2018-09-11 08:44:00

Hi all. So I called Samsung today to ask if they had voice assist on the watches just like they do on their phones. They tell me that they do not and that it is impossible to do so because the screen is too small for the gestures. I explained to them about the Apple watch's and how possible it is. And things went strange from their. So my question is, would anyone be willing to help me in creating a petition and having as many people sign it as we can to have them add voice assist to their watches. Thanks a lot.

2018-09-11 14:47:30

Not when most people here and in the blindness community are perfectly content with Apple Watches and everything related.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-11 16:28:12

Voice assistant disgusts me and enrages me to the point where I nearly broke a phone, the problem is, it wasn't even my phone to break so I was glad I was able to control myself.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-09-12 01:41:12

I'd be curious to know why... and specifically, what phone it is.. because voice assistant on the galaxy s8 works like a charm and is my daily driver.

Discord: clemchowder633

2018-09-12 01:49:20 (edited by Chris 2018-09-12 01:51:58)

Do the Samsung watches run Android Wear? If so, I believe there is a version of TalkBack available. If not, they need to make their own screen reader. That excuse about the screen being too small is pure bullshit! If Apple made these mainstream technologies blind accessible, there's no excuse any other manufacturer can make as to why they can't do it. They probably don't think it's worth the time and effort.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2018-09-12 02:11:53

patitions as have been mentioned many times on here, don't work unfortunately. that's why I carry a phone in my pocket, and use a braille watch. why have a remote control for my phone on my wrist that makes me a target for muggers and costs a lot of money.

I know people like them and have their reasons but I just really can't find a point in IWatches or similar, unless you want to show off that you have money to waste, or you were grew up in the early 80's and think you're talking to kit from nightrider.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-09-12 03:26:40

Before this thread gets completely over the rail line, the Galaxy Watch does indeed have "Voice Assistant" on the watch.

Hasve their been audio demos on it, sadly no, not as of this writing.

However, here's a mention about it, thanks to the following watch unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBFgaUNKkBc&t=4s