2018-10-29 04:55:16

Hello all. When installing PyCrypto, a dependency of AGK, I get an error about the Microsoft Visual C++ Build tools. Is there any way to fix this? (Aside from forgetting about AGK and using pyaudiogame, big_smile)

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-29 08:44:49 (edited by pauliyobo 2018-10-29 08:45:13)

you should get the visual studio c++ redistributable  I think.
As for  pyaudiogame, I thinkthat's abandoned. So is AGK, though.

Paul

2018-10-29 12:49:11

Hi there,
I am asuming AGK is for App Game kit... Is it accessible? I downloaded it some time ago but never understoot how to compile using the command line or use the AGK editor.

Any tips?

2018-10-29 14:44:44

Wait wait wait... Are we talking of the same AGK here (audio game  kit)?
If yes, I didn't even know it had an editor

Paul

2018-10-29 17:17:52

oh, sorry. No, I was talking about app game kit, a cross platform game engine hehehe.

2018-10-29 18:59:19

I have 2 different versions of the MS Visual C++ redistributables, and the error said something about build tools.

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2018-10-30 17:04:18 (edited by cartertemm 2018-10-30 17:05:33)

Are you running under python 3? If so, pycrypto has been abandoned in favour of the pycryptodome port. If it's absolutely required though, you should be able to get the former up and running rather easily.

First, install visual studio (I like VS code) and the microsoft visual C++ redistributable for python.

Now run vsvars32.bat or whatever from your VS directory, usually c:\program files (x86)\\microsoft visual studio year\\common7\\tools.

From their, run:

set CL=-FI"%VCINSTALLDIR%\INCLUDE\stdint.h"

then instal pycrypto with pip
pip install pycrypto

You should now be able to use the module relatively easily. Remember, however, that their are better solutions available.

I'd personally recommend just importing pycrptodome as Crypto, as their are no differences to the API.

This worked on my machine, visual studio 2017 running under windows 10