2018-11-02 00:30:50

So, I want to know if there are any games that we can play that are not directly of the fighting genre?  I'm not saying that fighting games are bad.  Hell, I like fighting games sometimes, when I just want to whoop someone's ass and blow off steam, but I really want to play some games that actually have a story, goals to accomplish.  Looking for games that might be playable on PC primarily, as at the moment I do not have a console, but you can list console games as well, since I plan on getting a console in the near future.  Thanks.

2018-11-02 08:42:52 (edited by SLJ 2018-11-02 08:44:39)

Hi.
Guitar Hero and Rock band are playable if you have enough patience. Personally I like Rockband more than Guitar Hero.
Then there is Resident Evil 6 and 7. I haven't tried 7 yet, and never completed 6.
Madden 18 and 19.
There are other games, but that's what I currently remember.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-11-02 09:08:40

Hi.
Well, for the PC there are Madden NFL 19, football game, and Forza motorsport 7, racing game.
If you like these as well, you can also play you don't know jack which is a really good quiz game, there are quite a number of older releases, the newer ones are the jackbox party packs which get released every year, the newest one is partypack 5 which contains a new iteration of the game.
Also on steam you will find the you don't know jack classic pack which contains the old games from tthe 90s and early 2000s, update so they work under windows 10, i think we have 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, sports, movies and TV in the pack.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-02 10:31:34

hi
you can play gta V, but to play you must use some programs for example autotargeting and autodriving

let's rock!

2018-11-02 11:01:20

hi SLJ
what about resident evil 7
it is playable?

2018-11-02 11:03:56

Well, as he clearly stated he hasn't tried re7, so, how should he give a yes or no answer to that question? I heard some people playing it, never got my hands on it though myself.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2018-11-02 11:12:50

Hello,
@1 : it depends on what you consider as playable. To me, for example, being able to shoot everywhere, making more noise than actual gameplay without being able to complete the objectives, and needing cheat codes to do most of that is not an enjoyable gameplay experience, which excludes GTA from the list. Furthermore, having to use exclusivly an objective tracker to reach an objective, without any actual exploration isn't a particularly nice gameplay experience either, which excludes resident evil.
If you're a little tired about fighting games, which is definitly understandable, but if you don't mind playing side scrollers, shank is probably what you are looking for. With a somehow immersive story, comfortable gameplay, it is clearly playable without any sighted assistance. You will certainly spend more time than a sighted player to go through some leels, but it is not the same kind of die and retry as you'll find if you try to play games that are completely based on trial and error for blind players.
I've finished the game on my own, even if it took me a few days, and it was really fun to figure it out.

Hope you'll enjoy it to!
One more thing. For those who have played it, correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know only shank I is accessible, shank II implies far more concepts which are really difficult to handle without being able to read the instructions displayed on the gamescreen.

Best regard,
Simon

2018-11-02 15:59:50

hello! you can try killing floor.  you have no problems with berserk character. then some modes and characters in game for honor are playable for us.

2018-11-02 16:53:57

Other than the single player, which modes in For Honor are playable?

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-11-02 17:16:16

If you have the patients and drive space, Rock band 3 can be played on the PC through emulation with DLC. The sad thing being that this ends up being a more complete version than rock band 4 at the end of the day. If you want to scratch your rhythm gaming itch but can't be bothered setting up dolphin, There is a community mod of guitar hero world tour that crams about 800 songs into the game that also plays fine on windows 10. Both of these can be set up to use keyboard controls should you lack the hardware.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2018-11-02 17:55:14

@9, i've playd for honor  and the game could be playable if someone  able to use sony fight could add a trigger for shieldiing which tells you which side enemy is blocking,  you could play the multiplayer mode, but the single player, not playable. duels in mp is accessible a bit.

2018-11-02 22:33:01 (edited by JLove 2018-11-02 22:35:01)

@7, is Shank for PC or console?  And, you say that Shank II is inaccessible because text needs to be read.  Can that text be read via OCR in Windows?
I've wondered about Resident Evil.  And is it playable on PC, or console?  I've never heard of Killing Floor or For Honor.  Are these fighting games?  Are there any good adventure games and RPGs playable on PC?
Just for information in case it helps, I do not have a console, but I do have an XB1 controller that I am using on PC, running Windows 10 latest update.

2018-11-03 03:38:40

I played Resident Evil 7. And I can say it's quite playable. I managed to pass the first house without any visual help, only listening to the sounds and remembering in my mind the map.
Some people say that Deadspace is also quite accessible. of esse game I can not say much, as I only advanced a little...

Sorry for my english

2018-11-03 10:17:03

I also played about a third of both playdead horror sidescrollers: Limbo and Inside. You'll need a walkthrough beside you to see what's going on, so it's really not that accessible and I couldn't progress at some point in both games, but the sound atmosphere and style of the games are great.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2018-11-03 15:04:42

Marvels vs capcom infinite, Karateka and Madden NFl 19 are the most good games that I play.

Feel free to follow me on Twitter @thecoolgamer4 and subscribe to my Youtube channel

2018-11-03 16:00:18 (edited by seb 2018-11-03 16:00:36)

At post 13 glad you've tried resident evil 7. With a great walkthrough I was able to finish the game in less than a week with no sighted help at all, so it's playable. It's all about memorizing though, so this type of game will not suit everybody.

2018-11-03 20:00:52 (edited by JLove 2018-11-03 20:01:59)

Is Resident Evil fighting?  I've never played it, though I had one friend who did.  Do I need any extra software or do I need to make any PC modifications to install it and play it?  And which ones in the series can be played?

2018-11-03 20:25:29 (edited by seb 2018-11-03 20:28:14)

Resident evil 6 is playable due to a PDA feature which points you in the right direction when you you press and hold a button, although for some parts you would need sighted help or download a trainer. There are people who played resident evil 5, but I don't recommend it. Resident evil 7 is, to me, the most playable even though there are no PDA feature, but I know lots of people might disagree with me. Whether or not you can run it depends on your pc specs, but you don't have any modifications to make prior to installing it.

2018-11-03 22:26:01

The resident evil series, or bio hazard as it is known in japan, started out as a survival horror game that involved a lot of puzzle solbing. In later games it kinda viered off into the action horror genre.

2018-11-04 05:35:39

seb2314 wrote:

At post 13 glad you've tried resident evil 7. With a great walkthrough I was able to finish the game in less than a week with no sighted help at all, so it's playable. It's all about memorizing though, so this type of game will not suit everybody.

Could you link me to the walkthrough you used to complete the game? I really want to play RE7. I have the patience, so I just need a good guide and that's it.

Follow my Youtube channel for high level MK 11 gameplay. https://www.youtube.com/user/Chvasquez86

Follow me on twitch for live streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/obsrattlehead

2018-11-04 06:04:31

@seb2314 yea, the game its very playable. And memorize the maps isn't to hard because ithan stops to walk wen he hits a wall. I only have problems to avoid jack and the other  family members...

Sorry for my english

2018-11-04 06:27:42

resident evil is not fighting, however marvel vs capcom infinite is fighting, but it's enjoyable too, ha s a good story

2018-11-04 06:30:03

If there's a way to set buttons in Re6 and Re7 to be keyboard oriented, I'll sure give it a go to see how it is. I love this kind of game, but hate when important things are mouse bound.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2018-11-04 09:29:05

If the mouse is needed, I'm screwed, since I am totally blind and have only a touchpad.

2018-11-04 10:24:22

i think if you don't have gamepad you'll have to use mouse