2018-10-06 14:46:42

hi, i have a few ideas.
1. User can create custom battle cards, types, arenas and enemies and save this to txt file.
2. User can create a custom soundpacks!

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-10-06 23:53:01 (edited by musicjunky 2018-10-07 00:05:56)

Good news! I finally got rid of McAfee! I had to download a demo version of JAWS to do it, but still I ditched McAfee, which I believe was the main culprit, and am now using Windows Defender. I downloaded Crazy Party again, and just to be safe added the exe file as an exclusion. I overwrote the relevant files with the saved ones I had, and now all my data, unlocked minigames and all other such things are back, and I can play again! smile

2018-10-07 13:40:21

You must add a game folder in to your anti virus list of safe programs

ice, fire, water, thunder.

2018-10-19 20:06:39

Does anyone know why the public server is down?

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-10-19 21:56:59

now I cannot download this games do you have link?

2018-10-20 00:34:45

general server of crazy party is down. we must wait. You can play using private servers

2018-10-21 16:35:40

just for your info playing crazy party beta 61 and in the plain world when you play the game bulls enclosure; game is BS cause its almost impossible to make it north cause most of the time mooo' ,moo'oooo thump youdie. if there is a trick to getting by the bulls every time i'd love to know

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2018-10-21 19:29:22

I have a suggestion about the intellectual world. I think it would be cool if there could be another path added with word games rather than math games, that way everyone is happy. If you're great at math, you can take the math path, if your strength is more with words, you can take the word path. I do think they could converge at one point so that everyone has to do a couple of each type, but for the most part, it would make that world a bit less frustrating.

Also, in my personal opinion, the slide puzzle belongs in the intellectual as well. It's kind of odd for there to be a slide puzzle out in the middle of a desert, mixed in with all those action games. You could put a game in there that's just as hard, if you wanted to not compromise the difficulty of the world in general, but it makes sense to me. What does everyone else think?

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-23 05:05:47

I think that's a great idea to have a word games path! Hang Man Anagrams among others would be fun to play! Maybe a even harder braille test game. I also think a Jungle World would be really cool! Games with elephants, monkeys, lions, bananas and all sorts of cool stuff like that! Maybe even a Pirate Ship world just some thoughts! I love this game and I'm hooked!

2018-10-23 22:07:30

yeees maybe word world xD or office world. With word games

2018-10-23 23:02:21

Office world is actually not a bad idea either, you could have a game similar to working waiter where you had to deliver coffee to different cubicles, and the longer you take the colder the coffee gets, so you would lose points. You could also have some sort of photocopying game, where you need to make exact copies of a page based on its sound. I haven't really thought through how that would work, but I bet it could be done. or how about a disgruntled employee game, where you decide you've had enough complaining for one day, and you've got to run through the entire office building in a set amount of time, and not get grabbed. It would work similarly to papirazi's madness in that getting stopped by a customer causes you to lose points.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-24 01:28:36

some stuff I'd like to see in the way of worlds.

Viking world
pirate world
space world
mythic world (all sorts of greek, roman, and other mythology-themed games)
meteorological world: all games are weather themed.
arctic fissure: games involve both fire and ice.
The light: most games involve light or heavenly scenes.
western: wild west stages
battlefield: army and military games
toy: in a world of giant toys and games would be themed on classic nostalgic toys.
library: perhaps a setting for word games.
school: based on school
university: college-themed games.
stadium: all sports-themed games.
Olympics: harder version of sports games level.
slums: darker version of city.
ghost town:
treasure world:
village
swamp
prison
moon
UFO
Space Station.
laboratory
mansion
temple
Aztec

that's pretty much all I have for now. I like all the modes of play but would much rather see more minigame levels and board game maps. especially the second. All they really do is add cards to the battle mode and it is getting older and less interesting in terms of how excited I get at updates.

2018-10-24 04:23:05

That's quite a list, and I agree with about 80% of those suggestions. I also agree that I would much rather see world expansion over battle expansion, I mean, I like battle mode and all, but once you've beaten it several times over, it loses its appeal. I would absolutely love to see more worlds being added.

2018-11-03 07:18:15

pates wrote:

You must add a game folder in to your anti virus list of safe programs

I have done this now. Since multiple games were being flagged, I created a Games folder and put all the games in there that didn't get installed in Program Files or Program Files x86. Then I just told the software to exclude the whole Games folder.

Now in Crazy Party, I'm completely at a loss on the sticks game in the Circus world. I've heard some ideas on how to win that game, but none of them have worked for me.

2018-11-03 08:49:33

@Thumbs up there bookrage, I would love to see the board games expanded with more squares and boards as I've said, and more worlds are always welcome. I've actually been thinking for quite some time there should be a space world or pirate world, though imho it'd be more fun to have a monster world, or a demon world rather than a specific mythological world.

@musicjunky, the sticks game is simple provided you know the formula.

The basic rule in the sticks game, is the last player to take one stick left loses.
So if there is one stick left, the first player will take it and lose.

If there are 2-4 sticks left, Ie one plus the number of sticks its possible to take, the second player will always lose, since the first player will take 1-3 sticks, leaving the second player with just the one stick.

If there are five sticks however, , the first player will take 1-3 sticks, leaving the second player with 2-4 sticks, the second player will then take enough sticks to reduce the pile to one and present the first player with just the one stick so the first player will lose.

So, effectively, if there are four sticks plus another, the second player will always win.

As you always go second in crazy party therefore, the idea is always to make  number of sticks equal to a multiple of four plus one, five, nine, seventeen etc.
if you do this you can guarantee to always win.

hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-07 01:00:04

I wonder if someone can explain a good strategy for playing colored buttons? I unlocked it the first time I played it, I couldn't say how I did, and now it haunts me in online games, lol. I haven't been able to understand it since.

2018-11-07 07:00:21

I believe there was a post earlier in this topic with a fairly good strategy for the game, but I admit I don't have anything definitive,I just try to get to one end, since the buttons at the end you can  and get to change then work to the other end, it sometimes works it sometimes doesn't.

Well Beta 61 iis out and here is the changelog. While there aren't any majorly astounding changes (no love for the board games unfortunately), I do approve to the changes in some of the minigames, especially that bloody annoying one with the due and the butterflies:

beta61

New battle cards.
Now, there are not critical fails with a critical fail level of 0 or less.
The bonus and the malus of succeeding that follow the number of cards in the main are now removed.
Modified cards: floral armor, undulation of the void, undulating explosion, sliding kick, petrified jaw, pus surge, cephalalgia, muscle cramp, boiling, wrap ray, ice shock, chance of the thief, all the elixirs.
One new mini-game in the castle, you can now access to the city world without a score of 20.
Some mini-games are fixed: the bicycle game, the frisbees of peace, the paparazzis game, the dice game and the dew game.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-07 08:42:06 (edited by Dark 2018-11-07 08:43:31)

Okay, on the one hand I found the new minigame. in the castle If anyone is wondering to find it you need to go to the right after the watering flowers game, up will take you to the new game and a route that leeds to the city, down will take you to the butterfly tree game and a route that Leeds to the beach. Its not a difficult, one, I unlocked it first go, but the instructions are a wee bit brief.

I am however noticing a really weird bug, some of the castle games are ending with time still left on the clock before I hit twenty points.
For instance washing windows finished at fourteen points, and the princess's aquarium finished at eighteen points when I hit the last snail which meant I didn't get a safety deposit box.

The princesses kittens also finished at 17 points, though whether that was because the kittens were just feeling peculiarly peaceful and thus not needing as much stroking I don't know.
either way, this was quite annoying since it meant I was missing out on chances to get gems.

2018-11-10 06:18:37

I had a thought. What if you were able to choose your persona and make it evil. Instead of cleaning the windows you paint it with mud or throw mud pies at it. Instead of picking weeds you pick the flowers. The gifts the princess wants you to deliver you smash them. You catch fish and eat them in front of the hungry pengwins. I could go on but I think you get the idea. For a lot of the games it would be a simple enough switch.

2018-11-10 07:25:30 (edited by Dark 2018-11-10 07:26:20)

Its an interesting idea, but the problem I see is that there are a lot of games where you simply just couldn't make the switch easily, or where making the switch wouldn't have a huge affect upon the gameplay.
for example, lets say you changed the butterflies tree game to make you have to swat the butterflies and kill them rather than catch them with a net.

Other than changing the sound when you swing and hit, this wouldn't actually change the game in and  itself, you'd still be climbing around the trees hunting butterflies  wailing away, it would just be a change of sound.
Same with the penguins game you mention.

Then of course, there are lots of games where either you wouldn't necessarily engage on them if you were an evil person (its hard for example to think of an evil person volunteering to help the castle lumberjack or find flowers for someone's sick grandma), and then of course there are lots of games which are just about shear survival which would be neutral either way.

What I do think would be nice though, would be an evil world, in which all of the games could revolve around doing variously scummy things.
Some of them could be variants on existing games, for example maybe you have to run away from the duck with your umbrella to try and get it as wet as possible, or climb the castle scaffolding with your hammer smashing windows whilst avoiding the guards the princess sends after you.

other games could be completely new, EG how about a pick pockets game where you had to walk around on a top down map, getting close to people to pick there pockets, but having to leave their vicinity fairly quickly otherwise the police would come and chase you around.

Or maybe a hunting style minigame where you had to line up and shoot various cutesy creatures in a limited time.

Or perhaps a lock pick type puzzle game trying to break into a bank and steal the money before the cops get you.

I do like the suggestion of having a few evil versions of main minigames, but I think I'd personally rather see them used to make a new world and new content rather than  just mildly tweaking the content we already have.

2018-11-10 12:38:50

I've played games where there were off-versions of main games as evil or altered games but they were used, as Dark said, for new content. In the Warioware games, especially the Gamecube Warioware Megaparty game (which is also the source of most of the music for the intellectual world math games.) you played levels with Wario twice. The second time you came across him most of his games were parodies of things you did earlier and harken back to other levels you'd already played.

If we had those in crazyparty, I'd like an evil/parody world, and to an extent, we already have them in some cases. Some games are just tweaked, and in flavor sometimes eerily tweaked versions of other games in terms of how they work.

2018-11-10 20:25:25

it would be cool if there was new cards in next version that corresponded to the symbol cards you can get now. how does the symbol cards work or they groundwork for upcomming stuff?

joseph weakland, the crazy party fan:P

2018-11-10 22:10:38

AOE cards would be great as well.
How is it you target your ally? Wasn’t there a way to do that?

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-11-10 22:37:30

To target your ally, you hold shift while pressing enter, however don't release it before you press enter and also make sure you use left shift. About simbols, there are 2 things you can do with them to attack: 1. Use deadly simbol which is a dark card, however you must combine it with a card  called transfer simbol which is fairy. Both are level 30, so in a best deck you'd still need about 30 turns for that to start working, and it is most effective if you play battles above 1000 HP. Second way is to use a different attack which does not need your opponent to have simbols. That is either smash simbol, a rock card or a fire card, currently forgot the English name since I do not play CP in English, but you should be able to find it easily. Main use for simbols is however to get levels of other types easier. They are very strong, however also have consequences and are not so ideal for low HP rounds.

2018-11-11 16:14:47

Hi. I just started playing crazy party and it is quite amazing. I’ve managed to beat the valley so far and almost beat the castle. I get stuck on the castle wall. AnY tips? My best score on it was negative 4

Regards,
Ty
If you like this post, why not thumb it up?