2018-11-05 19:04:21

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knew how to recover resilio sync keys? I'm trying to get the read/write key for a folder I've created, but unfortunately only thought to save the read only one. Is there a way to track this down in the web interface somewhere? I've googled things but haven't had much luck.

Prier practice and preparation prevents piss poor performance!

2018-11-06 03:34:33

I'll try to explain how it's done, but it can be a little difficult when the web interface doesn't cooperate.

These steps are with NVDA, so I'm not sure about other screen readers.

You need to find the folder you want the key for then arrow down so you're not on the label.

Hit your application key or whatever you use for a right click, then go all the way down to the bottom of the page and if it cooperates, the option to copy the secret should be there.

Hopefully it works for you, because resilio doesn't always cooperate with NVDA.

Sometimes it'll lose focus and you might have to move the mouce pointer to the current object and left click.

I've been playing with it as I write this and it's worked every time so fingers crossed.

2018-11-06 04:12:09

Thanks, that worked! This web UI really is a pain...

2018-11-06 04:18:34

It use to be when it was first releast, but I've gotten use to it.

It's the same with free download manager, once you know your way around, they're both usable.

If I was good with writing guides, I'd write one, but it's easier for me to just write specific instructions on how to do certain tasks like the one you requested above.

2018-11-06 04:34:51

Well, it's appreciated very much!
I did have one other question I wanted to ask about this, though. Do you have any idea how to get past that first thing after you enter the web UI username and password where it looks like a blank page but there's actually a prompt to enter your email?
I had a sighted person help with this, but now I've got other people asking me and my only response to them is cry. Cry until you find eyeballs.

2018-11-06 05:44:39

Ok, let's hope I can get my settings back after doing this.

If not, then it's good practice for setting things up from scratch.

Once you've instaled resilio for the first time, you have a screen where you enter a display name for your computer.

This is what other users wil see when they look at the peer list for folders.

Decide what you want to be called carefully because you can't change it later.

Once that is done, you need to tick two checkboxes before you can proceed to the next step.

On the next screen you have a field to enter your email address to subscribe to their newsletter.

Luckily, they don't spam your inbox, or you can just give a fake email..

After that, that's pretty much it, you're at the screen where you can add folders.

Now some advice, because this happened to me while I tested it.

I thought I could just copy my resilio folder in %appdata%.

While that works to a degree, you will end up losing the info for your folders, for some reason it doesn't work.

I keep a text file of my secrets, or keys, depending on what you want to call them, that way I can easily re-add them later, which is what I will be doing after I submit this post lol.

I'm glad I only have only three keys to add.