2018-10-31 14:04:20

Hi.
So, every time I make a new topic on this forum, I like to tweet it out. I was wondering if it'd be possible to add a feature where you can automatically tweet out topics you create so you don't have to do it manually?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-10-31 14:33:13

It would most likely be technically possible. The question is, as always, if anyone would actually write the code for it and install it on the forum.

2018-11-01 13:04:00

I'd be happy if someone would do that, although it's not strictly necessary. Besides, I'm sure they have extensions for that made already, right? Isn't the PunBB community kind of large?

Discord: dangero#0750
Steam: dangero2000
TWITCH
YOUTUBE and YOUTUBE DISCORD SERVER

2018-11-01 19:20:37

@3, uh, no. Not really. PunBB is probably one of the worse forum packages out there these days, especially since it hasn't been updated in several years. Not to mention that the documentation is... sketchy at best. If you want these kinds of advanced features, your looking at the wrong forum package. A more apt forum package would be Discourse, PHPBB, FluxBB, etc.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2018-11-03 15:10:30

problem with basically everything I've seen other than pun bb is that they all have their own accessibility issues or annoyances, for example useless tables that are actual tables, not layout, random lists, header mismatch in posting tables, and no fucking headings on the page.

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2018-11-03 18:41:37

If you're good at CSS/skinning, you can absolutely fix those. JCink's been made accessible by the guys over there. Namely Owl and Kjrod98, so it can absolutely be done.

Warning: Grumpy post above
Also on Linux natively