2018-10-30 00:31:00

Hi,
@Ethin from what I'm hearing, it seems to be part of the php update but also, and this is just speculation on my part, possibly a stylesheet. It also seems we are no longer using PunBB, I am not entirely sure what PanBB is but it seems a bit different, and even in the admin console some stuff has been moved around.

2018-10-30 00:44:46

pan bb? Good god lol i was sort of used to pun bb but lol. I think if i focus on various programming languages, i actually jump in to more parts to make myself full of excitement and i just feel so cool

you can run, but you can't hide, i'll make sure of that.

2018-10-30 00:50:21 (edited by Ethin 2018-10-30 00:51:54)

@26, PanBB does not exist. The link entitled PanBB links directly to https://punbb.info. So yes, someone has been fucking with the themeing of the site, though I have no idea why. A PHP update does not cause this kind of behavior.
Update: it apparently does, though is in Russian. So I'm guessing that the site has either been compromised or Sendermen/ritchard is messing with things, though why he'd want to is beyond me since even the latest PunB works on PHP7.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-30 02:12:46

@ethin, pan bb is a sort of fork of punbb, if you will. You’ll find links to it all over the punbb forums.
Regarding the php upgrade, regular punbb will only work up to php7.0.2, since more hosting providers are starting to upgrade there servers there for it’s likely punbb could become completely unusable some time in the not so distant future.

2018-10-30 03:11:23

@29, what does PanBB offer that PunBB doesn't?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-10-30 03:46:45

From what i know there’s a lot more extensions available, not sure what else though, i haven’t really messed with it enough to know. From what i know it’s basically just punBB on steroids, i think it may even be being developed by some of the guys that helped make punBB. Also i guess there’s the fact it’s still being updated, which is a plus considering punBB has been more or less left in the dirt.

2018-10-30 05:59:40

@31 lol. Pretty interesting. I can't help lauhing at that. I do have this pun bb will be stopped completely and replaced with pan bb. Not sure though

you can run, but you can't hide, i'll make sure of that.

2018-10-30 18:19:52

I am wondering what extentions might be available because if there are any ones that might benefit this forum inparticular, they might be worth a look. As to what those extentions could be, who knows. Is there a warning system?

2018-10-30 21:00:42

Honestly, I can't say; that entire site seems oriented towards those who cannot speak English.

My Github

2018-10-31 01:38:30

Plus you would need ftp access to upload them, which i’m guessing you don’t have. So you would have to rely on richard or sander to do that for you. I’m not sure if the warning system extension exists in pan bb, but i remember seeing something related that was for an old ver of punBB.

2018-11-09 13:58:29

What can I do other than just laughing. I love how People get so upset about a little number character before the number of the post. It's just ridiculous! I just think it's sooo funny that this intire topic was created just because of that. So thank you, creater of this topic. I got a good laugh out of this.

2018-11-09 15:21:33

@36 it’s a lot more complex than that. Now, if scrolling through page headings using nvda(possibly with jaws too) you also here “permanent link to this post” before the poster’s name. It makes skimming through a topic or finding posts from one certain user a lot more time consuming than it has to be for screenreader users.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-11-09 16:02:17

I don't gett that. I get#number username:

#37 CConnor123 Today e.g. #37  14:21 heading level 3. No permanent link here over in Linux land.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

Jace's EA PGA Tour guide for blind golfers