2018-10-29 21:07:52

I didn't see a comment box, but i did sign up to the mailing list

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2018-10-30 00:19:04 (edited by defender 2018-10-30 00:24:00)

Really guys? just because you can't tab you call that an important accessibility concern?
What ever happened to just using the arrow keys or jump by letter.
Why ask the guy to waste his time fixing such a non issue.

I'm excited  to see that you guys at Falling Squirrel have made so much progress though... And really impressive that you got Ubisoft's help even!

2018-10-30 15:55:06

Hi.
I have also subscribed. The trailer sounds really fantastic. I love the humor and the sounds.
Awesome that it also supports a gamepad, and great it's going to be released for Steam, and on accessible platforms as well. I'm looking very much forward to hear more about the game, and to play a beta version.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-10-30 17:12:27

admittedly, i had only heard the concept of combat, and when i just heard the game trailer it was absolutely amazing!!!

2018-10-30 19:28:53

Curious, where have you found the trailer?

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-30 20:08:42

it was the opening scene from the game, not a trailer as such. i just typed in to youtube the vale audiogame. here, i will link, to 2 of the videos. the first, is to a quest, posted it seemed 4 weeks ago, the second, is a link to the opening scene of the game. all in 3d audio

Quest

https://youtu.be/pYQdTjDA_M8

opening scene (i see 2 people mentioned, but wondering how we upgrade their skills)

https://youtu.be/XNL3Fwj0Gks

it seems a story-driven game, so i assume, as say in echos from levia, you cannot diviate, and it isn't an open world, but i assume for those of us who have signed up to play, will find out. any news on replayability? and skills the male and or female, can gain?

2018-10-30 20:27:40

The voice acting is fantastic. I’m a bit trepidatious of the fact that the main character is blind. That seems a touch overdone. Nonetheless, I’m excited for this.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2018-10-30 20:43:15

I feel the hype. Good luck testing guys!

We live on a hunk of rock and metal that circles a humdrum star that is one of 400 billion other stars that make up the Milky Way Galaxy which is one of billions of other galaxies which make up a universe which may be one of a very large number, perhaps an infinite number, of other universes. That is a perspective on human life and our culture that is well worth pondering.
Carl Sagan

2018-10-30 21:05:08

The acting seems quite well done, as others have said, and I very much appreciate the ability to choose gender as most don't give thought to this. I don't care as much about combat as I do quality of story and atmosphere/acting, so I am very much curious and excited for what lies in store.

2018-10-30 22:25:46

Hello.

The combat in the quest seamed quite fast, so I think it might be a bit of a challange. Either way, the voice  acting is good.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-10-31 01:24:23

Hi:

The voice acting sounds awesome. Any idea of final price on release?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2018-10-31 01:37:21

A short Google search got me to the game’s main page. I am excited to learn that you can change your armor and I assume armaments. And I hope exploration is fleshed out. I’m excited!

2018-10-31 02:52:01

Do I need a game controller for this game? I hope not, as I really don't have one, plus, don't really wanna get one right now. Me hopes I can play with just the keyboard and mouse if possible.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2018-10-31 03:33:23

Looking forward to this, I've subscribed as well.
From the quest demo though, seems like it is another of the block and attack games a la Blind Legend, but at least it seems much faster. lol

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-10-31 08:23:22

i also signed up this is going to be awesome

regards
Hannes Fouche
Access gaming my YouTube channel https://youtube.com/channel/UC8CshzvGHEy2eR5L86nMM5A

2018-10-31 08:26:45

From the posted videos I can see you can play using keyboard or controller. That is so good as I prefer playing on my DS4 one so yeah, nice! smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-10-31 12:28:25

hello.
i subscribed to this email list and i waited longtime.
but i recieved nothing.
what should i do?
of course, i checked spam folder.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2018-10-31 13:18:27

you don't get a confirmation you are subscribed; we just have to wait now for news.

2018-10-31 15:22:20

aha, thanks.

hi. i am a dark matter miner. yeah, i am setting mines that when something steps on it, it will explode and release huge amount of dark matters. oh sorry... i am a slave miner, i am mining dark matters...

2018-11-03 12:58:58

hello guys, i subscribed to mailing list of this game but i didn't recive any emails yet. what's the news about this game?

2018-11-03 15:27:57

i'm sure we get news, when it is available.

2018-11-03 21:39:09

high, @46 when you got news about this game please inform me. i looked at the vidio of this game and it was interesting for me. i hope it release soon.

2018-11-03 21:45:34

hi i think those who signed up on the list, will get the news all at the same time.

2018-11-05 02:48:43

Hello everyone,
Thanks for keeping the hype alive here, it's greatly appreciated!

I want to reassure everyone that we haven't forgotten about you, even though a mailer hasn't gone out yet. We're still trying to to get as many people as possible signed up before we begin sending out more info. So spread the word!! 

I also want to get to everyone's questions, but unfortunately I don't have the time to go into great detail, so hopefully I can sate your appetites with some quick answers and promise to address things in further detail later down the road.

1)The Vale is coming out on PC for Windows. We are definitely open to porting or reversioning The Vale for other platforms after we release.  It will be fairly priced and won't break the bank.
2) The Vale supports keyboard controls, but we highly recommend players use a controller. The force feedback and directional input make the game more immersive. 

3) The combat system:
Our combat system definitely draws similarities from games like Blind Legend. This is indeed a simple mechanic, but just because a game mechanic is simple doesn't mean the gameplay has to be.  The beta only scratches the surface of the combat system, offering the player a chance to get the basic mechanics of attacking, blocking, and countering. The full game will include a magic system, skills, boss fights, and different equipment.  Area of effect attacks, status ailments, enemies with multiple attacks, stamina buff/debuffing,  and more will add a tactical layer to a tried-and-true mechanic.

The goal of Falling Squirrel is to create games that allow players of all levels of vision to have an equitable and inclusive experience. This includes players who do not consider themselves gamers due to inexperience as a result of a comparative lack of content in the audio game marketplace. We are doing our best to create a system that is relatively easy to pick-up and play, but has the capability to provide challenge and utilize a growing skill-ceiling. So it isn't that we think that members of the BLV community are ignorant of games, but that we want to reach people that are blind or low-vision who could be interested in accessible games as well as ones that are currently interested.

I think I've addressed everyone's posts for now, but please ask around.

That's all for now, folks. But I'll be in touch soon.

-Jamie

Check out our youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCndQeZ … -z80xJBiZQ
And our website at: www.fallingsquirrel.com

2018-11-05 07:24:34

Hi there, I've signed to the mailing list. I'd love to become a beta tester!