi,
first of all, congratulations to you for having such a great idea, indeed this is a great tool to have even if you play fighting games regularly.
regarding blazblue, i'm not really sure what could be the best idea.
personally, i think being able to read subtitles or choose selections in story mode would be fantastic. even if the games are in english (except centralfiction) there are some parts that are only writen, and being able to read those dialogues may help enjoy the story a bit more.
in centralfiction for example, you can read the subtitles with nvda's ocr, but you must input the command every time a new line appears…. and knowing blazblue story modes, this becomes very tedious…

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2018-10-31 18:19:24 (edited by r3dux 2018-10-31 18:29:15)

Thanks.

If every subtitle comes up at the same memory address then it can be thrown to your screen reader via a watch where the attached trigger uses "Changed" as it's firing criteria.

However, I didn't plan SoniFight to read strings of arbitrary length - I believe it's locked to 33 chars for comparison purposes. So to read a few sentences it would need to scan forward until it hits the null char (C-style) or the return/end-of-line char - and that would mean a coding modification. That's possible, but it would probably need a new data type added to the code, like "text-string" or something where I keep reading up to 512 chars but stop when I hit a known EOL (End of Line) char.

To be honest, I was thinking more about clock alerts (half-way, 10 seconds left) and guage alerts (I don't know BlazBlue guages as I'm not a regular player - I'd have to look them up and then figure out what numerical scale they use).

2018-10-31 18:41:46

Hi,
I think a config would be awesome. I don't know when I'll get to try it because I haven't done some STeam gaming for quite a while, but I'd love to try this with gauges and stuff.

2018-10-31 18:55:41

hello,  since you are back, i had a question, i just found the menu and etc values as you said, but i can't! in the hell find a pointer chain for it! everytime i compair there's no results! and when i use cheat engine's own guide and include it on sonyfight, it doesnt work. tried it both on pes 2015 and mkke, wanted to make pes2015 playable to my friends but yeah you know.

2018-10-31 19:08:25

For BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, the only watches I've found so far (because I started talking to you all) are:

The clock is at A55278 and is an integer in the range 99 down to 0.

The main menu currently selected option is at 114289C and is an integer in the range 0 to 13.

Usually there are multiple "hops" to the values, but both of these are just single offsets from the base address of the process. I've rebooted my machine and they continue to work.

I don't know about PES2015, sorry.

2018-11-01 14:23:13

Hi.
If you can make all menus accessible, then I'll buy it on Steam. That would be awesome...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-01 21:03:09

Hi there,
I would be interested in a config as well.
Thanks.

Game Man

2018-11-01 21:04:46

I'm not entirely sure what this is, but we definitely need more fighting games. I've been out of the loop with everything for quite a while so I don't remember hearing about this.

I'd be more than happy to pay if this will be in English, however.

Thank you so much.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2018-11-02 00:40:22

anything you could add would be amazing. do you guys have a list of game configs I could download? are there configs for Mortal Kombat XL? I play that game a lot,  and having all menus available and such would be cool. would be extremely useful for training menus, as it would make competitive play much easier, as we'd then be able to set cpu to do various things on wakeup and whatnot. Which games are available right now and are they included in the package?

2018-11-03 04:42:30

@musicman - There are currently good configs for Street Fighter 4 and Mortal Kombat 9 (both are the steam versions). There's also configs for Day of the Tentacle Remastered (steam) and Beneath a Steel Sky (Good Old Games version). The configs come with the release, the lastest version being: SoniFight v1.1.2

I haven't tested the Beneath a Steel Sky one very much, but the game is free if you wanted to give it a crack. There's a very basic config that provides some of the menus for DiveKick, but to be honest I wouldn't bother.

The only copy of Mortal Kombat X I have is on the PS4 while SoniFight can only work with PC games. Even if I had a copy though I may not be able to find pointer chains for it because some games specifically look for software like Cheat Engine and immediately close if they detect the process exists (Street Fighter 5 does this). To get around it I'd need to build cheat engine from source with it modified to use a different process name (while this isn't a big deal to get done it doesn't guarantee success, there may be further checks behind the scene apart from the process name for all I know).

@SLJ / Game Man / timberwolf1991 - Now that I know there's some interest in a BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend config I'll try to get the important parts of the menus / character selection and in-game bars and gauges done in the near future. It's all perfectly do-able, it's just a matter of setting aside a couple of hours to thrash it all out.

When completed I'll add the new config and push a new point release of SoniFight.

Cheers.

2018-11-08 12:29:11 (edited by r3dux 2018-11-08 13:14:07)

After putting the last 8 hours into the BlazBlue config it's definitely taking shape with at present 37 different watches (i.e. memory addresses we'll keep track of) and 241 triggers (i.e. criterias that once met will provide some kind of sonification event).

Here's a link to the work in progress if you want to give it a shot: BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend WIP Config. Make sure you have the latest Steam version of the game, which right-clicking on the BBCSE.exe and looking in the Details tab gives me a file version & product version of 1.0.0.1.

To run the config, just place the zip file in the bin/x86/Configs folder of your SoniFight v1.1.2 directory and extract it in place - it'll create a suitable folder with the config.xml file in it. Note: If you use 7z don't right-click and extract to the name of the zip file or it'll have a folder then another folder with the same name and then the config.xml, which is one level too far down! Then, as ever, kick off SoniFight, select the config and click the Run Selected Config button, then launch steam and the game. All sonification is via screenreader output, no samples.

If you want to know what's covered and what's not so far, details follow (it's a bit lengthy so unless you're going to try it out probably skip).

For in-game we have:
- Clock alerts on 50 and 10 seconds,
- P1 and P2 health alerts on roughly half health (5000 - player health values vary by character between 13K and 11K from what I've seen),
- P1 and P2 Barrier gauge alerts on full, half (both rising and falling, because the barrier guage gets used up when you block while holding A+B then it auto re-generates over time) and when the guage is empty, and
- P1 and P2 super gauge alerts on half and full (which is all the special moves ever require).

For the menus we have:
- All main menu options,
- All P1 and P2 characters as they're highlighted (which is via a virtual mouse pointer, so you may have to just move it around - as it passes over a char icon it'll say the name),
- Pause menu options for arcade, versus and score-attack mode,
- All options menu items,
- All options / gameplay submenu options inc. difficulty, rounds per match etc,
- All options / sound submenu options including live numerical values for background music, voice and sound effects (this is useful because the game is quite loud and can drown out the screen-reader feedback),
- All options / graphics submenu options (also useful so you can flip it into windowed mode without anti-aliasing and any graphical jazz if it's not needed),
- P1 keyboard 1 and controller 1 button mapping options.

What's missing but will get covered soon:
- P2 keyboard 2 and controller 2 button mapping option.
- Network settings submenu coverage (preferred side, region pref etc).

What I would like to add and will give it a shot soon:
- Story mode caption reading,
- Hopefully network mode menu coverage so you can start up player matches, ranked matches etc.

Some things that probably won't be added:
- Score Attack (don't care - it would be rubbish anyway, the scores are multiple millions or billions),
- Unlimitedmars (something about fighting hard AI, just crank the arcade difficulty),
- Training (I wouldn't know where to start),
- Challenge (This might be possible, perhaps - I'd have to look into it),
- Abyss ("Defeat waves of enemies"... well, again perhaps, if it just lets you play until you lose),
- Gallery (yeah, nah),
- Replay Theatre (nah).

Cheers!

2018-11-08 12:50:04

o just think of the fun if this was ever done with kotor not enough of an interest in the community at large  because of the trouble with navigation

2018-11-10 12:19:30

Anyone tried the config? Working? Not working?

2018-11-11 17:15:28

Hi.
Wow. Amazing job. I'll see if I can get this to work later today.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2018-11-11 20:45:33

Hi.
So, I managed to buy the game, install Steam and now I don't know how to install the game. When using the Steam app for IOS, I can see the game is not installed, but I don't find any ways to install it. I don't find any ways to install the game from the website as well. I don't know what to do.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-11-12 14:30:58

To install the game from Steam on Windows first launch Steam, then either:

- Left-click on the game in the list of owned games on the left and then click the install button which will be in the main tab, or
- Right-click on the game in the list of owned games and select the "Install game..." option which is the very first option in the pop-up menu that'll appear.

Once either of these actions are performed a window will pop up where you click Next followed by Finish for the game to install.

2018-11-12 16:18:49

Thanks a lot. But, the issue is that Steam is not accessible, at all. So I can't navigate the list of games I have bought. I thought there was a way to install games from the website or from the IOS app. I remember long time ago that I could install a game using the IOS app. But that seem to be messed up... sad
I think I'm forced to wait to I get sighted help. Steam is just blah... Sorry for complaining...

Best regards SLJ.

2018-11-13 19:44:33

Hi.
Finally, I got the game installed, and got the config to work as wel. Wow, this is simply amazing! Only difficulty is that my computer do not run the game very well, so I either have to live with that and get the best out of it as it is, or wait to I get a new computer, which I'll hopefully get in the near future.
I have only looked at it briefly, and here's what I have tried so far:
Sometimes I get an OK and Cancel dialog, where the text itself is not read. I have tried to do OCR in the game, which does not work at all.
I entered the arcade mode, got three menu items which I assumes is the difficulty level, but nothing was read there.
I entered the story mode, got lots of choices, but nothing was read as well.
I messed the game up so much on my Playstation, so I'm not able to play the game at all on that console. So in this way, I learned the hard way that you don't just choose random menu items...
I was able to adjust all the settings, which is an amazing experience.
If I can get my computer to play nicely, then I'l hook up my XBox controller, see if I can map the buttons, go through the tutorial which is fully spoken if I remember correctly, and see how much of it I'm able to play.
This is looking really amazing so far, knowing that everything is not read yet.

Best regards SLJ.

2018-11-14 00:50:20

@SLJ - Glad you got BlazBlue installed.

I've put together a YouTube video of what the config does, and it also includes some details on how to potentially speed up the game so it might run better on your machine (by turning off light bloom and anti-aliasing, and running in minimum resolution in a window). You can find the video here https://youtu.be/3Lno8gPrrwo.

There were a few glitches with the config that I've just fixed, these are:

- The "Return to main menu" option in the pause menu was not announced (this was the one leading you to the OK / Cancel prompts),
- There were some non-sensical On / Off sonification events which stemmed from the Display FPS On / Off memory being re-used. I've de-activated these triggers and made the "Display FPS" option now say "Display FPS is 0" for off and "Display FPS is 1" for on.
- Story mode in-game triggers (P1 half health etc) didn't work because in story mode the rounds have infinite time rather than a clock, so SoniFight never allowed the triggers to play. I've swapped these triggers to be of type "Any" rather than just "In-Game" which means it's possible you may get some non-sensical events in the menus, but without that there will be no useful triggers in story mode at all.

With regard to your post:

I entered the arcade mode, got three menu items.
I think this is just the select to play as player 1 or player 2. Simply push left then a button for P1 or right then a button for P2.

I entered the story mode, got lots of choices, but nothing was read as well.
Yup, I hadn't even tried story mode until about 5 minutes ago. Most of it is spoken, but I may be able to push the non-spoken text to screen reader. However, to do this the criteria would have to be "Changed", which means if the data at that memory address changes then it triggers it being spoken. Can you imagine the cacophony it would make if this memory is re-used for gameplay stuff in arcade mode etc? I'll look into it, but no promises it can be done properly.

I messed up the game so much on my Playstation
I assume you're talking about a PS3 version of this game you have (nothing to do with SoniFight). You could get sighted assistance to restore default options, or perhaps just delete any save data and it should generate a set of sane config options on startup.

If I can get my computer to play nicely, then I'l hook up my XBox controller, see if I can map the buttons
You don't need to do any mapping for an Xbox 360 joypad - it works just fine out of the box. An Xbox fight stick should be fine as well because it operates with the same signals just from a different type of physical controller.

Here's a link to the "WIP2" BlazBlue SoniFight config with the corrections above if you want to try it out:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfrtnhgsxqh29 … 9.zip?dl=0

Cheers!

2018-11-14 03:24:28

I've pushed a SoniFight v1.1.3 release, which you can find here if you're interested:
https://github.com/FedUni/SoniFight/releases/tag/v1.1.3

Change log:

• Added BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend (Steam version) config,

• Renamed config directories to match steam build IDs where appropriate,

• Updated Tolk libraries,

• Remembered to include the PointerChainTester apps in this release,

• Minor documentation updates,

• SoniFight attempts to inform user of running/stopped status via Tolk output if screen reader available rather than having user rely on window title text (but NVDA can override this with its own output when starting/stopping configs so it's not 100% reliable at present),

• Changed "Use Tolk" flag to true on new triggers as it's far more likely to be used than separate samples,

• Minor UI bug fixes.

Cheers.

2018-11-14 05:10:10

Ok, now I am intrigued.  What exactly does Sonifight do, and which games is it for?

2018-11-14 06:06:51 (edited by r3dux 2018-11-14 06:36:27)

@JLove - it provides sonification cues to video games on the Windows platform via user creatable / customisable config files. However, while in theory people can create configs, the process to do so is unfortunately a bit of a pig for visually impaired or non-sighted users.

Releases come with a user guide in PDF and HTML format, but you may prefer to just read the GitHub README.md to get a slightly expanded overview: https://github.com/FedUni/SoniFight/blo … /README.md

If you'd rather hear what it does than read about it then the original demonstration video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHvcVv_BdmE

And this is the link to the discussion of the recent BlazBlue config that I recorded this morning: https://youtu.be/3Lno8gPrrwo

2018-11-14 07:13:48

Which games will it work for in Windows?

2018-11-14 08:26:14

Read the README.md that I linked above or the documentation.