2018-11-02 21:07:35

So, this is a MUX I'm on, and by accident found out somebody else from here is on...

I'll just leave the ad here, Credit to Kestrel Wraith on the MUX for pointing me to it after i asked. Also the ad's in ANSI formatting, sooooo

%r[wrap(["We know a little about a lot of things%; just enough to make us dangerous."%r%rShakespeare famously wrote%, through the mouth of Hamlet%, that there are more things in Heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in man's philosophy%, of things that defy human
understanding. Call them paranormal%, supernatural...%r%r"There's power in the night. There's terror in the darkness. Despite all our accumulated history%, learning%, and experience%, we remember... when darkness itself was enough to make us cry out in fear..."%r%rFor a
while%, it seemed that most of these things slept%, the darkness lurking down dark alleys%, in forgotten ruins%, in ancient%, musty tomes.%r%rMaybe the occasional apocalypse%, on a Tuesday.%r%r"Try not to forget we hit the reset button on a supernatural beacon...%rThere'
s a pretty good chance things are never going back to normal."%r%rVampires%, werewolves%, immortals%, ghosts%, fairies%, witches...%rNewly awakened or ancient%, the monsters come out to play.%r%r"...Bored%, now."%r%rBut some of them aren't monsters. Some of them just
might be heroes.%rAs long as they don't eat us first.%r%r"Don't be a hater%, dear."%r%r[ansi(hy,At the Crossroads)] is a Multi-User eXperience, a text-based role-playing game run via telnet. The game's theme is non-WoD urban fantasy, set primarily in northern California.
We welcome both original and feature characters, drawing on sources such as Buffy: The Vampire Slayer, Charmed, The Dresden Files, Highlander, Supernatural, and Teen Wolf.%r%r[ansi(hc,atcmux.wikia.com / host mythara.com / port 9900)]],78,center)]%r

Things to know:

1. Do +room simple. THis is a lifesaver. I spent a few hours talking about wanting the MUX more screenreader friendly until I learned +room simple

2. Read. The. Wikia. Seriously. Seriously, you WILL need it

3. There's a waiting period before your character app gets reviewed. In the meantime, hang out, do non canon RP in the test area and ask the staff if you got questions.

3. Don't be afraid to ask questions as a guest.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-11-04 15:03:49

I'm just going to post this to point out.....that....the staff are extremely willing and open to improving things. I've been discussing with the staff about improving things and they're definitely open to feedback. I've suggested fixes and they've been implemented within 6 hours. Admittedly the fix I said needed its own fix but that was a quick one. So, folks, come check it out. THe staf are friendly and good to talk too and the players are friendly too. Don't worry, you don't ned to do to 500000 word backgrounds, and you can test your characters before you commit to one. So, again, come check it out, you may just like it.

Also on Linux natively

2018-11-06 12:55:07

And one more update. Been testing things over there and having a fun old time. THere's something amusingly funny about serenading an avacado (no, don't ask....there was a reason). Anyhow my point in posst #1 is now moot as there's now an easier way to do things. So. Again, come check it out...even if all you do is hang out in the nexus and chat with people while not sure what to do. Hey, it worked for me and I'm enjoying it.

Also on Linux natively

2018-11-20 17:34:13

Just gonna do another update to say I've been spearheading the accessibility over there after discussing with several players.

So far, there's ben a lot of work in general on the game, and it's got a quick turnaround time. The playerbase do not care if you're blind, sighted or whatever, they care bout having fun.

For example, take a quick read of this, and heed the content warning at the top......I was involved in this and could barely type as it was going on...due to laughing my ass off after the first few poses that is.

http://atcmux.wikia.com/wiki/2018.11.17 … _is_Magic!
Also I've run across quite a few people who have seen the topic on here,  so I thought I'd give it a nudge so it's visible again. So again, you guys wanna check it out, info's up there % I've tried to convert ANSI format to BBcode and given up, though that wiki link in this post has a getting started bit from the front page.

Also on Linux natively