2018-11-09 17:46:30

Actively, AI will attack itself with some suicidal skills. For example, the explosives library in crazymod has an explosion skill, and AI is often used to commit suicide.
This needs to be avoided

Thumbs up

2018-11-09 23:43:09

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

Thumbs up

2018-11-10 01:17:43

But the previous version did not have this problem.
I tried the next 1.2a9, it is normal

SoundMUD wrote:

@拓海
About the problem with orders given too quickly, I think I could redo it, using a very slow speed (for example with the console command "s .001").

So, the problem is that if the simulation isn't fast enough, the menu isn't updated fast enough. So you have to press "next order" twice instead of once, to skip the first research order which is still in the menu. This is a problem because the sequence of keys that you are used to doesn't work in this case.

I'll try to solve this, but it's not easy because it might require for example to do another simulation of the game inside the UI thread.

Thumbs up

2018-11-11 13:36:14

Can try increase the number of attacks per unit
For example, there is a machine that can continuously shoot out the arrow. Each attack can shoot 3 arrows, then pause for 3 seconds and shoot 3 arrows again.
The number of times the unit can attack each time an attack is performed.

Thumbs up

2018-11-11 18:23:25

Hello,
I would love to try sound RTS once. I have downloaded the things but I haven't played it till now. I love these kinds of games where you command/build/control the mechanics in any way or other.

Best regards
Pranam
Go to my website from the below link! And don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

Yesterday 01:51:39

SoundRTS 1.2 continuous 8 is available.

The file is there: (Windows only)
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … indows.zip

Changes from 1.2 continuous 7:
- now events in the neighboring squares will be played (for example archers launching their attacks)
- bug fixed: some allies had some squares wrongly marked as "unknown"
- the AIs (easy or aggressive) will play during turns as spaced as possible (to avoid a slow turn every 10 turns)
- more optimizations (save CPU time)

For a Linux server this file might help:
http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/continuous … 1.2-c8.zip

Thumbs up

Yesterday 02:48:36

ok

Thumbs up

Yesterday 05:13:09

sound mud! i'm glad that finally an update was released to my favorit game! ok, now i have to report a bug. So for example, in sound rts 1.2a10rev1, it was so: you build a scout tower, and then you see the ajacent square. But now, you don't see it normally but it's in the fog of war but you can still see and hear through this fog of war what is your enemy doing. This is strange and i think it's a bug. btw, i like that game more than when i was 8 years old.

flawless victory!

Yesterday 07:12:02 (edited by SkyLord Yesterday 07:13:01)

@Sound MUD, ok bombarding you again. So, i have a suggestion. Make a prefference in style.txt, for example:
def jackass
is_a walking_unit
launch_attack bababab
attack_hit bobobob
attack_distsound ;name of the sound you'd hear in a naber square when this unit shoots.
That's it. Cause in our swamp mod it would be hilarious to see distshots from zombies. I had 10000 more suggestions, but i forgot them all. I'll post them as soon as i remember.

flawless victory!

Yesterday 13:44:02

problem found
The compiled team is often lost
Controlling the hotkey of the group is invalid after a period of time.

Thumbs up

Yesterday 14:34:31

yes, i have encountered this too.

flawless victory!

Yesterday 20:36:41

@SkyLord
1. Maybe it should say "partially in the fog of war", or it shouldn't say anything special, just like completely observed squares.
2. Why attack_distsound  would be different than launch_attack?

@拓海
Maybe it's because a unit can only belong to one group (they share the same speed). So when a unit is joined to a new group it will leave the previous group.

Thumbs up

Yesterday 20:51:41

@sound mud, not always, but you should give a possibility. As well as you should give a possibility to turn distsound off. As i mensiond, if there will be a zombie hord you shouldn't hear how they attack, cause they are not so loud. As well as you probably shouldn't hear death sounds in naber squares?

flawless victory!

Yesterday 22:34:28

In addition, when I watch the game playback, their names are displayed the same regardless of which perspective they switch to.

Thumbs up