2018-11-05 13:33:32

Hi,
Due to the pm system not telling us if we've got pms or not (ahoy, this is site and forum feedback after all, is it not?) I am simply putting this here to let you two know that I responded to your pms. @Jaysofire I got your reply, thank you again I haven't responded to it as it looks like it's a closed one and it's fine, and @SmokeJay I have now done a reply to yours.
Thank you, and sorry to bring this (topic) up. Wish this pm system did actually tell you how many you had.
Once you two have responded back here saying you've also got mine, I will just delete this topic as if this pm system told us, we wouldn't even need this topic here.

2018-11-05 14:54:52

Okay. Yeah, I guess that should be another thing to put on the table at some point to really fix this PM system. I would use forum mail, but that opens outlook which is both not my favorite client, and is connected to my school account which is only really useful for official school stuff. Anyways, thank you.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-11-05 15:11:03

Gonna join in, and agree there needs to be PM notification. I've even tried changing my email and it broke on me. I don't check my messages unless somebody tells me I got  a PM. So, so used to forums alerting me

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively

2018-11-05 15:16:53

Am wondering what it will take to get this implemented, we'll probably have to go through Richard and Sendermen.

2018-11-05 15:22:24

Well, somebody would have to go through the punbb documentation, write the plugin, and get it installed, tested, and rolled out here. The issue is punbb's documentation isn't the best in the world really. Sure it could be done, but....but.....it'd need somebody to make it, and convince the web guys to add it in, then like said, test it on the test one, and if all goes well, roll it out here. So in short, a lotta work

Also on Linux natively

2018-11-05 17:56:10

Sorry if this is an ignorant question, but couldn't someone make an app for the forum, like Klango or Eltin for example, that interfaces with PunBB so you can get things like PM notifications?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-05 18:28:17

I've honestly no idea if such a thing is even possible honestly....but let's say for this example it is....you'd need to code said app from scratch, then go through the punbb documentation to figure out how to interface this app with the forum, then you'd have to make it crosss platformwhich has its own headaches given we're not all on one OS, then you'd have to maintain the app and keep it up to date if vulnerabilities were found, et cetra. So.....in short it'd be a metric buttload (Yes. THat's an actual unit of measurement) work really.

As said by Ethin and I Punbb's documentation is rather....interesting and it's pretty limited. I don't know for sure but I doubt what your'e saying is even possible with Punbb

Also on Linux natively

2018-11-05 18:39:53

Yep received.

2018-11-06 04:21:32

There are no extensions that facilitate this as of late, and while it could be done it probably relies on a page-scraper which is probably out of the scope of Pun-bb's capabilities.
As for an app, that would be a royal pain. Either Mason, Gamedude or Cae did get it to work, but it's only a forum browser not a forum poster. Probably just extracts page content and parses it anyway.

2018-11-12 00:35:56

Hmm. Since this thread still exists, I will use it to tell Aaron that I have sent you a PM. Actually, a "I sent you A PM" topic might be a decent holdover solution until something can be figured out.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"