2018-10-25 18:05:12

Hi guys,
so this one's difficult. In Oh Shit, a select few tend to get this error, which prevents them from playing. It seems to be with the Jaws API, yet I am perfectly able to play the game with Jaws on my system (I never use it for playing, but nevertheless it works with the game, doesn't prevent it from running, and reads menus).
So, here's that error they get. Any ideas what causes it, so I can fix it or at least research how to and write a guide or program to do it externally? The library used is Accessible Output2.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "the.py", line 7, in <module>
  File "functions.py", line 148, in mainmenu
  File "classes.py", line 17, in __init__
  File "classes.py", line 26, in find_tts
  File "accessible_output2\outputs\auto.py", line 12, in __init__
    self.outputs.append(output())
  File "accessible_output2\outputs\jaws.py", line 16, in __init__
    self.object = load_com("FreedomSci.JawsApi", "jfwapi")
  File "site-packages\libloader\com.py", line 15, in load_com
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 536, in EnsureDispatch
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 520, in EnsureModule
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 287, in MakeModuleForTypelib
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\makepy.py", line 286, in GenerateFromTypeLibSpec
  File "site-packages\win32com\client\gencache.py", line 554, in AddModuleToCache
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'CLSIDToClassMap'

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2018-10-25 18:20:11

hi,
go to %localappdata%\temp
then, delete the gen_py folder and you will be good to go.

2018-10-26 06:49:01

JAWS, Junky accessibility working stupidly

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2018-11-07 20:40:25

I use BGT so I get no errors with the output libraries, unless I'm trying to get SAPI4 working. I know nothing about other languages like Python.
But try the solution which was in post 2, although I'd backup the directory he toled you to delete, just in case it doesn't work.

Regards
T-m

2018-11-11 05:20:47

To fix this problem, try to ensure that the jfw api is registered as a com ovject, run regsvr32 <path_to_jfwapi.dll>