2018-11-09 18:03:14

@25: At the same time though, I'd argue there are a lot of casual female gamers who don't see a need to say hey, I'm  a gamer and I'm a girl' types. There's a lot of reasons for this. That being said, yes, I agree females do get intimidation on games, but it is absolutely not a one way street at all. Women can, in some cases be just as vindictive and as intimidating as men for various reasons. Men can be just as intimidating to other men as well, and women can be just as intimidating to other women.

@1: Think before you post.
Don't go after a whole group and not expect resistance or people debunking your arguments....which have zero evidence you've presented at all. You've simply made a wild claim. Just like your history of wild claims, the highlight probably being threatening to report Microsoft for ADA violations.

I don't care if you're blac, white, Asian, Somali, Mexican, Russian, CHinese or whatever. I only care you're the best hire for a job. Does that hurt minorities? Yes and no. It hurts them in the sense that they miss out on a job. But it helps in the sense that companies can hire the best candidate for a position.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-11-09 19:25:20

Righto,

Well, first of all, I want to sort of lean away from the idea that women think with their emotions more than men/react emotionally and irrationally. I think everybody does this sometimes, regardless of gender. Unless someon  is willing to link me to some credible studies on this?
My counter-argument here is that men are responsible for most wars, have dominant roles in most religions, have dominant roles in most huge corporations, and that tells a pretty grim tale. also, I think most school shootings were perpetrated by males; most instances of cops shooting people of colour were males. A lot of abuse of power happens on account of men. Now, this doesn't mean all men are angry, impulsive jerks; perish the thought. But if you want to even think that a woman might be illogical, maybe take a look at men first. The problems are pretty deep, is all.

Gaming has been male-dominated for decades and I'm hoping we continue to move away from that. I'm glad you've never been harassed over your gender, Mirage, as that simply isn't okay.
Yes, some women do play vindictive games and whatnot. But again, not a gender issue. For every woman who might try and use her gender to get free stuff (or for every man who pretends to be a woman to get free stuff), there's also a man who'll objectify women or do other distasteful things like that. It's a very complex issue which simply can't be boiled down as neatly as the OP wants it to be.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-09 20:24:16

Right. Forr every man who does X, there's a woman who will do Y. I'd argue the whole male dominance is societal though and even evolutionarym think back to cavemen and women, societies. There may well be some truth to the 'weaker sex' argument for hunter-gatherers.  Afte all if you're not as physicaly strong to fight, say, a bison, you're going to struggle on that one. Maybe, just maybe that's where societal roles come from. THat being said, again. I'd argue male dominant whatever,reinforces male dominant centric things. However, for male dominant religions. Dianic religions in ancient Greece, or he modern variants thereof? Paganism worships both a male and a female God and Goddess, after all. Ancient Greece and ROme had pantheons of both genders and both genders were seen as seers, or oracles, or visionaries. Keep this in mind, the perspective we get, without doing research, is of a male dominated religion, whereas the accurately translated texts from said religion may paint a differeng picture.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-11-09 20:27:04 (edited by Ethin 2018-11-09 20:47:46)

@27, well written. I'd like to also point out that women do the exact things women accuse men of doing, i.e., using their gender and so on to get what they want (e.g. the #ME2 movement, which needs to die a horrible death considering its been hijacked so that women can make all men look bad, which is stereotypical discrimination). At least, the women involved in that movement. I get that the #ME2 movement had good intentions, but its gone way too far to be considered reasonable. I mean, OK, I get that it was (and problem is) necessary. But the fact that women can accuse a man of sexual harassment and get away with it without any evidence clearly shows how destructive the movement can be.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-09 20:56:51

So gonna try to attempt to steer this back on course. I still want to see this bias against women in the blind community.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-11-10 08:50:59

As a guy who is generally disposed towards gender equality, I must say that in this case you are not making much sense. I have never seen discriminating posts against women here, in fact I have seen more identity frawds than gender discriminating posts. *grin*

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.