2018-11-06 19:59:13

Few things here.

1. It could be that my thirteen-year history here on the forum has something to do with this. Yes, I dig into things and can be combative at times; I won't deny it. But I'm also usually  quite level-headed. Even the other day, when I spent several hours taking heat from people, I did not grow enraged and did not act out of malice or spite. I became heavy-handed because I frankly did not realize that the alternative would work better. That was my mistake, and I own it without reservation.
2. There are more mods than just me. If they didn't like something, they'd say so and we'd talk. If they vehemently wanted something done that I was opposed to, I'd get overruled. That's just how it goes. If I am doing things, it is because I'm being allowed to.
3. And why am I being allowed to? Ask the other mods/admins, maybe, but I can suggest a few reasons. First, I'm a strong communicator most of the time, even if my language can seem dense or overly professional at times. Second, I am virtually fearless, which means that I don't just cringe when someone raises their voice, metaphorically speaking. Third, I've been around the block a few times, and I'm saying a lot of stuff that the team agrees with. Fourth, I have this forum's betterment first and foremost in my mind, and I think most people can agree on that even if they also agree that my first attempt at getting things on the right track exploded spectacularly.

I recognize that this makes you uneasy, but I do believe this is a time for decisive action on behalf of the staff team. Owing to my personality, my skillset and my long-time presence here, I feel as if I may be uniquely qualified to partially spearhead this forward motion. I want to do it, and am grateful to have been permitted that chance, despite some of the difficulties I have caused.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2018-11-06 21:05:52

An example of Jayde having stuff discussed with us, was with Amine's warning. I had to post on a topic, I had to post to the mod list, and I then had to post in another topic, and, it got retracted. That warning was unreasonable in my book.

Thumbs up

2018-11-06 21:10:12

Well done praising yourself, Jayde.

Regards
Add me on skype
Follow me on twitter
Our blind community is unfairly treated, when it comes to games.

Thumbs up +1

2018-11-06 21:26:03

I give Jayde credit not so much for singing his praises. . We can all do that to ourselves, but also bringing up his faults. It's much more difficult to admit your weaknesses than your strengths.

2018-11-09 04:21:25

In short, no!

2018-11-11 18:44:05

Hello,
Well, I don't agree. Jade shouldn't be a moderator in any case. You haven't considered our decisions before making him a mod. I am not sure about if he is an active member and all that, but I don't think that he is an active member and that's why he can't be a mod. Everyone likes praising them whatever they did. I hope I'm not taken wrongly or new authority take some unwanted actions.

Best regards
Pranam
Go to my website from the below link! And don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-11 21:35:47

While I agree that Jayde loves praising, but he really was an active member as seemed.

Regards
Add me on skype
Follow me on twitter
Our blind community is unfairly treated, when it comes to games.

Thumbs up

2018-11-11 22:48:25

I'm pretty active. I've gone through periods where I went quiet for fairly long-ish stretches, but not, like, years or anything. I have nearly three thousand posts at last check, and while not all of my posts are huge, many of them are fairly involved. So I'd say I'm a fairly long-time member here.

It's quite true in that the forum itself wasn't consulted on whether I should or should not be a mod, but that's been true of most mods till recently, so I hope that isn't held against me.

And it's not so much that I was trying to praise myself, either. It's just that I believe that an honest recognition of your good points as well as your bad points matters. So I think it's okay for me to say that I'm a good communicator, but it's important to note that sometimes I can use a lot of big words that get in the way. Or it's okay to say that I'm relatively unbiased and won't pick on you or give you preferential treatment, but it's equally fair to say that I have been very heavy-handed at times.

Never judge a person solely on the fact that they have made mistakes. Instead, ask yourself how they have behaved in the wake of those mistakes. Not one of us is perfect, so we shouldn't be judged as if we can't ever screw up. The aim here isn't perfection; it's honesty and integrity, which means both being able to admit your error and being able to learn from it. Hopefully, those of you who had good reason to question my suitability have been given a bit more reason to, if nothing else, reserve judgment.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up