2018-11-04 12:25:12

First, it is sad to see you going man, your posts were always worth reading, like post 17 said, I guess, sorry if I hame the number mistaken.
Second, I arkived this post in this state as my time of writing, just because I can.
smile Howp you will still be a member and contribute with other useful posts.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-11-04 14:09:58

Confused

Bitcoin Address:
1MeNca7h6m8du4TV3psN4m4X666p6Y36u5m

2018-11-04 14:39:05

Turtlepower's  rl name is pretty much publicly available on the forum and I'm not referring to OP's post.
here on the second page of the topic.
I bring it up because:
1. Detractors of this post will probably use the giving out of names to attempt to invalidate this post.
2. turtlepower may want to remove this post, so I thought I'd point it out in case they have missed it.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-04 14:42:06

Nothing to say really, but why nearly towards the end of 2018 things had happened a lot in this forum.

2018-11-04 15:38:43

Nocturnus, well said, and I'm glad you were able to explain things from your perspective.

To Turtlepower, I am certain Nocturnus did not include your first name due to anything other than an oversight.  Actually if I had been in his shoes I'm pretty sure I would have made the same mistake, for 2 specific reasons.  He was quoting an email from me to the mod list (which I found so that's nice to have), and usually when you are trying to correctly quote someone you just copy and paste without going through and editing any of it.  The second reason was because you had already made your post in the BSG blog post explaining who you were in all of this.  I, for one, forget that some users keep their first names a secret.  Because you had already yourself posted about the very things in the quoted email, if it had been me posting I may not have even realized that something like your first name was not already known on the forum based on your screen name.

Mayana wrote:

If turtlepower17 is not comfortable with her first name being exposed, then one of the mods would have to edit (or preferably, ask Aprone to edit) post 273 in the BSG topic, since he wrote her first and last name, as well as where she lives.

Mayana you are mixing up 2 people.  The person I named in that topic was not turtlepower, it was the girl who had been claimed to have killed herself.

Jayde wrote:

I just want to chime in here and say one more thing.

I have not personally witnessed any mod, at any time, attempting to delete or edit someone else's posts. I have not seen anyone state that they wished to censor Nocturnis in any way, on list or anywhere else.

Shouldn't you have prefaced that message with something like "In the past 40 hours that I've been a moderator..."?
I'm kidding around, but there have been a few posts like that where you word things as though you have experience you don't yet have.  You've also done this when talking about the mod discussions that took place before you were even added in, which would mean you're running off of second hand stories given to you by the few mods left who were there.  If you truly are trying to do some sort of investigation of your own, just let me know and I'll happily forward you copies of everything said before you arrived, and even the old email Nocturnus is quoting (if you want).  I doubt that Dark and the current mods have been giving you the whole story.
I can't say I've ever seen mods secretly editing people's posts either, so don't view my kidding around here as me suggesting they will.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-11-04 16:34:54

My ability to witness things is perforce limited by my time and my access. Surely that goes without saying. The point is, I haven't witnessed it. That doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I stick by what I said. It's not going to happen. I'm not interested in muzzling facts.

It was I (perhaps among others) who informed Nocturnis about Turtlepower's first name, not having known it myself. I didn't know how to edit the post for that specific content, though I tried. There are still obviously things I'm learning, but I was in touch with Nocturnis, and either through my indirect nudge or because someone else got hold of him, he popped in to tweak his post. I'm very much interested in people's requests being honoured if it's possible.

Aprone, go ahead and send me said email if you like. Never let it be said that I want to categorically shove things out of sight so no one has to think about them.
That said, I think the issue of archiving has gotten just a bit out of hand, so I'm going to ask, as a user and not a mod, for you folks to take a collective breath. If there was ever a chance that this post was going to be denounced, it has passed and is no longer a concern. We don't really need to keep talking about how so-and-so has archived things, and it's going to just make mods in general feel more and more scrutinized in ways that aren't merited. Please work with me on this one. I respect your concerns, but in this specific instance, they are not going to come to anything. You have my word on it.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-04 16:41:17

I have very little to say all about this drama.  I have no interest in repeating something somebody else has already said, but I feel like other than the few aggrieved parties, people are just trying to stir things up for the hell of it.

Anyway, I'm sad to see both Nocturnus (or oncturuns? I don't remember the amusing typo) and Aprone go.  I didn't know either of you at all personally, but having played all of Aprone's excelent games, I saw how Swamp was run and never had any complaints.  And Nocturnus always had hilarious posts that always brought a smile to my face.  Plus, both of you have always seemed very reasonable and approachable, which I think is key for a good moderator.
Anyway, I'm sad that the community (both in and out of the moderation team) made things so difficult that you had to step down. 
Also, people, give Jade a break!  Yes.  I completely agree that criticizing
Aprone's post on the other thread and closing said thread were both not necessarily things I'd approve of, but jumping down his throat when he just became a moderator is a little unfair considering the state the community is in at the moment. 
This isn't a novel where everyone and their mom wants to rule the world... okay, most people probably do want to rule the world, but who wants to say they have complete control over a forum on the internet?  Come on.  That's like the one way to get laughed out of... well... anywhere, except maybe some weird nerdy convention.  Also, our moderators are volunteers.  They're not being paid to deal with this crap.  I'd react the same way if I was in this position!

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2018-11-04 16:48:52 (edited by Mayana 2018-11-04 16:51:32)

@Aprone, I went to check and you're indeed right, that was a different person. I'm sorry for the mistake. @Turtlepower, sorry, I wasn't implying anyone claimed you killed yourself or anything, that was just me being sleepy and stupid early in the morning. smile

Yes, I definitely left the forum. Mhm. Why would you have any doubt?
Code 7 tips: https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/4010 … or-code-7/
Don't forget to be awesome!

2018-11-04 17:24:48 (edited by defender 2018-11-04 17:55:06)

Been giving allot of thumbs up in this thread, despite our shit situation, you are some really cool people when it comes down to it and I'm not just talking about Aprone and Nocternous either. :-)

Yeah gotta admit, post 1 almost made me tear up a bit too... sigh. I don't want this place to go down the tubes... It's part of my childhood and I grew up with it, for all it's problems I'd feel like a part of me was missing if it was gone.
I really, really wish Aprone would consider coming back after giving him self a break, same with Nocternous, we desperately  need really good people like you two if we want any chance of recovering from this tailspin.
But I get it, I'd be totally warn out and tired of this too, you've fought this battle for a long time and when it starts stressing you out enough to seriously effect your real life, that's when you need to take a step back for your own sake.
Still, give it a couple months or more and I hope you guys reconsider, we all really appreciate you both here and all the work you did on this clusterfuck of a situation. You've done the community a big service even if you may feel it's a hollow victory, and no matter what you decide, I'll always respect you for doing what you've done for us.

And I agree, people need to calm down with the archiving and claims about editing/deleting posts, while it may be bad right now, I don't think it's quite that bad... But repeating stuff like that again and again is just going to make it worse, so if you truly care about this community surviving, than please don't be part of the problem.
Also, while I admit I'm also getting more and more wary of Jade's adminship as the days go by, I also think that their is a natural breakin period to be expected, and it's even worse than usual with all this chaos going on right now, no one really has time to help him much or show him the ropes on certain things.
Plus, you have to admit, he's trying to accept and minimize his mistakes by not shutting people down who PM him about it, and making followups to posts that caused an outcry.
Nothing (actually) that bad has come of the things he's said yet, so while I wish he was being more careful and wouldn't keep saying one thing, then backing it off bit by bit, I understand what a crap situation he's in with all this anger clouding the forum's atmosphere, and he's just trying to help make things better in the end, even if you might not agree with his methods.

IMO we should just try to either shut our mouths unless we have something useful to add, or flood the forum with positivity and helpfulness, at least that's what I'm going to try to do.

2018-11-04 18:56:16

Hats off to you man! And hats off to your honesty! big_smile

2018-11-04 20:08:38

At Exodus, you're right, I had completely forgotten about that post. That was my fault, I should have checked to see if I had ever said my real name on this forum before running my mouth. I wasn't thinking clearly, what with all the emotions surrounding all of these things being brought up in various places. For that reason, I accept your apology, Nocturnus, and I also appreciate the way you came forward and did your best to rectify the situation. I also apologize if I came across as a hypocrite, or if me posting what I did was considered stepping out of line by some. I won't edit it simply because I don't believe in editing posts to minimize damage if you've made a mistake in most cases, but I will say that I made a bad judgment call there, and I'm sorry. Aprone has a good point too, and while I can see how the wording of my post could be taken as a challenge, that wasn't exactly how I meant it. I honestly did want to know if there was a reason, good or bad, why my real name had been brought up. The possibility of it being an oversight had occurred to me, but I'm kind of a natural pessimist, so I often assume the worst of situations. In any case, I'm glad that's cleared up now from both sides, and I do appreciate the fact that it was dealt with as swiftly as it was.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-11-04 22:13:05

Meh I wouldn't sweat it too much Turtlepower, honestly I really admired the way you separated your feelings and said, I wish you hadn't used my name, but that was a really good post.
We all make mistakes sometimes.
Besides, it's nice to know how much people care about others personal wishes, even if it was a false alarm.

2018-11-04 22:44:51

I am personally questioning the mods in my mind of late. This is not to say that they are doing anything wrong at this time. It's more of how things blew up. Things coming out in the light per say. Questions like how can someone make such a big mistake or if said person stepped down because of this, is there a problem of some sort wrong with the rest of the staff that they brought on? I personally think that questions like that may be in the back of some people's minds even if there is no problem with the current staff. Yes, all of this does bring to light things that would be good to look at closely, and I am sure that things will improve. The fact that so many have posted shows, to me at least, that happened here has harmed a fair number of people. No, I do not like this at all, and I have my views on who I would side with, if that is needed per say. Ok, that last statement sounds too much like a politician to me. LOL. Anyway, the more reliable info that comes out, the easier it is, for me at least, to fully understand what and why things went so wrong here. Not just reliable info, but concise info helps. Yes, I understand why people are doing what they are doing, when it comes to this topic, and all I have to say is give them time to see how this is dealt with in the future. Clearly, some trust needs to be built back up, and that will take time. I personally think that discussion around the lessons to be learn here will help along with people like Nocturnus, aprone, aaron, Jayde, turtlepower17 and ETC being clear where it comes to where they are coming from in this whole mess. I believe that they have been to this point, and I would like to thank them for doing so. To say that I am not happy is a bit of an understatement to say the least, but seeing how this will be handled in time will help fix that problem. I personally would not want to be a moderator over the next few months to say the least.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-11-05 00:07:29 (edited by defender 2018-11-05 02:06:33)

I want to apologize to everyone.
I didn't realize when I posted how bad things had gotten in the site and forum feedback threads, with Jade and his insanely harsh and unfair warnings, they were updating so fast that I couldn't properly follow them.
I now see why people were as paranoid as they were, with all this (one and only warning) stuff he was saying.
I still don't think he'd edit or delete a post, but I understand allot better now.
I want ag.net to survive too of course, so I still think we should be as civil as we can, but Jade has still lost all of my support and I urge any mod who can to do the right thing by the community and remove him, then undo all of his warnings that were unjustified.
To recap, my bad, I stuck my foot in my own mouth once again. big_smile

2018-11-05 01:35:33

Jayde is not being removed, but I am asking for him to remove his warnings. He is not going to be hunted down I respectfully ask that of you all for now. Give this place time to heal, let's see what we can all come up with.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c_H45kt1_8

2018-11-05 01:56:07

at post 32, I could not agree more and I have been saying this very same thing ever since this came up, but then we have ways in here of interpreting that just do not match by some, and it is curious because they are the very same ones that love to just stir things up, probably have too much time  in their hands to spare? Either way, I should care, but it just doesn't get me. It just does not. I have been concentrating on posting better and sharing more helpful things for the forum just as I did 3 weeks ago, 2 years ago, and still do today, so I still repeat, this is the internet and you are in  control. If you love to get melodramatic for no reason, then your problem, no one else should really care. If you love to discuss advancements in vst accessibility, awesome, and I guess that is also a problem if you want to view it that way. But the serious bit that bugs me is the whole competitive aspect of who is truly a man for doing such or giving such information, blah blah blah, and this makes adults become little spoiled brats again. or who is truly a hero, or who can argue better, or who knows the definition of such and such, or who can prove or disprove, overrule or whatever. This just seriously has to stop because for one (out of at least 10 more key reasons) it divides the community even more, not to mention its a very laughable quote, specialized forum, at best. Moderators as well as posters (and even ex moderators, thank you) should remember the phrase that patience is a virtue.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…