2018-11-03 23:27:21

so i'll be honest with yall and say i'm trying to unincrypt game sounds, but I promise I will not give them to anyone nor use them in any released project. Now to my issue. and no it's not my spelling/grammar, all though that is pretty bad lol.
Anhnhnnhnhnhnnhnhnhnnyway.......

I unincrypted them using pack extractor, well i guess it's not unincrypting them sense they didn't have a key, they were just in .dat formats. Anyway, I have them in the packs/sounds.dat or data.dat watever folder, but wen I try to open the files in any program, i've tryed goldwave, reaper, and audacity, it says error, or in the case of reaper, Unknown file extention, although there oggs and wavs.
For some reason vlc doesn't play any audio at all, so any help with either problem would be apreciated.
Thanks!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-04 02:15:44

sounds like they were incrypted, after all.

2018-11-04 03:35:51

o? so it says it's extracting them but it doesn't really? thata's strange and rather anoying.
thanks for telling me that

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-11-04 12:30:32

it will still extract, even if the sounds are incrypted, except they won't play, since they're still protected.

2018-11-04 18:55:18 (edited by defender 2018-11-04 18:56:34)

If your not gonna use or distribute them, why not just enjoy them in the game by playing it.
I mean, that is where they belong right?
Or are you just trying to get some soundtracks or something to listen to on an MP3 player or trying to see past a point you couldn't beat that doesn't have a letsplay somewhere.
Cuz yeah that I could understand.

2018-11-04 22:36:13

bgt's pack object itself does not have encryption. The encryption is carried out on the files prior to adding them to the pack, using generally the file_encrypt method, which if you open the files in a text editor, btw get something like notepad2 or notepad++ so it'll handle big files, begins with a header of SWCR. That is the dead giveaway that either the key you tried has failed, or you didn't supply a key. That is the raw encrypted data. I'm guessing SWCR, checksum, data. If it's string_encrypt I don't know how it verifies it, probably still some checksum though. BGT is so obscure about it's method that we haven't figured what algorithms it's using yet. So you can extract all you like, but you will never truly know exactly what the key is unless you have the means of which to rip the key out of the game during it's execution, or if you get really lucky and find yourself some data that begins with, say, "oggS". Crazy party is a good example of how non-encrypted data should actually work.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-11-05 14:16:30

@5 that's what i need them for, I started this topic cause I tried to extract the paladin sounds cause some of the music is hreally good.

----------

2018-11-05 17:11:30

Yep, that is the thing. Although you extract them, they won't play because they are encrypted and unfortunatly, I haven't found any way to get around that.
So, those of you who don't like BGT but also don't like people stealing sounds and music, start liking BGT.

Regards
T-m