2018-10-15 16:34:36

Hey guys,

one short question, how can I change to another plot of land when I have sent the merchand card. I tried nearly everything, but I didn't know how to do it.

- JoeFoeGames
Visit
YouTube, Facebook, Twitter
to be up to the latest News.

2018-10-15 20:15:13

press p.

2018-10-17 16:52:25

wow....I actually miss this game

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2018-10-18 22:57:09

Same here, this is in my top 5 favorite audio games for sure. I'll be over the moon if it gets updated.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-19 13:17:32

Castaways 2 is my favorite game ever. I do like Castaways one but Castaways 2 is the ultimate game!

If it didn't reset I would build worlds. I'd have enough apples to build a fifty foot high pie and raise enough chickens to stuff every drill thrawl in existance….

Hold on,

Drill Thrawl, wrong show, but yu get it.

Aprone is the best game creator ever!

Atty sets down a big trophy in shape of a keyboard with a woolly little sheep on it. It reads,

Greatest Game Creator Ever!

Star Struck,
A

2018-10-30 12:59:36

Hi.
Please, Aprone, could You remove this problem with language issue?
It means, that We must switch language to English, because It doesn't view everything and there are misstakes, for example pressing left arrow on Tall grass It says terrain of. not terrain of tall grass.
Could You look on It?
Thank You.

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2018-10-30 13:49:10

can we also have a persistent castaways 2 server? i hate resets lol

2018-10-31 06:42:01

Lol, that's why I never played online, but I think I might have said that somewhere before in here.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2018-10-31 12:41:21

yeah i hate putting all that work into building up only to have it reset at the end of each month.

2019-04-07 12:12:59

Hey there,

I got a short question, is the current Castaways server still being reseted every month? So that I have to start from scratch?
Thanks for an answer.

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-04-07 13:17:31

Yes, it is. However, today is only April 7th, so you still have 23 days left for this month. Plus today is Sunday. Some additional buildings and jobs start being available every Wednesday and Friday, starting you off with only the default jobs and buildings every Sunday and not working on a monthly course how it should be. This dates back to when the server would be reset once a week, when Aprone simply forgot about changing this behavior along with the monthly resets. Hence, today would be a fine choice for starting a new game on Castaways II I suppose.

Errare humanum est!

2019-04-08 00:03:53

damb wish he would make it persistent...

2019-04-08 09:11:58

@the blasting gd: thanks for the info. what do you mean with the additional buildings and jobs? are they only available on these days or are they being added to the game permanently?

- Eagle Ear Entertainment
YouTube
Twitch
Mastodon

2019-04-08 13:41:19

@EagleEarEntertainment, some buildings and jobs are only available a few days of the week. Every Wednesday for example, the factory becomes available with a few jobs such as the ability to steam eggs, where you can make five eggs with only one firewood instead of needing one firewood per egg. You'll also be able to build a castle and a city later in the week, plus some more jobs will pop up in the factory which will let you mine much more efficiently.

Errare humanum est!

2019-04-08 16:19:33

hey aprone please make a persistent server for this game!

2019-04-16 12:07:27

So, does anyone play on the multiplayer side anymore?
I'm playing the single game and loving it, but I'm curiousabout the online version.
Is the server dead or are some people still playing?

2019-04-16 20:35:15

I believe what set a lot of people off from the game was it resetting. I know it was done for balance and all, but for people like me who only get to play for small lengths of time at a time it was a major setback. If the game wasn't being constantly reset I'm sure you'd see players swarming the server. I remember playing the game myself, only to discover... Surprise! Everything you have resets at the end of the month! Not to mention, but sometimes you're not in the mood for castaways and you decide to not play that weekend. Well, you're screwed now if the only time you play are Saturdays and Sundays, since there are 3 weeks in a month, sometimes 4. I loved the concept, I truly did. However, I wasn't able to play the game constantly and was reset as soon as I had anything major to work with.

2019-04-16 20:47:35

Well said, I completely agree. I'm still holding out hope that an updated offline version will surface one day. I love this game, and that's high praise from me since I've become quite picky about which audio games I like and that actually hold my interest over time. This is one of the few that has. While I don't really play it anymore due to the limitations of the offline version, it's still a truly great game.

2019-04-16 21:49:45

yes the concept is brilliant but the reset is a real killer for me.

2019-04-17 09:25:41

I wonder why Aprone wouldn't change it around.
All the time I've been on here, he's been so great about developing, and fixing things if we asked.
I wonder if we could contact him some other way, like on his website, and make a request.

2019-04-17 17:01:23

This is one of the best games ever and I love the online stuff. Now it would b nice to have an no-attack mode but if the game didn't reset every month I could suck up the damage taken with a robbery, but when you build so far and get knocked down so hard that there is no way to recover anything, it is discouraging.

Now the single person mode, I would love to play it but it has limitations and I would be very willing to pay for those limitations to be lifted, like being able to do the quests and get a new plot.

As it stands it is a fabulous game. Maybe Aprone is afraid we'd never leave his server if it didn't reset. LOL
A

2019-04-17 17:02:17

And maybe we'd not leave our houses, never work again and just live in his world.
Until we all starve.
A

2019-04-17 19:10:06

Hi everyone!

The game seems to have developped quite a lot since my last try. Maybe someone could tell me where I should download the latest Version? Somehow it seems to me that the installer on Aprones official site is the same one which I have downloaded and installed at least a year or so ago. Would be grateful for some info?

Thanks and Kind regards from Daniel.

-------------

What's yours is mine and what's mine is mine too
If you shake my hand better count your fingers  (Megadeth)

2019-04-18 00:35:07 (edited by the blasting gd 2019-04-18 00:36:52)

If he worried we'd never leave his server I think he slightly overdid it. There are barely people online anymore. Yes, the server is still up, but it might as well not be considering the attention this game gets these days. I would love to play more, but being close to alone on the server makes for a rather dull experience. The reason for resetting the server is that at some point players would get too powerful and there wouldn't be much point to go against them in either way. Competing with them in terms of high score would be impossible as stronger players would have an easier time getting a better score. Even if Aprone only reset the score, people with 20 factories, for example, would have a clear advantage, if they got to keep all their stuff. Now, if weather patterns were added to the game, people could lose stuff randomly. This could replace a reset, but losing things is what repelled people from the concept of resets in the first place. Attacks fall into the same category. If there were no disasters, resets or attacks, people would just be able to keep building up things, which would get boring after some time I reckon. After all, if there is no greater goal to be reached, what is the purpose of playing the game? Because if some people managed to get an enormous score, which would eventually happen without any reset, new players wouldn't even have to try working on their scores. Keep in mind that trying and failing to come up with a new approach to fix this problem is what lead Aprone to quit the development of this project, which is why, danielpicard, no new version of this game has been released for more than a year, meaning that the version on Aprone's website is indeed the latest one. I think that's quite a shame, since Castaways II can be quite fun and would have had great potential for more content.

Errare humanum est!

2019-04-18 05:43:42

What about a reset every three months, or something like that?
A compromise that would give new players a chance, but also let longtime players develop quite a bit.