2018-09-11 19:43:58

Hello,
I'm creating this topic for discussion on the Aurora game. An article about it was posted on the articles room..
The game is really complex and screen-reader wize isn't exactly acessible, it requires Jaws curssor and a lot of the tab key.
This topic is for questions or issues.
I'm alsso trying to see if an nvda addon could be created for this game.

2018-09-12 14:16:47

If anyone wants to know more about the game, check its two articles, on the articles room. The game has a large wiki and looks fun, if you, like me, enjoy strategy, resource management and doing everything from recruiting troops to sending your fleet of ships in enemi attacks against other civilizations.
The game is of-line and is completely text, it appears to be very complex.

2018-09-13 04:55:00

Hi, All.

I freely admit I dropped the ball a bit on my Aurora articles, partially because the game has a few more issues on WINdows 10 than I remembered/realized. I ended up installing a virtual machine running Windows XP to play, which also side-steps the resolution requirement, since you can set the VM to whatever size you want.

That being said, I'm here now, and happy to discuss and answer questions. The game is a bit idiosyncratic, but definitely worth exploring, if you can put up with the weird interface and get used to the way it does things.

2018-09-13 17:07:24

@zkline
I have replied to your pm, man.
From what I was able to see of the interface, the game is really complex and good. It appears to be worth it, you only have to learn how to play and how to navigte the interface.

2018-09-13 18:27:40

I haven't got the PM yet, maybe there's a delay? Will be happy to answer questions here as well, of course.

2018-09-13 18:36:07

The mistake was on my part, message sent. I will probably have to try to play the game through a virtual machine