2018-11-05 09:12:51

hello Jamie, when you hoping to send out the mailer to us? Will

Thumbs up

2018-11-05 09:56:40 (edited by defender 2018-11-05 09:58:08)

@49
I think that's a great approach, and if you can even mostly pull it off it'll be really great!
Accessibility to newbies and experienced players both is important if we want more audio gamers, and for you if you want more sales, which is extra important in such a small market.
And I agree with you that ABL's combat system was mostly limited by other factors like speed of attack, allot of warnings, a shield early in the game, and only 1 weapon, and that it's not actually that bad of a system. Try the planes or king fight on hardcore and tell me if it's still a simple hear and react game, it takes most people a few tries.
I do hope it ends up using more keys than ABL, which it sounds like it will, and that you can use multiple supplementary skills on an enemy if you have them though...
I have to say that trying to pull off an RPG with pets and equipment and skill trees in 6 to 12 hours of content sounds impossible without leaving big plot holes or unfinished story lines dangling everywhere, and that I don't see how inserting multiple different types of blind characters into the game won't come across as forced, but I'm still gonna buy and enjoy it either way and I'm no game designer or writer anyway.

@51
Check post 46 for the answer big_smile

This... -- Is CNN'.
Well Ted, it sure looks like there's been uh, quite a bit of violence around here
"aaoh, that violence was terrible'!"
Yeah it was, pretty bad.

Thumbs up

2018-11-13 05:29:06

hello. I signed up to the mailing list, hopefully it's not too late smile

good day
togira
sorry for my bad english

Thumbs up

2018-11-13 05:40:42

Hi there, I've signed up on the mailing list as well. I haven't yet received anything. Just curious how things are going?

Thumbs up

2018-11-13 06:00:23

Hello.

Here's the email I got from falling squirrel.

Thanks for signing up to test The Vale.
The build should be ready for the 16th of November - we'll send an e-mail then with more information. Please spread the word and get more people to sign-up.  
For now, please fill out the questionnaire at the link below so we can get to know you a little better.

Thanks very much, 
Falling Squirrel

Here's the link to the pre-test questions.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp … Q/viewform

If you like harry potter fan fiction, click on this link to download a zipped folder containing 9 point something gigs of harry potter fan fiction when unzipped. It's around 3 gigs zipped. https://tinyurl.com/y9dl9zev

Thumbs up

2018-11-13 08:24:28

Will there be in iOS version of this game? That would be cool.

Thumbs up