2018-09-13 19:48:45

Hi,
I heard that discord's  accessibility is being worked on a couple months ago or so, but today I returned to it and it's worse than before.
The entire window is covered with unlabeled buttons and graphics without alt text, and I can't really see things, I pressed enter on one of those clickable graphic blah blah blahs and my "friends", "direct messages" etc links reappeared. The annoying thing is, when I open up a chat and type something, I have no clue how to send it. Pressing enter inside the textbox doesn't seem to work, and the buttons near it are all unlabeled.
Am I missing something? Is there any configuration   I need to set to make it more accessible?
any instruction or help or directing me to somewhere that I can read on how to use it more comfortably is greatly appreciated.

2018-09-14 03:54:30

Are you running the public beta builds?  I just looked at mine and it's fine, everything labeled and everything.

2018-09-14 08:49:34

wierd, I just tried both versions, the stable one and the beta, same problems.
I'm using NVDA by the way, in case if it matters.

2018-09-14 15:12:43

Hmm. Very strange. Everything seems to be in working order for me as well. Definitely some unlabeled buttons, but I don't think these buttons were ever labeled. Pressing enter is sending messages. The only buttons that should be visable on the message bar are the emoticon button below the message box, and the send files button above it.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-09-14 15:56:56

Working fine here as well.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2018-09-14 17:28:45

frustrating. I'm going to remove it completely and reinstall it. Are you guys using the stable version or the public beta?

2018-09-14 22:32:21

I believe I am using the stable version.

I have a website now.
"C: God's Programming Language
C++: The object-oriented programming language of a pagan deity" -- The Red Book
"There, but for the grace of God go I"

2018-09-15 00:51:15

Stable version here I believe.

2018-09-18 04:06:00

Interesting. I'm using the desktop client without many problems. With server buttons being properly named, the buttons for mute/deafen being labelled and the button to enter your user settings being visible and labelled too, it's become a lot easier.

There are a few buttons still unlabelled, but I'd say it's becoming pretty decent. It's at least great to know they're finally starting looking into accessibility after so many years.

2018-09-23 22:25:44

Hi how can i add my friend on discord i try that but nothing happened i tipe this in the add a friend field Želko Kovačević as user name and his discord 4 digits number after that nothing happened and i can't send the friend request. Regards, Karlitos