2018-11-07 17:41:34

Hi all,
To pang means to experience a sharp emotion, and that just happened to me as a fellow mod.
In the restrictions topic, someone posted about Sebby being offline. Realizing what was going on, and maybe due to him stepping down, I checked underneath Sebby's name.
He really has.
He's become a member, with the rank Audio Quaker. This means he can't unrestrict members anymore, and nor can Dark.
When I realized this I was genuinely shocked, actually moreso than Dark stepping down, probably because I knew that Sebby had an admin role. That leaves me and Arqmeister with the power of admins, to unrestrict, and I think that's it. It's making me realize our losses. This is emotionally hurting me and making me tearful.
Now... is it just me, or was Sebby one of the developers of audio quake? Now that was a fun time.

2018-11-07 18:29:07

i don't get it why was sebby always online? didn't he sleep? he was a good admin.

hey what about making the, oh forget it i might get a warning big_smile

2018-11-07 18:41:38

Technically, to pang is not a verb in English. A pang is a noun, an intense feeling or spike of feeling. A pang of sadness, regret, loneliness, etc. Just my two cents' worth. I don't have a whole lot else to say.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-07 18:43:24

Correct.

noun
a sudden sharp pain or painful emotion.
"Lindsey experienced a sharp pang of guilt"

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2018-11-07 19:19:15

Aaron, yes it is sad to see so much change so quickly, and a lot of it for negative reasons. It makes me sad as well.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-11-07 19:53:34

@alireza i suppose he kept his comp open in the audiogames.net tab constantly, or had some kind of vps or similar logged in which would effectively do that for him. I guess i feel kind of unwelcome in this topic. I really haven’t been here all that long as compared to most of you, but i always liked sebby as a moderator. The things that shocked me most about his leaving were A, his sudden offline status which gave me a pretty big shock when i first saw it, and B, the fact he didn’t even give a good bye but just left...
Pretty much all i have to say on the matter.

2018-11-07 20:08:42

@3 AND 4 LOOOOL, Aaron litterally said he was tearing up cause he left and your correcting his english....

nice job!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-07 20:20:48

@robomastr42

He made a post when he stepped down. You can find it here.

If a helicopter falls in the field and no one's around, it doesn't make a sound.

2018-11-07 21:24:50

I found posts 3 and 4 to be both useful and amusing, so thank you. Truth is, I like every post in this topic so far, you guys are making me laugh and are giving me food for thought in equal measure.

2018-11-08 00:21:05 (edited by robomastr42 2018-11-08 00:21:48)

@8, ah thanks for that, guess i missed it.

2018-11-08 05:44:52

@7, that's the cruelty of the world.

2018-11-08 16:22:06

Aww.

I'm not gone for good, just absent. Or, as I prefer to think of it, happily free of obligations. It's voluntary work, after all, and I think it's time for me to be served again. Why do work that distracts you from the thing the work is supposed to support you in doing? No really, don't be sad, it's better this way. Maybe when things change for the better again, and there's every hope of that, I'll be able to volunteer again ... just not now, and not for the foreseeable future, is all. I need a break, and time for other life things, and games!

As for the sudden offline status, yes, one of my VPSs had among other duties the task of regularly looking for unread reports. It used my credentials for this and thus it always seemed I was online. Of course that could not work once I had demoted myself to member. Well, to be sure, I have nothing against people thinking I am an absolutely amazing, sleepless admin ready for action at any moment. big_smile

Just myself, as usual.

2018-11-08 16:48:44

sleep, i never sleep! i will never sleep untill every last one of you, is gong! 
this is a conversation between sebby and a spambot

2018-11-11 08:21:44

Man. So many changes in so little time.

I admit, I've been a member here for 12 years but I really haven't followed the politics. However I clearly remember when audio quake was relatively new.

Man how time flies. Let this be a lesson to anyone - hold onto friends while you have em, tell them that they're loved (maybe not in quite that terminology, but you get my drift). There is far too much depression in the world and we all need to stick together. Communication is very much key in this world any more. Even if all you say is hey how are things going that can mean the world to a person.

Sorry. This post really got me going all thinking out loud. And berating myself for not following my own advice.

@Aaron I wish you the best of luck. This can't be easy. *big hugs*

Something something something insert canine related comment here