2018-11-03 23:12:56

If I were you, I'd put it in one of these two new threads, possible banning be damned. Or, if it's important enough and branches off enough from these discussions, create your own thread. However, I understand that you're a developer, so that might not appeal to you.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-11-03 23:41:52

Jade, will I get banned for starting a new topic called Constructive suggestions concerning issues raised in a recent BSG Blog?

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-11-03 23:47:48

Rocky I'd think such a thing would be fine, since you're wanting to post something that would fit perfectly into a thread by that name.  I do unofficially caution you though, that I may be wrong.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-11-03 23:49:34

I'll admit, closing that topic was a dick move. I personaly sau nothing aside from constructive comments on that topic, as far as I know, it has not broken any rules that I know of. But eh, beginer staff members with a happy moderation triger, what can you do. Happens everywhere! I really hope for your and everyone's sake you quit the dark junior act, for you'll but ruin the forums even more.

Greetings.
My twitter

2018-11-04 00:18:54

Moderation:

Amine, referring to the "dark junior act" is both an indictment of Dark and of me. It qualifies as a personal attack on both of us, because it implies that we are both fond of closing down topics. In specific, it cites the precedent set forward in the BSG blog post, where Dark's character was dragged through the mud and back, based largely but not entirely upon this apparent behaviour pattern.

This is your one and only warning on this. You are apprised of the situation, and you know that everything is on edge right now. Under normal circumstances, such a thing would mean the first of many warnings; in our current climate, I will be forced to discuss further action with the mod team if you persist.

To be clear, I do not object to the fact that you disagree with me. Note that many have done so and have not, as yet, received warnings of any kind. Referring to what you see as the "dark junior act" is simply not tolerable in the current climate. It serves no purpose except to inflame tempers and insult people.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-11-04 00:20:08

Rocky, please contact me privately and we can discuss your options. Normally this would not be an issue, and I respect that you are not among those who have been particularly vocal, but I'd like to know what sort of thing you're talking about before I try and deal with it. If it just going to spark the exact sort of discussion that was closed off before, however, I would recommend that you do not, in fact, take Aprone's advice at the present time.

2018-11-04 00:32:57 (edited by Exodus 2018-11-04 00:34:13)

"where do I put this so that people see it?" Not in jayde's inbox tongue.

"its a constructive suggestion, not a pm suggestion". I'd say site and forum feedback, it's where the majority of stuff BSG related is currently. That way everyone who wants to see it can see it, and it isn't under some rug rotting away and collecting maggots.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-04 00:41:21

Moderation:

Exodus, consider this your one and only warning on the topic. You are not only mocking a fellow forum member (me, in this case) but you are encouraging someone to go around what I have specifically asked. Continuation in this vein will merit discussion with the mod team to decide further action against you.

I respect that you vehemently do not like what I am standing for right now, and I realize that your feelings might be causeing you to act in ways you otherwise might not, but this is no excuse for deliberately encouraging users to circumnavigate a specific request we have put in place. You have every right to disagree with what we're doing and why we're doing it, but when you attempt to step in and sidestep it after seeing me ask Rocky specifically not to do so, that's calculated refusal to abide by something I am asking you to do. I'm not asking for anything sensitive, or in any way impinging on normal human rights. I'm not doing anything monstrous by asking Rocky to talk to me privately and to not post his suggestion until we chat. Heck, there is every possibility that once I have a better idea of what he's after, I'd be fine with it being posted wherever. I'm not unreasonable. I'd just prefer that certain channels be followed through. Please do not step in the way of me performing my duties as a mod here. Thank you.

2018-11-04 00:56:20

1:
You never asked me to do anything.
2:
I was literally answering his question. We can't see your inbox, so that would be literally the worsed place for him to put a thing he wants P E O P L E to see.
3:
I see no new changes to the forum rules of late, and you really can't count random ones that you keep pulling out  of thin air.
4:
The very same rules state that I am fact, allowed to disagree with you. That particular passage can be found...
Here  under point 8.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-04 01:15:09

@Jayde, right. You want us all to send our suggestions to you so you can go over them. Right.... and who appointed you as suggestion moderator?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-04 01:16:34 (edited by cartertemm 2018-11-04 01:20:42)

Hello Jade,
I ask that you please stop pulling out undeclared rules to fit your desired agenda. I will quote your posts thus far directly, so we can see quite plainly that exidus is not, in fact, violating any regulations.

the first, found here in post 20.

"Rocky Waters, you can feel free to send me a private message with your constructive suggestion. Those are always welcome, so thank you."

Your next post is 31:

"Rocky, please contact me privately and we can discuss your options. Normally this would not be an issue, and I respect that you are not among those who have been particularly vocal, but I'd like to know what sort of thing you're talking about before I try and deal with it. If it just going to spark the exact sort of discussion that was closed off before, however, I would recommend that you do not, in fact, take Aprone's advice at the present time."

As you've stated quite clearly, this is recommendation. According to the dictionary I have pulled up here...

recommendation: Noun: something (as a course of action, something that recommends (or expresses commendation of, any quality or characteristic that gains a person a favorable reception or acceptance or admission

Your next post, addressing exidus:

"Moderation:
Exodus, consider this your one and only warning on the topic. You are not only mocking a fellow forum member (me, in this case) but you are encouraging someone to go around what I have specifically asked."

Nowhere here do I see anything that even remotely hints at requirement, much less requirement directly stated in the rules you were tasked with enforcing. I see a suggestion, someone opposed that, and now your putting on your mod hat after nothing more than a mere recommendation. Might I add that mod hat wasn't worn originally, so we're set to suspect your not acting as a mod, but rather as a person who happens to disagree with the situation anyway.

Logically speaking, regardless of whether or not you do go forward with Aprones advice, I doubt much will happen to these topics or mindsets anytime soon. either Jade sends one message that we all can read, or he spends hours and hours more replying to specific PM's, or he could just spend his night handing out mod warnings that don't really go by the book. Whatever, I've said my piece and will certainly be returning unless I unknowingly violate some unspoken rule implemented on a seconds notice. Quite frankly we're all tired of this most recent episode.

2018-11-04 01:24:52

Cartertemm, I will address your point directly.

When a moderator invokes their authority to say that something should not be talked about anymore, and then they "recommend" that a person not follow another member's advice because it might (key word, might) risk sidestepping the prior directive, this recommendation is, in essence, more than just a recommendation.
In a real-life situation, if a policeman caught you doing something he thought was fishy and said "I recommend you not do that", and then followed through after someone else egged you on, he'd be in the right. A recommendation is not an ironclad requirement on its own, but when combined with a previous directive, it should be quite clear what I meant.
I furthermore believe that you are a person of considerable intelligence who knows this, and are making waves for the sake of making waves.

Exodus,
I check my inbox regularly now in case someone wants to message me there. I have said numerous times that I will engage in discourse this way. If you are encouraging a user not to do so, I cannot understand why, particularly given that it is what I asked to be done in this instance.

2018-11-04 01:34:03

In theory your analogy would make sense, in theory anyway. However, when I ask the police to back up his actions with a written law, I would expect to be met with legality that is unable to be disputed. You called exitus out for mocking a fellow forum member, not against the rules. You then call him out for disobeying your authority, which everyone in this topic is already doing anyway, bringing up points that go against yours, not against the rules. If we were not going against your rules as a colective body, the title of this page would have the word BSG  written in it.

2018-11-04 01:34:59

I quite frankly can't believe what I am reading right now, and am nearly speechless. I would honestly say bring dark back if it wasn't for the Walter situation (I don't want anyone who commits character assassination as mod). But though dark closed a few topics he disagreed with and has made some stupid choices, jade is currently making dark look tame. If I get banned for posting this, I will publicize this to the best of my ability, and I know that based on how I have not seen a single post defending jade thus far, people will agree with what most people are saying. I don't want to ruin this forum, but I also don't want to tell people it's ok to express there opinions in a dictatorship. This is madness. several people so far have gotten one and only warnings when they are just suggesting places to post, because you don't agree with what you presume the posts content will contain. Eventually, if this continues, people are just going to leave anyway, and the only people left will be people who can't understand enough English to understand what's going on, or people who want to stay because they still think jade is cool because of the manamon guide. And this can just be a lesson to the forum in general. Instead of a new topic in the newsroom, we have a new mod yaaaaay! how about a topic in sight in forum feedback where people are able to vote from a list of choices. Because I promise that if things were done that way, jade would not have received that many votes.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2018-11-04 01:36:54

the answer is obvious. anything that is said privately can be vetted. anything that is public is just that and that's how it should be. considering what has happened i find the whole behind closed doors idea to be quite disturbing.

2018-11-04 01:41:32

Number of people in agreement with Jayde: 1, maybe 2? That part is a little undecided.

number of people that disagree with his actions: everyone else who has spoken here and in the other topic

User Karma can tell the story. Is their any point to this post other than to re-iterate what's already been said countless times before? Nah, not really. But when there's this much oppression to one person then I'd say that should speak for itself

2018-11-04 01:41:49

I'd also like to amend to cartertems post by saying that the comparison in post 38 is apples to oranges. A police officer enforces the law, performs criminal investigations, ensures the safety of citizens, and so on. A forum moderator does not do these things. A forum moderator does neither enforce the law nor does he ensure the safety of the forum members under him. A forum moderator ensures the peace is kept. That is all a moderator does. Therefore, I consider your comparison invalid.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-04 01:44:29 (edited by braille0109 2018-11-04 01:45:27)

all righty. since when, does, constructive feedback to BSG require admin approval? also, any particular reason why we should contact Jayde directly, rather than the entire admin team? rocky, just go ahead, post your feedback. if they don't like it, they can close down the topic. either that, or get in touch with BSG directly, which, honestly, would be your best bet at this point.

2018-11-04 02:38:46

eh. That police analogy holds about as much water as a colander.

A while ago I cancelled my TV licence (Yes you have to pay a licence to watch tv in the UK) and all was well in the home of exodus.

Three or 4 months later:

Bang bang bang! goes the great and almighty door that guards the entrance into my home. The dishes I did stop washing... and to the door I did go.
Through the viewing portals upon the mighty guarding door of the home of exidus I did spy...
A chubby dude and a policeman.
"TEEEEEEEE VEEEEEEE Licenciiiiiiiing!", yelled the chubby, suited gentleman.
I will break from the story to tell you all this, dear readers:
TV licensing enforcers are employed in the UK by a private company by the name of capita. they are described as "enforcement officers", they do not possess any official powers of arrest and cannot enter homes or search property without permission. They can and do attempt to mislead people into letting them access the property so they can inspect your TVs, block your toilet and tread dogshit into your carpet.
Being in no mood to have my toilet blocked, have my large computer monitor fucked with, or spend the next hour disinfecting my carpet of dogshit, I informed the gent to come back later, some time in 70 years ought to do it.
At this point, the fine upstanding officer of the law pipes up, "I'd recommend you just let us in. We'll be done in five minutes or so."
"Does this man possess a search warrant officer and if so, are you here to help execute that warrant?" Was my question, images of brown smeared carpets and toilet plungers flashing through my mind.
"No... I'm... Well... I'm here to pre-emptively deal with a breach of the piece," replied the policeman.
Turns out that some people really do not take kindly to these inspections and fists start flying.
As I was not attempting to rearrange our chubby suited friend's face, this officer's time was literally being wasted.
"If I refuse to let this gentleman have access to the property, am I breaking any laws at all officer?"
"Nope," was the response.
"Then with the greatest of all respect, Bugger off. I'm not in," I responded.
Back to the sink I did go and wash the dishes I did...

Everything, once again was all well in the home of exodus.

What have we learned here forumites?
We've learned that people can recommend that you can go do all manner of things, but unless they have a law backing them, or some kind of contract that you've agreed to before hand... Their recommendations can be viewed as a fart in the wind if you wish.

The end

2018-11-04 02:51:45

there's a few spots in this topic where I just wanna go, fucking owned. Obviously we know who's being owned. But I was in fear a bit ago, and now it seems like more than just me are posting on here in fear. It is my personal opinion that administrative staff should never impose fear, rather incentive. I'm trying to come up with a back-up here but that brings police back into it and that's been knocked out of the ball park. And I don't wanna bring the term god-fearing man into it either because I know fuck all about god. Incentive, you should just not do these things or you may receive reactions you don't like, fear, you better not piss me off, which btw your existence does, or I will fucking kill you. That's what I'm seeing here. This new guy comes out of nowhere and acts like this is a crusade. Boink me on twitter @x0_1372 with updates, I will not be coming back to read this topic because it'll be to a hundred by tomorrow and I'm not reading all that. Also Exodus what a signature.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-11-04 10:35:00

I''d have a couple questions that I'd like to be answered.
1. Why when rought in administration do you speak of your self as singular, and not as a collective admin team?
2. Why all the issues, should be addressed only to you? Are you became a king and I didn't know that? Long life to you if you are.
3. are you not taking it too far by warning people based on what people have against your points, and not based on people going against the poorly written rules?

Paul

2018-11-04 10:44:54

I only came to one conclution from this topic lol. I have to ask Jayde to creat a topic because now we don't no what is right or wrong.

follow me on
twitter
now go away, don't talk to me

2018-11-04 23:40:46 (edited by defender 2018-11-05 00:22:59)

Wow, holy crap, I actually didn't know it had gotten this bad, yeah Jade, you are taking this stuff way, way too seriously.
Those warnings your giving out are extremely harsh compared to the actual crime!
I see where people are coming from now...  I can't defend this at all.
You've lost all my support, but I will continue to be as civil as I can and I hope you all do the same, that way ag.net will at least have a chance to recover from this...

2018-11-05 01:44:08

Jade, my constructive suggestion will be going in the topic about first steps towards healing.  It will be a good place for it.  It really is not a PM thing.  No intentional mystery, just been busy and helpfully we have moved forward.

Try my free games and software at www.rockywaters.co.uk

2018-11-05 02:02:23

@Rocky yes, I think that's a good idea. I'm sorry for answering I know it's a question posed for Jayde, but I think that's a fine idea personally.