2018-09-10 21:36:29

Hello all.
I am developing a new fps game.
I need a dev to help. I know bgt, i’m not super fluent yet. Anyone interested pm me or reply.
Also, before everyone goes off that this is a redspot clone, its not.
I’ll admit, i tried making this a while back, and i did use some rs, tk and stw code. However, now, i am writing it from scratch.
Anyone interested pm me or reply to this topic
Thanks

PS
The game will be online

Regards,
Ty
If you like this post, why not thumb it up?

2018-09-11 02:50:06

How exactly did you get TK and the stw code? Maybe I shouldn't help you, since this post claims you are using my code already.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2018-09-11 11:39:37

Why does everybody need to start their development with an online FPS and not with something which isn't out there already?

2018-09-11 15:12:58

I got the code threw a db folder if u must know. And you need to learn to read a hole post lmao. I said i am rewriting from that.
Also, u act like u didn’t use stolen code for tk.
@post 3:
I am making it because redspot and tk are gone. The only online fps now is swamp.

Regards,
Ty

2018-09-11 17:51:06

I wish some one develop an online farming game.

Paul

2018-09-11 18:04:08

Lol I wish someone developed a civ game in audio, not necesarily online but it could be, with the different forms of victory included, wouldn't have to be as complex as civ VI but something like the original civilisation could probably be done by a small team.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-09-11 18:10:33

There's firefight now. You also got RTR, redspot will come back at some point, and as you said you have TK. On the other hand, games mentioned here are never coded. If you are a newbie, start small, and not look for help to get fame on an online FPS. It's getting really old. Start with small offline games until you are familiar with programming. Managing an online FPS isn't as simple as you might think, even if you do code it and it's definitely something you don't do as a first big project.

2018-09-11 18:29:10

tk and stw are not published
I can help you if you want

2018-09-11 18:44:27

Allow me to clear something up. When I said I’m not super fluent with  Bgt, I meant on line. I can easily make an off-line game. I’ve done it many times. Hell, i have about 30 small offline games. And thanks mahdi. Regarding that farm game, Paul, i can easily make that offline.  As I said, I can’t do much online bgt shit. Guess I should’ve said that in post one. big_smile

Regards,
Ty

2018-09-11 19:47:11

When reading your post, a couple questions make themselves evident.

The collaberation your proposing really doesn't sound appealing. first of all, each and every project starts with a vision or idea with individual contributions that when added together greatly enhance the final product. If someone has the qualifications you require, they could simply make an FPS of their own. I don't see any background, other than the fact you claim your not fluent in the language but have coded 30 games so your actually somewhat decent, and that within itself doesn't seem like anything other than a contradiction.

Consider this a job application. Right now your trying to convince us to help you out with a game you'd like to create, which requires a great deal of time investment. Why should we help you? What can you bring to the table? You say you've coded 30 games, which implies some knowledge. So what's been stopping you from diving into the BGT network object? What will your project look like? What sets it apart from swamp, redspot, RTR, etc? Can we have a look at some of these games to gage your skillset? Until then, I don't see a reason to contribute, although I wish you luck and will certainly give feedback on release.

2018-09-11 22:21:34

Woe carter you nailed it buddy! And yeah, we do need something new like I told you about my game ideas, I guess the community is hungry for a new style of fps. Hel I should be the one asking for help here, because I bring totally new and crazy ideas for an online fps here. So guys ... I don't want to make a new topic for this. That's why I posted here.

2018-09-11 22:38:06

but why always fps?
Why not, simulation games?  why not strategic ones?
Like, it seems as if every developer needs to make his own FPS, because it's a trend.
We currently have, or had something like 5 FPS that I can count which are:
- Swamp
- Redspot
- FireFight
- RTR (road to rage)
- the killer (TK)
I mean, I don't have nothing against FPS, and by all means, feel free to release new games but it's seems as if everyone want to release an FPS at all costs
With that said, my intention is not to cause a flamewar in here. I was just wondering.

Paul

2018-09-11 22:41:18

OK well. Mine is fpk. First person killer. Lol. It requires killing but in a totally different way. Better now?

2018-09-12 00:28:03 (edited by kianoosh 2018-09-12 00:29:47)

I pick myself for an example here. I never played online mainstream games that weren't fps. Hell, I don't have enough experience in online mainstream games, Just played GTA SA a bit and left it. A lot of us are probably like me that's why we have this amount of first person shooters. Although I really liked first person shooter games from the time i begun playing mainstream games, Also known as my childhood haha.
I didn't have headphone those times, So i always asked people to play my favorite game and i was listening to what they do, Simpley because i couldn't do missions, And i didn't have the knowledge to go to the youtube and search for gameplays and playing first person shooters like others was my wish. When i played rtr, Or better say one of the first first person shooter games(or possibly the first) I was really excited. Wow that was epick for a child in my age. I really liked it. Many people from my country came around rtr and we all could play together. FOr these reasons and possibly even more reasons that I don't have the time to write cause it's 2:56 AM here Almost every game i coded was first-person shooter style. Now what I really like to do is coding a game like call of duty, With the nearest quality the same as call of duty seerees i can make it, Not in bgt this time lol.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2018-09-12 01:08:57 (edited by defender 2018-09-15 06:13:58)

Please no more BGT fps's especially online ones! they just don't work right in certain areas no matter what you do, and those issues that you can make workarounds for are often clunky at best. I promise that it will make you want to kill your self within a couple weeks of development if not before.
Go learn python or C++ or Electron or something, please, save us all the misery, especially your self...

2018-09-12 02:22:13

kianoosh wrote:

When i played rtr, Or better say one of the first first person shooter games(or possibly the first) I was really excited.

There were a handful of audio FPS games before RTR.  Some of them were around years before it, but one I can think of came out 11 years before RTR.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2018-09-12 09:18:47

Lol typing mistake. I meant one of the first person shooter style games I played. Yeah i know i played some of those older ones as well though they were offline i don't know if there were any online ones as well. Although i played swamp as well but cause of not having pay pal, credit card and the very expensive dollar I never had a chance to play swamp online. I got swamp before i played rtr i think that's why i said this

---

2018-09-12 14:19:25

Hi there.
I can help you too if you want.

2018-09-16 05:21:18

hi all. just thought I would put this on this topic, in stead of making a whole new topic and cluttering up this forum. I'm interested in bgt, I've tried looking at the source for some games, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I'm absolutely clueless. so, if someone can help me make a start on bgt, then I would be so so so thankful!

2018-09-16 10:06:10

we're migrating away from BGT.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-16 11:24:50

@20 that post is very asooming. It basically states that *every* single person in this comunity will stop using bgt in the near future. I highly doubt this, especially since some games that still get updates are made with that very language.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-09-16 12:27:59

We can simpley give him his answer and put it upon him wheather if he wants to migrate or stay with bgt.
You can simpley read the bgt.chm file, Although from the very first section you see which is the language tutorial and pay attention to it's contents. You might not understand everything wrote in their but you will. Later.

---

2018-09-16 12:47:12 (edited by Saman 2018-09-16 12:52:06)

Greetings. The only lesson i learned from BGT is not to use shortcuts ever.
"BGT, which stands for Blastbay Game Toolkit, allows you to spend all your valuable time coming up with new great ideas and concepts, rather than wasting months struggling with never-ending programming guides that don't make any sense to begin with."
Seriously that's not the way that world works.
Regards

2018-09-16 21:40:23

Hahahah I have to agree on this. When you get more into programming and game developments, You'll see how your ideas are going to be wasted because bgt simply can't handle things that might have a high CPU usage, It might mess up sounds as well, It doesn't have multi threading support which honestly is a huge weakness in online games, As well as offline games that have a tun of objects working at the same time mainly fps-style games. The good thing about bgt is that it makes you ready to learn other programming languages. And the bad thing that happens at the same time is that you really get use to it and can never leave it because probably other programming languages are going to be hard and you still think bgt is the easiest programming language thus "I better stick to this for now". "now=A looooong time"

---

2018-09-17 08:28:38

what is easier to learn, and which out of the two is more productive, game-developing-wise. bgt, or pure basic.