2018-09-16 19:18:01 (edited by Niklas 2018-09-16 19:20:07)

In addition to my suggestions regarding battles, it could be even an possible happening that your or the enemy units could make prisoners of units from the other side. And the battles could vary in size, from little encounters and fights wich are short, to middle size ones and even realy epic battles with lots of action going on wich last long. In short and little ones, stealth and shadowy attacks could be cool, while in realy epic and big battles that makes not so much sense, since there is so much noise and destruction around you. some of these elements could be even good in quests or in expeditions if they come in.

2018-09-16 21:46:30

hello,
i made, a mod, a sound pack or what ever you call it.
it currontly have 2ambs for the battles, and er, if i remember that right, a sound for arresting in throne encountures and execute.
but whaistlander needs to add those anyway, but you guys also can use them as long as you give me a liddle credit,
anyway enough babbling
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5103nriqpib1 … m.zip?dl=1

2018-09-16 22:07:11 (edited by defender 2018-09-16 22:09:55)

You usually get prisoners for defeating a kingdom, but it would be kind of cool if you'd take some each battle, dependent on the type of attack your doing, especially since you don't get any for defeating mines and forts and stuff.
With the prison yard, usefulness of bandits to get gold back in the start of the game, and the advanced barracks able to make bandits even more useful as converted units later in the game when that's all done with, I can see this being a good reason to use those other attack types, since people seem to rarely use them right now.
Plus maybe you could set a law about taking or not taking prisoners in battles, which could effect your popularity.
Prison upkeep costs, if they don't already exist, paying for food and beds and such, would be good too, especially if you could raise and lower them, making the prison more or less comfortable and leading to popularity loss/gain or better relationships with bandits.

2018-09-16 23:17:19

nice ideas as well. BTW: @wastelander, will the game of thrones mod come back again in the game as an option for example? It would be cool to have mods or sound packs like the one omer made to have in the game and selectable as options to the default game. Or maybe an in game downloader or an option to download the mods and save them in a direction of the games folder, were it recognizes them as optional things and puts them into a menu for selecting.

2018-09-17 03:23:14

Hey all, beginning bug squashing smile The thing i noticed is that fort aslona is named fort gorthmek on the about fort menu. Like. 4 about fort gorthmek, but it is in fact fort Aslona smile

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-09-17 06:41:35

anyone knows the answer to chelobs riddles? i've figured   most of them but i'm stuck in the gift one

2018-09-17 08:59:20

Hi there. Could someone give me a working download link? The link that the developer put on their signiture doesn't work, Gives me a bad request error, Code 400

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-17 09:49:34

That version is super old and incredibly out of date anyway, I'll just buy it for you man, I'd be happy to. Just wait till like the 20th or so.
I posted a couple links on the warsim request topic in general games that should let you know what the game is like.

2018-09-17 18:23:29

@arnold18: Even if you take over the fort it will still be named fort gorthmek, name will not alter to Aslona.

Is there a way to check your gifted keys for the game, I think Huw gave me one a long time ago?

2018-09-17 18:38:46

what  are those? maybe i can find the answer to that riddle if i know it

2018-09-17 19:31:32

Steam keys for the game

2018-09-17 19:53:17

when did they do it? i mean in which version of the game they gave away free keys

2018-09-17 20:01:13

they didn't give away free keys

2018-09-17 21:25:12

BUG: in the little book rental stall: there is two (4) options and the last one doesn't work.

@wastelander: we really need a bug report thread in Reddit, since it's more important than other trivial threads. Then, we don't have to make a new post for every bug or several bugs; I sometimes refrain from reporting a single bug or two for the fear of you not seeing it.

thanks

2018-09-18 03:18:26

@Vylcount, i'm talking about specificaly fort Aslona. If you rebuild it, and instate a general, and see the menu, the 4 option is named about forth gorthmek, not about fort Aslona.

2018-09-18 12:30:33

@Niklas, yep a lot of this has actually already been suggested and noted down for combat, when the combat finally gets overhauled I'll include a lot of this hopefully

@Vylcount, what do you mean it's a welsh thing you cheeky bugger! wyf fi yn siarad Cymraeg?

@Omer, thanks I'll check it out!

@Niklas, actually I've been looking at this very recently, I would like to add a mods folder, I may actually update the game of thrones mod and create some new ones too

@Arnold18 thanks I'll check it out

@Vylcount, just caught that stall bug myself, I'll give you the cred though hahaha, as for the bug report, the problem is I don't like clogging the sub with sticky posts but feel free to add them to the suggestions thread, next time I repost it I will name it suggestions and bugs

Right guys, I'm off to Amsterdam for a week, if I can cram my laptop into my little bag I'll continue coding but otherwise little hiatus

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2018-09-18 12:44:24

can you give me a little hint    to solve that gift riddle thing

2018-09-18 17:22:39

@alireza What version came out in christmas? smile Hint hint. Any hints about the combination on the ancient door though? Have absolutely no idea.

2018-09-19 07:02:48

i don't know because i've got the game recently

2018-09-19 14:15:59

Use internet, it'll tell you smile

2018-09-19 15:35:47

i checked the logs on steam but no version has been released on christmas

2018-09-19 18:56:13

All right, spoilers ahead smile It was something do with a christmas update, but the answer is either 656 or 654, if i remember right. Was a few weeks ago since i did that riddle.

2018-09-26 05:10:02

woohoo, glad to see you back from the netherlands healthy and save, Huw. I read it on redit just yet, since I wanted to look into it. Great to hear that the update is in the works, it will be a very promising one for the black market I think. BTW: Does warsim even work on win 7 or even XP as well? Just out of interest.

2018-09-26 06:32:36

warsim does work on win 7 as that's what I play it on.

2018-09-27 20:06:30

I don't know, i found the ancient door combination easy enough if you look at other features of the sewers.  Granted, the amount of spam I got for doing the obviously evil action when entering was hilarious.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search