2018-09-29 13:34:36

what kind of nvda  addons you use and what for?

i want to switch nvda totally sometimes, but due to some main feetures missing i still keep jaws set on my comp.

For example: form listing with f5 or any other alternative to that is not existed as i know with nvda and control+f function doesn't work properly with chrom as well are there any alternatives to that?

Additionally i love elequence, but with nvda, voice pitch and the way how it reads is still  suck, it could be most likely due to elequence is barried in Jaws itself.

how can i handle those? and additionally; what other addons you use and find useful?

i could divide this subjects in 2 topics, but rather than creating an other one and have a mess, i wanted to talk about itt here.

2018-09-29 15:33:00

In coding, if its python or if you just care about indentation because whatever reason, go into document settings, control NVDA D and hit Alt I to get to indent reporting, set it to tones. Go install the Indent Nav addon which is very useful. It lets you jump by same indent level, so putting it on a line that's the start of a block will take you to the end of that block, etc. Then you have the ability to go to the parent block or the child block, so if you're in a in  statement inside a for loop, and just wanted to jump out of the if statement, NVDA Alt left arrow would do that. The report indents by tone option lets you hear what's indented. When the indent changes, the tone does, but it will not play the tone for every line you navigate, only where there is a change in indent level will it give you a tone.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-29 18:47:20

@ironcross

would you give me some input about the other things i've said above? what do you think of those?

2018-09-29 19:25:26 (edited by Perzeus 2018-09-29 19:27:25)

Hi there.
Let me explain you as best as I can
First of all, I am using resource monitor to control my computer's ram status, Cpu, or that diskspace.
Speech history: I can copy that something nvda said like clipcopy, but it's different. You can press shift+f11, or Shift+F12 to navigate 150 or 200 works, I do not remember, nvda speaked, then you can copy with the F12.
İnstant translate: you may know that addon, it's a translater, I am using to translate another languages to english. it's simple.
Unspoken 3D audio addon:
This addon, adds some clicking sounds like voice over if you are using iphone, you will understand what I am trying to say.
İt helps me to see what is what, like forms, buttons and mutch more.
of course nvda remote big_smile, I think you know that
No beeps speech mode:
if you press the nvda+s, it says speech of, then if you press it again, speech beeps, this addon removes the beeps thing, just speech on and off.
emoticons:
It can help to understand some emoticons if you are blind.
Sorry for my long writing guys.
enjoy!

2018-09-29 20:56:15

so any modification that i can do for elequence on nvda? and what about form listting as well?

2018-09-29 23:09:53

Hmm, i kinda like JGT, Clipcopy, Screen curtain, and 3d audio themes, stopped to use it a long time ago though.

2018-10-01 19:07:51

*bump***