2018-11-04 14:08:31

Thanks.  I think losing my vision was a God Send, honestly, because  had I not lost my eyesight, I'd have  never reached out for help, where I met AZSlow on the Cakewalk forums.  With my demands, met with his ability to code, we produced SIBIAC.  It was originally intended for me to be able to continue working in the studio setup I was using after I had lost my vision.    And ow, I have a feeling this little tool is going to turn a lot of heads.  So far, it seems to have re-invented the wheel quite a bit, and what's more impressive is the concept is so simple yet was never accomplished until the time  we met.

It's almost like people wanted to force us into a corner where we could "never accomplish what we wanted to" because they didn't want us to, but here we are pushing forward in a direction that  will put us out there and hopefully one day, we will get the  recognition we, as blind musicians, deserve.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-05 10:02:14

I noticed the other day that native instruments had brought out there economy versions of the keyboards and labelled them complete control A
I was wondering if these are still accessible to us as they are a lot lot cheaper than that S range?

Yes it does have a few things missing from the more expensive version of the keyboard what that is to be expected due to the price and it all comes down to what you actually want to accomplish with the keyboard.

2018-11-06 11:26:03

Hello everyone.
I downloaded SIBIAC and the SIBIAC OCR. I installed SIBIAC first, then the OCR. I used NVDA and went to REAPER and added GTune.
The problem is, I can't get to the part where you press enter to audition the tuning.
Gerad didn't tell us how in the video. Are you supposed to object nav or something?

Regards
T-m

2018-11-06 14:55:35

It should work with tab in FX dialog. You should reach "checkbox" first. If you hear "enable checkbox", Sibiac is active. Otherwise something went wrong with the installation.
Tab from this checkbox should bring the plug-in in focus. Sometimes it is not recognized in time, close FX and open it again.

OSARA claims it should focus plug-in window with F6. But for some reason that does not work for me.

2018-11-06 15:15:55

sirpdex wrote:

I noticed the other day that native instruments had brought out there economy versions of the keyboards and labelled them complete control A
I was wondering if these are still accessible to us as they are a lot lot cheaper than that S range?

Yes it does have a few things missing from the more expensive version of the keyboard what that is to be expected due to the price and it all comes down to what you actually want to accomplish with the keyboard.

Unfortunately,  The A series Komplete Kontrol keyboards, (Mortal Kombat anyone?),  currently have no accessibility, however, this is apparently going to be implemented in November.  The primary differences is that they removed the touch strip and the large'ish display screens and maybe a couple of other things.  I am assuming the keys are probably also not going to be fully weighted, which I don't care for, but the fact they don't make an 88 key version annoys me.  I was excited when I read about accessibility, but disappointed when they didn't have the full 88, since I  want  88 keys.  IT's okay though, I still plan to get the S series eventually but right now, I need new hearing aids, lol, but maybe, just maybe Sweetwater will pull off a 48 month plan, which when they do I will do my bidding.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-06 21:48:37

@tmstuff000. As found by Juan, Sibiac is currently not working when plug-ins are running in a separate process. That is specially setting in REAPER.

2018-11-08 10:57:06

After doing some research on the economy lines of complete control I don’t think it is for me.
Hopefully native instruments or a store that carries their products we’ll have a decent black Friday sale that I can purchase a complete control S keyboard.

About native instruments software licenses the maximum number of devices that can be used is free.
So people can do what they like with that information Hmmmm

2018-11-08 23:46:48

As found by Juan, Sibiac is currently not working when plug-ins are running in a separate process.

yup, and that is why I had clarified this in the wiki, because it did really puzzle me at the beginning. Thank goodness we have a way to learn from our uh, ways of doing things and then making that info available to others.

hehe, and its probably the first time my first real name has been shared in here lol

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-09 00:03:08

Oh... sorry for mentioning the name. I have just realized that I also use nick in forums, while all e-mail addresses are bound to my real name  yikes

2018-11-09 06:22:32

Hi there, I seem to have a problem with SIVIAC working with reaper. I incer the plugin as an fx by pressing f, but it automatically bridges and opens itself in another window. I close it, but still i just cant make it work. Is something i am doing wrong? I had in my preferenses in the automatic bridging the one called in separate plugin process, but thinking i could solve that window auto opening, i decided to set it as default (automatic bridging). Still, no result. What can i do? Thanks in advance

After years, i finally changed my signature! But i don't know what to say :D

2018-11-09 10:47:20

@35, You need to set it to "only native" or something like that.

Beware: Sometimes, like in my case, you need to restart the computer in order to get SIBIAC to work. After that however, you can install whatever plugin that works with SIBIAC and it will work.
Example:
You install SIBIAC, then the OCR, and then Adictive Keys. You try it, and it doesn't work. Then you should try to reboot the computer and try again.
Then, some days later, you find a crack for Adictive Drums too, then you should not need to reboot your computer; it should work right away.
Someone should point this out on the wiki.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-09 11:47:25

@35. Separate plugin process can be but is not supported at the moment. Bridging can be detected by the separate window which you get. If there is no bridging, plug-in interface is inside FX chain dialog. With my latest OSARA mod, you can press F6 to get there. But Tab should also work, after "Enable" button.

@36. There is no need to restart computer. But restarting NVDA by exit and run again is sometimes required, which normal restart does not work.

Sibiac can not always recognize plug-in when its gui is opened for the first time during session, espacially on slower computer. At the time NVDA asks Sibiac to identify the window, there is simply no sufficient information about the plug-in. Just closing FX chain window and opening it again so far was working 100% for me.

2018-11-09 12:52:10

Ok.

2018-11-09 14:23:33 (edited by gamecreator 2018-11-09 14:40:39)

So, wich configuration should i have? I tried native and it sais that the plugin coul not be loaded. I just cant make it work lol. It doesnt work, nomatter if it is bridged or not, it just doesn't recognices it. Interestingly enough, and this might sound a bit off toppick, but it recognices the standalone plugins and melodine too, so i am missing something for shure

2018-11-09 22:53:15

@39 First check the Sibiac is recognizing REAPER. Open property of any audio item and tab to the fader-in type selection. If you just get "button" on the page and "item" in the list, Sibiac for some reason is not loaded. If you get meaningful curve types, Sibiac is loaded. As the second indication, when tabbing throw FX chain you should get "Enable check box", not just a "check box".

As next, you need to have GUI mode for plug-in and the plug-in should not be bridged. When plug-in is bridged, you have an extra window for it once you open FX chain. To test for generic UI, use object navigation in FX chain window. If you get something like parameters, you have generic UI. You can switch between generic and normal with UI button.

2018-11-11 08:45:29

hello, again. Well i think i'm missing something, but i just cant seem to make it work. i decided to restore my settings to the default ones, but still Gtune wans to bridge himself, opening up a separate window. The same goes with whatever plugin i choose. So, i do close the bridged window and press the UI button to chage the plugin interface back in the fX window, but still no luck. What can i do? Everithing works as espected, it reads the fading shapes and it reads enabled instead of the button, But still, it seems i'm doing something wrong because everithing works except g tune and addictive drums. I haven't tested absinth and the other supported plugs, but i believe there's something i'm missing.

2018-11-11 11:40:36 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2018-11-11 11:43:34)

when you are going to insert an effect, press the applications key before pressing enter on the plug-in and go to the run as sub menu. Make sure that "native only" is checked and also "Embed bridged UI (may not work with all plugins, less crash-resilient)" is also checked. Reaper apparently saves the state for each vst you  load. Go to the compatibility section of the plug ins and under VST bridging/firewalling: combo box choose Only native (disable bridging)
did this solve anything?  is your resolution set as high as it can go? have you maximized everything and have you also told windows to auto hide the taskbar?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-11 13:25:31

Hi again, unfortunately no. I get the following message FX: Track 1  dialog  The following effect plug-in could not be loaded:
VST: GTune (x86) (GVST)
(effect configuration is preserved). That is if i choose native only in the preferenses. Lol this is weird i must admit, and shure the resolution is as far as it goes (but i am running windows 8.1, don't know if it actually has something to do. Also didn't had the taskbar to automatically hide itself, going to try that as well. Thank you very much.

2018-11-11 16:08:28

I guess the reason is in "x86" part. You should match REAPER and plug-in bit depth, so 64bit plug-in in REAPER 64bit or 32bit plug-in (x86) in REAPER 32bit.

2018-11-11 19:02:51

Well, for the same reason i have both versions. of course the 64 bit version is installed and the x86 is a portable install. Still no luck, gonna try though using the 64 bit versions of those plugs. Perhaps that could be the missing thing big_smile

2018-11-11 19:18:52

Dont know if i should edit the whole post but just to notiffy everyone, i finally made it to work! Thank you guys for everithing

2018-11-11 20:10:00

I am glad you can finally use it smile