2018-11-01 17:31:35

MODERATION:

@tmstuff000 remember, you're on your last warning before you get a ban.  You are free to hold your opinion about cracking games, but not, on this forum, to distribute or discuss them.

@redfox: don't personally attack other members of the forum. You can express your strong opinion without attacking them.

This is your first warning. Please don't let it happen again.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-11-01 17:45:17

understood, cracking just gets under my skin

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
Contact information:email: [email protected]
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

Thumbs up

2018-11-01 17:57:34

May I point out one simple fact?
You guys can sit here and debate the morality of this all you like. I the end, this is Connor’s project. His idea. So he can move forward as he chooses. Nothing you say can necessarily stop him from doing it. That said, when he inevitably does put it up, I hope beyond hope that people give it a chance and don’t just sit and spam it because they can. That saddens me deeply that that’s such a believable probability.

Excelsior!

Thumbs up

2018-11-01 18:06:19

I searched twitter for audiogames, scrolled for about 30 seconds and found someone tweeting about this very forum. apparently, it consists of 99% trump supporters. It is also apparently a shithole because of afore mentioned trump supporters and this person actively avoids it because of this. They probably wouldn't piss on it if it were on fire also.

Perhaps another form wouldn't hurt then? Though given the ratio of everyday posts to trump posts on here, this person is going to be as disappointed as all hell.

It's also entirely possible that I'm reading the wrong audiogames.net forum and their is  a version out there where the frontpage is filled with threads with titles like 101 ways to grab em by the pussy and 99 different ways to sniff on camera.

As for fragmentation: This really doesn't seem like a huge deal. The blind community in general is fragmented as all hell. Everyone and  their mom has some kind of radio show, podcast, tech blog or blog in general and they all do fine. When you grow as a producer of content also, you'd find yourself having to reach out to farther flung corners of the interwebs any way.

People already don't come here for their own personal reasons and at the end of the day everyone should have a platform that their voices can be heard on, regardless of beliefs.

All the seats are taken in the house that makes the rules.
All the seats are taken in the parliament of fools.

Thumbs up

2018-11-01 18:20:07

@54, people can try and build such a place, but no matter what you do beliefs will still get in the way.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

2018-11-01 18:46:37

yep... Even supposedly neutral platforms have bent over and gave into pressures/their own beliefs and consequently screwed themselves.

All the seats are taken in the house that makes the rules.
All the seats are taken in the parliament of fools.

Thumbs up

2018-11-01 21:23:03

If it were any other time I'd be asking why. Now, I'm almost relieved to hear the idea suggested. Sure, this forum has a certain ethical code, and people won't like it, and that's fine, but they will keep pushing and pushing and pushing to have that code changed until it does, and there will be resistance and discontent in the land. That's obviously completely suboptimal. Another forum that suits their vibe better might very well be exactly what they--and we--need. Go for it. Everyone lives happily ever after in the community they feel most comfortable with, and occasionally checks out the other guys to see how they're going. Awesome. I think it's completely absurd to think everybody will be uniquely suited to a single community just because it's worked in the past, and I just don't see why multiple communities are a problem if they are clearly intended to serve different audiences.  Arguments for unity don't work when there is no compromise position, and I don't believe seriously that a vision or belief system about how a community should be run will ever be completely out of the picture.

As a side note, bear in mind that the audyssey list, while quiet, is still running. There's always that community for those who simply need a break from this one.

Just myself, as usual.

2018-11-01 21:29:59

@57, true, but if we were to do something like that, we'd need forums for every possible belief system, which just isn't possible (not for a community as small as this one is, anyway). There are already communities just for that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.

Thumbs up

2018-11-02 14:15:25 (edited by sound_scriber 2018-11-02 23:33:22)

Hi folks,
Here's a brief update on our progress. We've had a few setbacks with web hosting, but are now back on track. We plan to run the forum on FluxBB, a more up-to-date successor to PunBB. As always, if you feel you would like to contribute to the project, please send in your applications via the methods described in Post 1.
A few points to take care of:

tmstuff000 wrote:

Will this new site allow cracks? If not, there's no reason to change.

Cracks will not be allowed in any shape or form whatsoever. You are more than welcome to join the forum, however if you post about cracks or use our network to distribute them you will face harsh consequences.

aaron wrote:

If this new forum is created would I, for instance, still be able to join, even though I am moderator of the audiogames.net forum so we could at least partake in the discussions (not as mods of the new forum, but as members, to see what's what)?

That isn't a problem; once we make our website public, you may go ahead and register. Your moderator status on audiogames.net won't affect anything.
As always, keep the discussion going. I've sincerely enjoyed reading your opinions on our new forum project.
Regards,
Connor

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it

Thumbs up +1

2018-11-02 15:03:58

I don't know if you stated this already, but where do we sign up? I didn't see a link anywhere. Is it not possible yet. The reason I'm asking is because you said go ahead and register.

If anyone wants to add me on Skype, it's garrett.brown2014.

Thumbs up

2018-11-02 23:31:53 (edited by sound_scriber 2018-11-02 23:34:55)

shotgunshell wrote:

I don't know if you stated this already, but where do we sign up? I didn't see a link anywhere. Is it not possible yet. The reason I'm asking is because you said go ahead and register.

Sorry, forum registration is currently disabled; the only accounts that exist are those of myself and my fellow moderators as we tinker with FluxBB. I've updated my previous post to correct my wording error.

Buy it, use it, break it, fix it
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it

Thumbs up

2018-11-03 02:07:59

um we want more audio games, not a new forum that will pretty much do the same thing ag does....makes no sense man.....what will you be doing that is so mind blowing different than agn? this I really want to know

Thumbs up

2018-11-03 02:23:30

I still don't get why it has to be so different, though. Going back to my mailing list example, there are quite a few groups which are still successful, although they've migrated to Groups.io these days. There are two pretty well-known general tech groups which, for all intents and purposes, do the exact same thing. You can ask questions about computers, screen readers, phones, and even so-called low tech things, like the best way to accessibly label a stove, just as an example. The only difference is that the owner of one is, well, a bit odd, and has alienated some people over the years, and the other pretty much runs itself unless someone does something heinous. Even if both approaches were equally well-liked, though, both would be successful, even though many of the same people are on both lists. Why, you ask? Because, sometimes it's good to have different sources of information. Just because the almighty Google has pretty much invaded everyone's consciousness nowadays doesn't mean that there aren't equally worthy search engines out there, and no one would argue for their closure, right? So what possesses people to crap on a project which may or may not have a questionable origin story, yet is just another resource? I truly don't understand that logic.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-11-03 13:29:57

conner, i've sent you a pm with a question, let me know if I Missed anything I was supposed to tell you?

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

Thumbs up

2018-11-05 17:03:40

@50, So cracks wont be allowed? Ok I'm staying on audiogames.net. There are far more people here anyway.

And don't be so rude to me or I'll have to report you.

Regards
T-m

Thumbs up

2018-11-05 18:20:23

@65 you don't need to report me cause i allready got warned roflroflrofl, and you also got warned for talking about cracks, so you should shut up while you still have the chanse. I probably should too lol

Thumbs up

2018-11-05 19:12:00

@65, you do know that reporting people is pretty much a cry of wolf, right?

Thumbs up +3

2018-11-05 19:57:47

Ethin gets a thumbs up here, although to be fair both posters seemed to just sort of cool off pretty quickly here.

Thumbs up

2018-11-06 20:26:53 (edited by BryanP 2018-11-07 17:57:22)

I don't really see the need for another forum, but at the same time I'm not going to slam the creator. I'm glad he's not planning on allowing cracks. And thanks to Liam for pointing out that little typo LOL. After all, cracks do nothing to help our developers.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thumbs up

2018-11-06 21:27:37 (edited by Liam 2018-11-06 21:28:58)

BryanP wrote:

I don't really see the need for another forum, but at the same time I'm not going to slam the creator. I'm glad he's planning on allowing cracks.

I think you meant to say that he's not allowing them. One word can make all the difference.

2018-11-07 17:56:08

LOL yeah that's what I meant to say. Fixing...

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Thumbs up +1

2018-11-07 21:07:36

To be honest, I havn't seen anyone leave either.
Also I'd hardly trust blinkwizzard/ivan.
Lets see, driving mason away from the forum, all those ultrapower clones, all the drama, really.
However, The idea of another forum, is interesting.
Fact is quite simple, ag.net is fine when its up.
But there is no mirror for ag.net or its forum, if and when it does go down, well its 1 site only.
I am not saying make another forum but maybe a backup of the site or the forum should be created somehow, that forum wouldn't ever be  as updated as this one, or maybe it could.
It could be something to use if and when things drop out for unknown reasons, etc.
Right now while it doesn't happen to frequently, when ag.net goes offline, since its the main database for everything, if it goes down for to long we have a problem.
If not the entire ag.net I'd like a mirror of the forum so even if the site shuts down we still have the forum.

Thumbs up