2018-10-07 17:36:43 (edited by Orin 2018-10-07 17:38:25)

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Xbox app capturing using OBS? I have figured out how to get video to capture with AirServer and iOS to do mobile game playthroughs, even though that isn't the best experience and could use something better.

However with my latest Madden stream I had Window Capture trying to capture the xbox app since AirServer works with it.

I'm sure if you're on PS4 or Xbox you're probably thinking, well, just use the internal broadcasting tools on the console. No.

1. The game audio to microphone audio ratio is too unbalanced. You have two settings on PS4, to either have game audio be dominant or Microphone audio be dominant. Neither setting suits me.
Same on the xbox with Mixer. I could probably use OCR to set up Twitch, but there'd still be audio issues.
2. With OBS, I can pretty much capture anything on my computer. With OBS Studio in particular, there some pretty good mic gain and noise reduction settings that I have to crank up to make this crappy headset mic sound okay, but my point is that it's there.

Also, in regard to resizing, I fit and center the window to the screen. In most cases that's usually okay right?

I want to get this video thing situated because I'm sure that one of the reasons why my Twitch follower/subscriber count hasn't gone up. One day capturing will work and I'll have video, next video I won't and that's a turn off. I know that I have a few sighted viewers due to being involved with mainstream Virtual Airlines.

At least I figured out Mobile capture, though that isn't the best experience ever when using the iOS device due to Bluetooth.