2018-10-31 21:09:13

"Take on the part of an our of work nurse, with student loans and bills mounting.

Nearly at your wits end, a job, almost too good to be true, drops in your lap:  An old magician who has been in a coma for many years has woken, and now he needs help regaining his strength once more. 

A live-in nurse is exactly what he's looking for, . . .

Magic and subtle plots are afoot, drawing our nurse deeper and deeper into something she does not yet understand.  Will she figure out what is happening before it is too late?  Or will her life be changed in a way she never imagined?"

A little background for this one:
This is a game that I finished up about 3 1/2-4 years ago now.  About a year and a half ago I released a  bug fix for all the spelling errors and such that I knew about.  Since then I have been fixing things that have been reported (There hasn't been much, and I never bothered to keep a list.) but more importantly it was suggested recently that I do a wallpaper for the game.  I opted to do it in such a way that it could not only be used as a wallpaper, but also be used as a title image for the game itself.  The short version is that this build includes a couple of spelling/grammar fixes, and a cover image. 

For those of you who have played the game previously, this might be a good excuse to play the game again.  For the rest of you, I hope you take the time to enjoy the game for the first time!

You can find a free download of the game here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/22422771

2018-10-31 22:23:34

unless I"m just an idiot, i don't see the link to download from your patrion

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-31 22:24:47

never mind, I found it

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-10-31 22:41:13

redfox wrote:

never mind, I found it

Happens to us all sometimes.  Glad you were able to find it.

Was just heading over here to mention to you that it's the link at the bottom of the post.  Red text.

2018-11-01 04:46:10

I gave this game a look and was in the process of playing it in chrome when my phone died lol. From what I've seen, that is from the beginning to when Susan reaches the mansion, there are a few grammatically rough areas. For example there is a passage where the same word is repeated 4 or 5 times within the span of 2 sentences. Also, where the taxi picks her up has 2 differently worded passages that show her getting into the cab so that it looks like its happening twice but from different angles.
Besides that though, its an interesting setup and I want to see where it goes, so I'll see it through. Thanks for posting it here. :]

2018-11-01 05:02:51

KenshiraTheTrinity wrote:

I gave this game a look and was in the process of playing it in chrome when my phone died lol. From what I've seen, that is from the beginning to when Susan reaches the mansion, there are a few grammatically rough areas. For example there is a passage where the same word is repeated 4 or 5 times within the span of 2 sentences. Also, where the taxi picks her up has 2 differently worded passages that show her getting into the cab so that it looks like its happening twice but from different angles.
Besides that though, its an interesting setup and I want to see where it goes, so I'll see it through. Thanks for posting it here. :]

Thank you for the feedback.  I'll make note of what you mentioned and see if I can improve it.  This was one of my early projects, so it probably deserves a once over for improvements at some point.  wink

Glad to hear that you're enjoying it so far.

2018-11-01 14:25:28

Does this game contains adult contents?

2018-11-01 15:46:41

@Socheat, yes this is an adult game, although the erotica here is more part of a very creepy ongoing story than the focus of it.

I did actually play this one, though I've not got around to adding to the db yet.
I enjoyed the creepy story and atmosphere, but the problem I had was feeling as though the game was a little stuck on rails. There seemed to be lots of options in the game, how to dress, what to cook for the magician's meals etc, but at the end I got to a choice of two bad endings and  sure where exactly I might have gone wrong previously, so wasn't sure about replaying.

That would be my only major suggestion for improvement, perhaps after getting the bad endings, a hint  where to look to change things.

Beware! spoilers ahoy! read no more lest yee be spoiled!

I did find the book on black magic, the magic shop in town  and the library fairly early on, which I thought might have been clues as to what was happening, but either there was something  diddn't follow up, or I looked at the wrong time, or maybe there was a specific combination or choice in the daily tasks you do for the magician that I missed,  this is why a hint or two in the couple of bad endings might have been helpful, I certainly don't mind replaying a gamebook a time or two, but if I am not exactly sure of where to start looking for where I went wrong, whether to try a different passage or pick up a different object or what not, it does feel a trifle discouraging.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-11-01 16:28:51

There is a spoiler free walkthrough on the download page

2018-11-01 17:31:20

I can not find the link and I was looking everywhere.
Can you give a direct one, please?
Thanks in advance.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-11-02 17:15:07

high ashaman, i can't find download it, please if you can give me direct link.
thanks

2018-11-03 00:52:09

for those of you who trouble finding direct download link while scrolling patreon page
did you accept i'm a 18 year or older yet? in order to do this press b then you will find one hit enter once yay you are fine!
now find the puppet master 1.0b .html file after that press enter then popup of download software for your choice should start automatically if not check if your window download by default is starting that weird some time my idm not working for some website though
yeah for mension above free ending spoiler now on the same page no download link unless you copy one and make your copy by yourself
the spoiler should appear above download link if i'm right hope can help most of you who trouble finding spoiler and download link

the bestest reward for people who are working so hard they should receive their experience of their own life.
everyone can collect in everyday.
:d

2018-11-03 10:24:17

Thanks, I clicked that button, but I never tought of clicking the html thing.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!