2018-11-02 01:09:16

For someone who can not play nor sing good, like myself, Melodyne is a very useful tool. It works with audio as with MIDI, so it gives a possibility to modify any note, including pitch, amplitude and drift. Sure, it introduce sound artifacts, especially with extreme settings. But for noobs that is not important and pro do not have to deal with drastic mistakes.

In general, that program is graphic oriented. But looking precisely I have noticed it delivers sufficient information and supports several shortcuts. Still, the whole interface is one window without any accessibility in mind. Usual approach just with automated mouse clicks is no go.

Sibiac was developed just for such cases. And now you can check it in action with Melodyne. The overlay is just released, so untested. I am sure there are some bugs.

Instructions and documentation: http://www.azslow.com/index.php?topic=427.0

I have also quick recorded a presentation. From which you can easily conclude that I am not a good guitar player, my English match my guitar skills, I probably just got a cold and I am rather tired from making this release. But I hope you also can notice that the thing can work wink http://www.azslow.com/files/Melodyne_Intro.mp3

2018-11-02 01:55:08

hi, i just read your instructions. I am a bit confused on why do you need two versions of sibiac installed? can you explain a little bit more? I could probably put this on the reaper access wiki and organize it better in sibiac's page with simpler English smile cool

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-02 05:21:53

The first file is the OCR file which SIBIAC reads from, the second file is the actual SIBIAC info.  I will put together a video explaining all this.  Tested and it's working nicely.

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-02 08:09:44

Wow, that's amazing!
Melodyne is an excellent piece of software.

2018-11-02 08:24:57

UltraLeetJ wrote:

hi, i just read your instructions. I am a bit confused on why do you need two versions of sibiac installed? can you explain a little bit more? I could probably put this on the reaper access wiki and organize it better in sibiac's page with simpler English smile cool

While probably for the rest of the world that is not a problem, I am in Germany... That means I have just 3 megabit download 1 megabit upload connection to the Internet from home. Sibiac package including OCR is 20 megabyte, while Sibiac itself is 80 kilobytes. Splitting them allows me to upload faster and put Sibiac itself as a forum download. So with a permanent link for any future versions. That will also save me traffic to web provider, it is also limited.

I know that my texts require proper translation into English, sorry wink

2018-11-02 14:04:19

Wow, I never realized you were so limited on your internet.  I was able to understad what you were saying, but I think that is because we have worked together for so long.     I actually went out of my way to record a song just for demonstrating this piece of software with SIBIAC.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-02 15:25:59

oh wow. If you need me to host things i gladly will, as secondary sources so there will not be a need for hogging your bandwidth. So Ok, i get it now, the first one is teh add on and the second, big  file is the overlay or sibiac info, correct?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2018-11-02 15:46:44

Here's a video of the software in action smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQRwQLB … e=youtu.be

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-02 17:45:34

UltraLeetJ wrote:

oh wow. If you need me to host things i gladly will, as secondary sources so there will not be a need for hogging your bandwidth. So Ok, i get it now, the first one is teh add on and the second, big  file is the overlay or sibiac info, correct?

Big one is Tesseract OCR. Not the best OCR, in fact probably one of the worse one. The only open source I could find.
If I got it right, NVDA use MS OCR now. I have not tried it yet. The best solution will be special, for parsing screen only, OCR. But I  have not found any and I have not yet written my own wink

The tiny file is what Sibiac really is. "Overlays" are up to several kilobytes in size.

My biggest free to use project so far, Control Surface plug-in for Cakewalk, has 500 kilobytes installer. Approximately 25 thousands lines of C code, if I remember correctly.

2018-11-02 18:19:37

NVDA does use WIndows 10 OCR now.    ANd to clearify, as mentioned on the original thread, AZ mentioned that the OCR version  released with SIBIAC is different from Tesarac OCR so any other version WILL NOT WORK.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-03 12:13:19

Sibiac is updated to 0.18b2. Bug fix, more tools and simpler operations in Melodyne.

2018-11-03 19:15:57 (edited by kianoosh 2018-11-03 19:17:09)

Hi there. Nice job dude. A beautiful thumbs up to your first post on this topic which is post number 1! So my question: Could you please tell me how can we now work with addictive drums 2 with this new OCR? I think i heard that this OCR does not let us use reaper, Is it right? If not, So how do I get this to work with addictive drums2 or addictive keys? I have the add-on plus OCR add-on installed, And it is the latest version with a "b2" in the end of its name. I made sure that those things you mentioned that must be checked or be unchecked be they way they should be, And I pressed win+up in both reaper and addictive drums UI. Still as inaccessible as before it was. I believe i'm doing something wrong. BTW my screen resolution(I think that's called screen resolution lol! ) is 1366x768. Could this be the problem? I'm using a laptop. If this is the problem is there A way to increase it somehow? Thanks.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-04 02:55:18

no way to increase it, but check this out and I will plan to update it with more demos and info as the add on becomes more stable and as more demos ETC become available to us.

2018-11-04 03:59:04

I installed the sibiac addon but can't install the OCR portion.
There are only 3 folders, and none of them contain the installer.
Is the OCR package not meant to be installed?

Pics or it didn’t happen

2018-11-04 05:19:17

Maximising it properly seems to give me some trouble. When the window is open, I get a message about part of the interface being hidden at least.
Win+Up doesn't seem to solve it.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-11-04 10:51:33

For the installation: sibiac and sibiac_ocr are NVDA addo-on packages. Both should be installed from NVDA add-on manager. NVDA add-ons are zip archives, so some software can consider to unpack them. But that should be avoided, NVDA will unpack them during installation to the place where they should be.

For the warning, I was able to reproduce. After maximization of the floating window, sibiac start to produce false warning. I will fix it later today.

@kianoosh: do you try to run AD2 inside REAPER, right? It is not working for standalone version of this plug-in.

2018-11-04 11:32:41

the OCR file is not in the list of files when I try to install it from the NVDA addon menu

the other one installed fine because it was a NVDA addon package

Pics or it didn’t happen

2018-11-04 13:24:16

at post16: Yes. I ran it using the reaper.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-11-04 13:45:02

You need to auto-hide the taskbar for WIndows.   I am also unsure if this setup will work inside of any OS other than Windows 10, where SIBIAC was programmed and designed, so if you're running Windows 7 or 8.1, this may be an issue as well.

As for the OCR add-on, when you go to the SIBIAC page that has the links to both sibiac and SIBIAC OCR, you download and install them both like you would normal NVDA Add-ons.     They arenot zip files, they are direct NVDA-ADD-on files.

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2018-11-04 14:59:49

I have uploaded 0.18b3 with a fix for false warning in max mode.

@kianoosh: something is not right then. Check that Sibiac is active for REAPER. Open any audio item properties. Tab to the fade-in curve button. If Sibiac is not active, it will be reported without curve type, even without the information that is a curve type button.
As next, open any FX or FX chain window. Tab throw the controls. There should be "Enable" check box. If it is announced without word "Enable", Sibiac is for some reason have not recognized the window.
If "Enable" is there, but next Tab is not switching into AD2. Close the window and try second time. The first time VST loading its GUI, Sibiac sometimes is unable to recognize which VST is there since there is no sufficient information. Especially on slower computers, where it can take significant time.

2018-11-04 21:36:16 (edited by gamesmaster 2018-11-04 21:39:20)

@G-Rad
the sibiac.0.18b2 is a .NVDAAddon extension and the sibiac_ocr.0.1 is a zip extension
I can install the one with the .NVDAAddon extension but the zip extention doesn't show up when I'm in the install addon menu

Pics or it didn’t happen

2018-11-04 22:36:04

Precise extension of both files is ".nvda-addon". Both uploaded as such, but sibiac_ocr link is direct and sibiac throw the download manager. For Firefox and Chrome there is no difference. I have just checked. What browser are you using?

2018-11-04 23:22:47

Chrome

Pics or it didn’t happen

2018-11-05 01:40:25

well, nvda add on files are really zip files, so renaming the .zip you get to  ".nvda-addon" should work. Chrome believes it is smarter than anyone and so tends to trip up everything. Worked fine with firefox here.

2018-11-05 02:42:10

Worked with Chrome here..

iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel