2018-08-14 19:51:33 (edited by defender 2018-08-15 11:16:37)

Bookrage, Shouldn't matter no.

Just finished checking out the new stuff, not bad!
Those songs in the royal throne room are fun, even if your not the best singer Huw LOL
Oh by the way, now that I've messed with the monster fighting in the royal throne room more, I see that most fights are actually pretty decent, it's just that the monsters with powerful body parts are essentially instakillers.
Anyway, here's a bunch more stuff I noticed while playing with everything unlocked, though I know some of it must just be placeholder stuff that's already planned on being added in the next update or two.
Their is a trend of missing words in the area descriptions for various exploration locations, you might want to go over them all, including sub areas just encase, in order to weed them out.
the following locations are lacking any meaningful ruins text if destroyed: training academy in the near north, wilderman village, wildhome, and magical fruitfarm.  It's impossible to even enter the scorpeon pit ruins or the ruins of the temple of the red stone in Buya.
You don't get any public opinion for disbanding the slaver fort, even though it seems like you would from the text
should you really lose popularity for destroying the doomstone? LOL I guess it is a historical site but, doom... Same goes for the old stone, though in future it could maybe upset the northerners allot...
You get no popularity loss for the following actions, chopping down the gift tree, destroying the wagon man's post, or Destroying Arasuk (though that may be purposeful as they aren't that friendly).
you don't seem to lose popularity for ransacking Rim or smallhaven, or gain gold from ransacking them either, plus you are supposed to choose soldiers to send but it doesn't actually result in a fight
Lots of blackmarket based dialogs in the Three Blades Inn and Silver Staff, I guess their probably placeholders? but it's pretty confusing...
The silver staf it's self doesn't actually have a description aside from that plaque
the 3 blades bartender has no name or description, though this may be purposeful
Snowfolk village has no trade root or champeon options, this may be for a later update anyway though...
Arasuk's village elder probably shouldn't be so happy to see you
You aren't able to destroy the demonic tower in the southern village ruins, or the demonic carving in the oasis the way you can with the totems
every time I talk to someone in the Shaian tavern, this text shows up before their name:
"
     Y(o)Y
   Y=======Y                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
"
the coastal armory's room description is from the Sandman tavern
The market district poet in Shaian is more of a bard IMO, based on the style of poem he reads.
You can use evil laws right away because you start with the book you need already.
You can't destroy the great stone of Denland.
Unable to destroy love cult, musician's guild, or snake sanctuary, yeah, I'm an asshole.
Their should be a cheat for making all your staff have the highest training possible
It would be nice if you could just straight up send as much money as you want to an allied faction, maybe only if vassalized?
In grand ternaments and afterwards in champeon fights if one of them won, the land that the contestant is from shouldn't be shown every time they do something in the actual fight, it's really spammy
The animals in the arina should claw and bite more  than just hit I think... though I guess it depends on the animal type
the spacebar to skip music often doesn't work for some reason
Multiple messengers from the same kingdom shouldn't be allowed to visit your throne room in the same turn
The new debug codes haven't been added to the cheats file yet.

2018-08-15 12:23:11

@Caio, the adventurers are just there to spice the world up, eventually they will become nuissances and pawns but currently they just run around doing stuff, they do have a real effect on the world though, if they kill some guards in the market, those guards really do die and the market has less troops, kill some aslona peasants and you bet you'll be missing some men, the idea is eventually you'll have these badass adventurer parties you hear tales about and you'll send for them and ask them for help, like conan the barbarian being summoned by a king who gives him a quest to stop an evil wizard, you'll be the king giving the quests, having these heroic adventurer's doing your bidding. at least that's my plan for them in the future, but of course they won't all be your pawns, they each have agendas, some will oppose you, some will only do quests for other kingdoms and so on.

@Defender, oh no, you're doing that thing again where you provide excellent critique and suggestions, and as a result my work load triples hahaha, I do actually love these posts though you'll be happy to know I've already fixed volunteers asking for payrises, nerfed cost of trade post upgrades, that hurrak the portly-22 bug and the increase silver tongue cost a bit thanks to you.

Its nice to know you care about me that much haha, I have some issues with depression but nothing that would tip me over the edge don't worry haha, and yeah that other huw millwards a real dick, taking up some of the top search engine results, for the record Astroid Boys are awesome, I know some of the guys cause they're local, and though I'm more of a rock guy I love them tongue

As for the mountain the story goes, I had a debate with a dutch girl on weather or not it was raining outside the hostel we were at, to prove my point, I climbed out of the window and stood on the roof to show I was getting wet, then the roof collapsed and I almost killed two people below, everyone was fine, cut my leg a little but I had to go pay for a roof replacement, so I withdrew cash out but then left my card at the machine (never to be seen again) didn't know this til later though, few days later I realised my visa was set to expire, but the town I was staying in had no immigration office, a town 110km away did so that day I grabbed my rental bike and rode 110km, over 3 mountain ranges, it was a hell of a scary drive, the roads were twisty and terrible and at moments my bike wasn't powerful enough to go uphill and I was leaning forward trying my best and putting full gas, I also slipped and broke the wing mirror on the bike and cut my leg, but it was ok and the bike still worked, eventually after 3 hours of edgy driving I made it to this town with the immigration office, I was too late and the office was closed, so I parked up and got a room for the night, that night I got food poisoning, I hadn't thrown up in 13 years and that night I threw up repeatedly every half an hour for 7 hours with a bit of diarrhoea on top, it was legit one of the worst feelings I've ever had, the nice man who owned the room got me some water and I tried to keep hydrated but was very unwell, the next day still having not slept I could barely keep my balance and tried to arrange someone driving my bike back to the rental place for me so I could get a bus back, but I realised I had no bank card, and was on my last bit of change, I was flat broke, so much to my dismay I had to ride the bike back over the 3 mountains 110km while I couldn't even see straight, I ended up crashing really badly within the first 5 mins of the drive, almost totally wrecked the bike and cut my legs and arms and hand a fair bit, some helpful Thai people helped me fix my bike up a little but the brake was broken, I then drove cautiously as fuck for 4 hours, got hit by monsoon rains and almost got hypothermia, managed to make it back to my room in the small town, continued throwing up and then got a 14 hour bus to Bangkok airport and had my mother book a flight home for me so I could come back and fix my laptop, phones, sort my bank issues out and heal. To be honest, as much as I 100% thought I would die on that mountain, Worth it.

Going back to the warsim stuff, glad you like the new stuff, the vast majority of your suggestions for things that need fixing or changing are perfect and will be done, my only comments would be, I have tested stewards extensively and they do work? also friend of the fearful has been tested but I'll go back and check, also the blackmarket demon house works for me now so I'm unsure?

@Bookrage, yeah we definitely need to pay for celebrations and have different levels of them depending on it, as for the alignment of races, they actually do vary, there is a scale, some races are pure evil, some are pure good, some are mostly evil, so 75% chance to be evil, 25% chance to be neutral, some are mostly good, so 75% chance to be good, 25% chance to be neutral, and some are kind of good, so 25% chance to be good, 75% neutral, some are the same but with evil and some are chance to be either. As for playing as a different race, it's in the plans but it's going to be a tough one because I will not settle for a few tiny changes, playing as a new race should alter almost everything you see and do.

Those new names are amazing by the way, will implement as many as I can!

@Defender, on no, another list of stuff! hahaha, also I resent that, I'm an OK singer tongue
I like the  monsters cause they all have unique move abilities based on their body parts,

Thanks for all of these thoughts and suggestions, they are going on the list, as for ransacking rihhm and smallhaven, if you send a much larger army than their population they will back down, if you send an equalish army or weaker they will fight, just village folk after all.

Snowfolk village wasn't intended to be tradeable with, they aren't like smallhaven and Rihhm, they are basically savages, I will add the ability to ask them for a trade route though, I didn't realise the shaian tavern hats were not blocked by the Ascii filter so I'll get right on that. You want to destroy the musicians guild, love cult and snake sanctuary! you monster, I'll make it happen.

The cheats file as in the .txt one? I'll look into it!

Thanks again for a huuge huuge list of stuff for me to work on! great feedback, always appreciated

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2018-08-15 13:52:10

@Defender, also realized that staff cheatcode already exists, it's 495

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2018-09-10 13:44:40

This is a huge update with 353 new features and 27 new bugfixes, no main focus but I've been spending some time clearing through my large to-do list pile and in this update quite a few ideas that have been collecting dust have been implemented.

**MAIN STUFF**

I've been focusing on adding lots of new stuff so there's a lot to talk about here, to summarise it, you've got new throne room encounters, a new super rare savage kingdom event, more advanced axe throwing, bat racing, new throne room entertainment options, recognition from the realms demon agents if you are the demon king, ability to start ceremonies anytime with an upgraded throne room (at a cost), slightly increased difficulty due to new goblin and peasant price system, ability to destroy the music guild, auto-exploration with the explorer's guild, battle sound effects during combat, special new graphics, better relation changes with the goblin kingdoms, and special end of turn event screens for important stuff.

* Added blood graphic when axe hits in axe throwing competition
* Added ability to hire axe throwers to throne room for 500 gold (if upgraded throne room)
* Added super rare event where savage races can get more civil
* Added 1 in 10 chance that trying to capture the fruit farm will succeed (credit Ursur)
* Removed some old irrelevant debug codes
* Added random health for axe throwers (between 3 and 15)
* Added random luck level for axe throwers (some are 50% likely to instantly kill their opponent others will barely every land an axe)
* Added missing lines to the monster fighting arena
* Added Rat Racing to throne room entertainment
* Added Snail Racing to Rihhm village
* Added gibbering monk recognition if you are demon king
* Added mystic hut gives you random gold if you are demon king
* Added demon summoner in blackmarket gives you demons for free as demon king
* Added ability for upgraded throne rooms to start a throne room ceremony at any time
* Added ability to destroy music guild (vastly reduces throne room musician visitors) (credit defender)
* Increased strength of Ox creature and Ox-based races
* Added ability to ask upgraded explorers guild to auto-explore for you randomly at the start of each turn
* Peasants now cost (3 gold more on hard mode)(4 gold more on solid mode)(5 gold more on insane mode)
* Goblins now cost (2 gold more on hard mode)(3 gold more on solid mode)(4 gold more on insane mode)
* Added battle sound effect to all battles
* Added rare ability for bandits and minor bandits to damage your palisade defences
* Added special new graphics for beating rebellions (one of two random graphics)
* Added krut and erak dislike you for legalising and like for you banning goblin slavery
* Added krut and erak dislike you for ending and like you for declaring goblin celebration
* Added krut and erak like you for every year the goblin celebration happens
* Added entire screen at end of turn when demon horde rises to warn the player of the severity of this event
* Added entire screen at end of turn when slaves revolt faction is formed to warn player of the severity of this event
* Added new throne room visitor suffix 'northern'
* Added new throne room visitor suffix 'eastern'
* Added new throne room visitor suffix 'western'
* Added new throne room visitor suffix 'southern'

**NEW DIALOGUES**

* Added 5 new generic tavern dialogues
* Added 5 new mage guild dialogues
* Added 5 new Gar'gallock advices and throne room advices
* Added 5 new Rihhm village dialogues

**DYNAMIC FORTRESSES**

Now all of your forts are like Gorthmek, all can be upgraded you can read their history and you can set the rules that the fort leader will follow including whether they send you troops, assist in assaults or defences and so on.

* Added dynamic rules to fort Aslona
* Added upgrade to fort Aslona
* Added history info to fort Aslona
* Added dynamic rules to fort Northwatch
* Added upgrade to fort Northwatch
* Added history info to fort Northwatch
* Added dynamic rules to fort Kullak
* Added upgrade to fort Kullak
* Added history info to fort Kullak

**MERC ORIGIN STORIES**

* Added 'Pee covered' merc origin story
* Added 'flaming weapons' merc origin story
* Added 'Bright colours' merc origin story
* Added 'Coal covered' merc origin story
* Added 'peasant revolt' merc origin story
* Added 'blood pact' merc origin story
* Added 'horrid land' merc origin story
* Added 'heavenly land' merc origin story
* Added 'insane leader' merc origin story
* Added 'wealth divide' merc origin story
* Added 'Seamonster killer' merc origin story
* Added 'uniform disagreement' merc origin story

**NEW KINGDOM TYPES**

* Added New Kingdom type 'Dolphindom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Seagulldom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Porcupinedom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Pidgeondom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Hounddom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Sealdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Gerbildom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Phoenixdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Hedgehogdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Prawndom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Shrimpdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Raccoondom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Mockingbirddom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Orcadom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Bandicootdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Macawdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Tarantuladom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Pegasusdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Dovedom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Tapirdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Alpacadom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Lemurdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Hippogriffdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Flamingodom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Slothdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Hawkdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Herondom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Ferretdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Storkdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Quaildom'

**NEW ANIMALS**

* Added New Animal 'Quail'
* Added New Animal 'Stork'
* Added New Animal 'Ferret'
* Added New Animal 'Heron'
* Added New Animal 'Hawk'
* Added New Animal 'Sloth'
* Added New Animal 'Flamingo'
* Added New Animal 'Hippogriff'
* Added New Animal 'Lemur'
* Added New Animal 'Alpaca'
* Added New Animal 'Tapir'
* Added New Animal 'Dove'
* Added New Animal 'Pegasus'
* Added New Animal 'Dolphin'
* Added New Animal 'Seal'
* Added New Animal 'Hedgehog'
* Added New Animal 'Porcupine'
* Added New Animal 'Pidgeon'
* Added New Animal 'Hound'
* Added New Animal 'Seagull'
* Added New Animal 'Gerbil'
* Added New Animal 'Phoenix'
* Added New Animal 'Macaw'
* Added New Animal 'Tarantula'
* Added New Animal 'Bandicoot'
* Added New Animal 'Orca'
* Added New Animal 'Mockingbird'
* Added New Animal 'Prawn'
* Added New Animal 'Shrimp'
* Added New Animal 'Raccoon'

**NEW NAME SUFFIXES**

* Added new name suffix 'the Stinky' (-10 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'the Stench' (-9 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Magister of Greed' (+30 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Magister of Love' (+31 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Magister of Death' (+45 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Magister of Solace' (+25 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Farseeing' (+10 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'the Mariner' (+12 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'the Bright' (+18 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Protector of the Weak' (+32 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Protector of Life' (+32 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Gentleheart' (+5 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'the Voiceless One' (+10 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'Longtail' (+18 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)
* Added new name suffix 'the Restorer' (+17 battlescore) (Credit Vylcount)

**NEW UNIT TYPES**

* Added new unit type 'Warrior-Monk'
* Added new unit type 'Warrior-Cleric'
* Added new unit type 'Warrior-Veteran'
* Added new unit type 'Wildrider
* Added new unit type 'Wildraider
* Added new unit type 'Wildfighter
* Added new unit type 'Warrior-Bard
* Added new unit type 'Wildwarrior'
* Added new unit type 'Wildkiller'
* Added new unit type 'Wildrover'
* Added new unit type 'Wildscreamer'
* Added new unit type 'Wildhunter'
* Added new unit type 'Snail-Rider'
* Added new unit type 'Wolf-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Dog-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Cutter'
* Added new unit type 'Pig-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Boar-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Snail-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Horse-Lancer'
* Added new unit type 'Lance Bearer'
* Added new unit type 'Lanceman'
* Added new unit type 'Slowrider'
* Added new unit type 'Slowkiller'
* Added new unit type 'Quickrider'
* Added new unit type 'Slowrider'
* Added new unit type 'Fastrider'
* Added new unit type 'Pathrider'
* Added new unit type 'Dunerider'
* Added new unit type 'Dunewalker'
* Added New Unit Type 'Misfit'
* Added New Unit Type 'Private Guard'
* Added New Unit Type 'Secret Guard'
* Added New Unit Type 'Personal Guard'
* Added new warrior type 'Loot-Taker'

**NEW RACES**

Aside from the generated races we now have Bloodlings who are goblin-like creatures you may now find in your world, a new warsim original race!

* Added new race 'Bloodlings' (a redskinned blood-drinking goblin race)
* Added New Race 'Were-Doves'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Doves'
* Added New Race 'Half-Doves'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Doves'
* Added New Race 'Dove Folk'
* Added New Race 'Dovemen'
* Added New Race 'Pegasusmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Pegasuss'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Pegasuss'
* Added New Race 'Pegasus Folk'
* Added New Race 'Half-Pegasuss'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Pegasuss'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Tapirs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Tapirs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Tapirs'
* Added New Race 'Tapir Folk'
* Added New Race 'Tapirmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Tapirs'
* Added New Race 'Alpaca Folk'
* Added New Race 'Alpacamen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Alpacas'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Alpacas'
* Added New Race 'Half-Alpacas'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Alpacas'
* Added New Race 'Hedgehogmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Hedgehogs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Hedgehogs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Hedgehogs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Hedgehogs'
* Added New Race 'Porcupine Folk'
* Added New Race 'Porcupinemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Porcupines'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Porcupines'
* Added New Race 'Half-Porcupines'
* Added New Race 'Hound Folk'
* Added New Race 'Houndmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Hounds'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Hounds'
* Added New Race 'Half-Hounds'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Hounds'
* Added New Race 'Hedgehog Folk'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Porcupines'
* Added New Race 'Pidgeon Folk'
* Added New Race 'Pidgeonmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Pidgeons'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Pidgeons'
* Added New Race 'Half-Pidgeons'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Pidgeons'
* Added New Race 'Seagull Folk'
* Added New Race 'Seagullmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Seagulls'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Seagulls'
* Added New Race 'Half-Seagulls'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Seagulls'
* Added New Race 'Seal Folk'
* Added New Race 'Sealmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Seals'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Seals'
* Added New Race 'Half-Seals'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Seals'
* Added New Race 'Gerbil Folk'
* Added New Race 'Gerbilmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Gerbils'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Gerbils'
* Added New Race 'Half-Gerbils'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Gerbils'
* Added New Race 'Phoenix Folk'
* Added New Race 'Phoenixmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Phoenixs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Phoenixs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Phoenixs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Phoenixs'
* Added New Race 'Flamingo Folk'
* Added New Race 'Flamingomen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Flamingos'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Flamingos'
* Added New Race 'Half-Flamingos'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Flamingos'
* Added New Race 'Sloth Folk'
* Added New Race 'Slothmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Sloths'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Sloths'
* Added New Race 'Half-Sloths'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Sloths'
* Added New Race 'Hawk Folk'
* Added New Race 'Hawkmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Hawks'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Hawks'
* Added New Race 'Half-Hawks'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Hawks'
* Added New Race 'Heron Folk'
* Added New Race 'Heronmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Herons'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Herons'
* Added New Race 'Half-Herons'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Herons'
* Added New Race 'Ferret Folk'
* Added New Race 'Ferretmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Ferrets'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Ferrets'
* Added New Race 'Half-Ferrets'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Ferrets'
* Added New Race 'Stork Folk'
* Added New Race 'Storkmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Storks'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Storks'
* Added New Race 'Half-Storks'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Storks'
* Added New Race 'Quail Folk'
* Added New Race 'Quailmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Quails'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Quails'
* Added New Race 'Half-Quails'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Quails'
* Added New Race 'Dolphin Folk'
* Added New Race 'Dolphinmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Dolphins'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Dolphins'
* Added New Race 'Half-Dolphins'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Dolphins'
* Added New Race 'Lemur Folk'
* Added New Race 'Lemurmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Lemurs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Lemurs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Lemurs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Lemurs'
* Added New Race 'Hippogriff Folk'
* Added New Race 'Hippogriffmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Hippogriffs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Hippogriffs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Hippogriffs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Hippogriffs'
* Added New Race 'Prawn Folk'
* Added New Race 'Prawnmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Prawns'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Prawns'
* Added New Race 'Half-Prawns'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Prawns'
* Added New Race 'Shrimp Folk'
* Added New Race 'Shrimpmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Shrimps'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Shrimps'
* Added New Race 'Half-Shrimps'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Shrimps'
* Added New Race 'Raccoon Folk'
* Added New Race 'Raccoonmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Raccoons'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Raccoons'
* Added New Race 'Half-Raccoons'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Raccoons'
* Added New Race 'Mockingbird Folk'
* Added New Race 'Mockingbirdmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mockingbirds'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mockingbirds'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mockingbirds'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mockingbirds'
* Added New Race 'Orca Folk'
* Added New Race 'Orcamen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Orcas'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Orcas'
* Added New Race 'Half-Orcas'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Orcas'
* Added New Race 'Bandicoot Folk'
* Added New Race 'Bandicootmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Bandicoots'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Bandicoots'
* Added New Race 'Half-Bandicoots'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Bandicoots'
* Added New Race 'Macaw Folk'
* Added New Race 'Macawmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Macaws'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Macaws'
* Added New Race 'Half-Macaws'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Macaws'
* Added New Race 'Tarantula Folk'
* Added New Race 'Tarantulamen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Tarantulas'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Tarantulas'
* Added New Race 'Half-Tarantulas'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Tarantulas'

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed penguin animal text bug
* Fixed some much text bug
* Fixed vampire-d text bug
* Fixed poet, axe throwing and abomination events not appearing in celebrations
* Fixed axethrow graphic bug
* Fixed Axe throwing incorrect winner declared
* Fixed Mystery slaver kicks you out of explore menu when destroyed
* Fixed Ruins of the scorpion pit being inaccessible
* Fixed house of the changeling floating
* Fixed 'Bored off his life' text bug in Rihhm storyteller
* Fixed duplicate Rihhm village champion fight (Credit Vylcount)
* Fixed your bandits robbing your allies and trade partners (credit Vylcount)
* Fixed 'Scribe' 'head scribe' text discrepancy (credit Vylcount)
* Fixed skullfields not being accessible (credit Laughing Gravy)
* Fixed bandit pillage gold reports giving the wrong number for independents, krut and erak
* Fixed koova mislabeled as musicians guild leader in celebrations
* Fixed mystic hut grammar issue
* Fixed mystic hut dialogue makes no sense
* Fixed missing lines in house marked x
* Fixed slavers guild reopen tag not changing for grand slavers guild
* Fixed dynamic throne room entranct and sitting on throne text not working
* Fixed being kicked from entertainment menu in throne room after using it once
* Fixed changeling face changing dialogue being skipped
* Fixed bandits, rebels and minor bandits being labelled wrong when attacked by aslona (ie Aslona Invaded the lands of the Bandit3)
* Fixed 0 troop text bug in fort Kullak
* Fixed 0 troop text bug in fort Northwatch
* Fixed 0 troop text bug in fort Aslona

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

* Reduced faction relation requirement for watching Krut Dance to +40 relation
* Reduced faction relation requirement for speaking to King of Krut to +60 relation
* slightly rewrote demon horde arrival turn report text
* Made slavery and murder motives rarer for adventuring groups
* Added 3 new flag parts
* Added ant head pincer monster part (+5 dmg)

2018-09-10 13:47:09

This update contains 210 new features and 25 bugfixes and this update has lots of big additions too, not just new creatures and names.

**MAIN STUFF**

Some big additions here, firstly, every 4 years there is now a special event in Rihhm with larger snail races, knights returning from quests are more common, gangs can merge with the horde, you can restart dead kingdoms if you have enough men, better phrase system, more end of turn pop ups, champions now have faces and backstories, the rebellion desertion system has been made fairer and less against you, musicians guild has been added to guildrow and loads more!

* Added once every 4-years special Rihhm snail racing circuit (5 snails, higher payouts)
* Added new system for dealing with knights returning from quests, now its much more common
* Added rare chance that minor bandit gangs merge with bandit horde if they have less troops and only one land
* Added super rare throne room encounter to re-establish dead kingdoms (if you have 101 total troops and minimum 1 tier 3 unit from the kingdom)
* Modified phrase system to be a little more dynamic (credit vylcount)
* Added new secondary phrase system to vary phrases up (credit vylcount)
* Added special end of turn pop up when outlaw pest group spawns
* Added special end of turn pop up when void army spawns
* Added special end of turn pop up when undead army spawns
* Added heroes and champions in your court now have faces
* Added heroes and champions in your court now have backstories
* Made soldiers and peasants deserting you and joining rebels rarer (also now your units will only flee if the rebels have twice as many men as you)
* Added ability for rebels to flee and join you if you are 2x bigger than them
* Added musicians guild to Guildrow in the Blackmarket
* Added Krut Leaders face to Krut Diplomacy
* Made snails move slower in snail races
* Made unable to speak to locals in Rihhm during snail event
* Made new Rihhm intro graphic for during snail racing event
* Rewrote king Ooolak's diplomact description
* Added random year system when generating lords at start of game
* Added ability to press space to skip musical abomination (Credit Vylcount)
* Added system to generate faces and backstories for champion in outdated save files

**DEMONIC DECAY**

The horde is dead, so why do all of their cogs still turn, now once you kill the demon horde the world will reflect this a little bit more

* Added New dynamic dialogue system for Arasuk
* Added several post collapse Arasuk dialogues
* Added several new general Arasuk dialogues
* Added Wall of prophercy in Arasuk gets destroyed if demon horde is beaten
* Added Seer's hut in Arasuk  gets destroyed if the demon horde is beaten
* Added alternate shrine of Xzelfrak in Arasuk if the demon horde is beaten
* Added sand talker in Arasuk disabled if the horde is beaten
* Added sand talker cannot be hire in throne room or found in celebrations if the horde is beaten
* Added demon totems in the south are automatically destroyed when the horde collapses
* Added demonic village ruins not demonic if horde is beaten

**NEW JOKES**

* Added new ducking dwarf joke (level 1 jesters)
* Added Zombie bar joke (level 2 jesters) (In my defence this was added before someone suggested it)
* Added mimics joke (level 3 jesters)
* Added sea monster diet joke (level 4 jesters)

**NAME SUFFIXES**

* Added new name suffix 'the Kraken' (+45 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Kraken-Slayer' (+47 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Kraken Follower' (+10 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'the Kraken Worshipper' (+9 battlescore)
* Added new name suffix 'Beastbait' (-5 battlescore)

**NEW KINGDOM TYPES**

* Added New Kingdom type 'Pelicandom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Magpiedom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Basiliskdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Moosedom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Chimaeradom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Rocdom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Krakendom'
* Added New Kingdom type 'Sphinxdom'

**NEW ANIMALS**

* Added New Animal 'Chimaera'
* Added New Animal 'Basilisk'
* Added New Animal 'Pelican'
* Added New Animal 'Magpie'
* Added New Animal 'Moose'
* Added New Animal 'Sphinx'
* Added New Animal 'Kraken'
* Added New Animal 'Roc'

**HERO BACKSTORIES**

Now your champions and heroes get their own back stories, because of this I have worked as hard as possible to make a bunch of interesting backstories and will no doubt continue filling the game with as many of these as possible to add a real variety.

* Added 'Blackmarket wilderman' hero backstory
* Added 'Goblin Slaver' hero backstory
* Added 'Wild North too many enemies' hero backstory
* Added 'Honourable Northern Mercenary' hero backstory
* Added 'Northern proud merc' hero backstory
* Added 'Bitter love cultist' hero backstory
* Added 'Peaceful love cultist' hero backstory
* Added 'Handy Bard' hero backstory
* Added 'Famed Bard' hero backstory
* Added 'Dumb wilderman' hero backstory
* Added 'Farm Guard' hero backstory
* Added 'Bandit Warlord' hero backstory
* Added 'Second Guard' hero backstory
* Added 'Slappy champion' hero backstory
* Added 'Lord of the bracelets' hero backstory
* Added 'Son of a nobleman' hero backstory
* Added 'Caravan raiding warlord' hero backstory
* Added 'Brave Guard' hero backstory
* Added 'Village champion' hero backstory
* Added 'Bandit turned hero' hero backstory
* Added 'Bored Brawler' hero backstory
* Added 'Merc gone solo' hero backstory
* Added 'Famed Hunter Scam' hero backstory
* Added 'Non-bigot goblin hunter' hero backstory
* Added 'Goblin Diplomat' hero backstory
* Added 'Goblin-stopping militia head' hero backstory
* Added 'Goblin Trader' hero backstory
* Added 'Angry villager turn hero' hero backstory
* Added 'Remorseful demon worshipper' hero backstory
* Added 'Wanderlustful merchant' hero backstory
* Added 'Escaped prisoner capturer' hero backstory
* Added 'Bounty Hunter' hero backstory
* Added 'Non-drylands nomad' hero backstory
* Added 'Wolfslayer' hero backstory
* Added 'Wild north explorer' hero backstory
* Added 'Far north explorer' hero backstory
* Added 'Uneventful army captain' hero backstory
* Added 'Blackmarket Conman' hero backstory
* Added 'Coastal watchman' hero backstory
* Added 'Goblin Staff finder' hero backstory
* Added 'Mine foreman' hero backstory
* Added 'Arasuk Squire' hero backstory
* Added 'Slaver hunter' hero backstory
* Added 'Distinguished military career' hero backstory
* Added 'Trade ship first mate' hero backstory
* Added 'Painful past' hero backstory
* Added 'I'd have to kill you' hero backstory
* Added 'Unspoken Oath' hero backstory
* Added 'Blackmarket dockworker' hero backstory
* Added 'One time pit champion' hero backstory

**NEW MERC ORIGIN STORIES**

Lots more of these, thanks to bookrage for his suggestions

* Added 'Short hater' merc origin stories
* Added 'Individual mercs' merc origin story
* Added 'Wild parties' merc origin story
* Added 'drunk fight' merc origin story
* Added 'ex gladiators' merc origin story
* Added 'awoken from a sleep' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'from another realm' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'sworn to green dragon' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'another plane' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'famed ancestors' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'equals' merc origin story (credit bookrage)
* Added 'world burn' merc origin story (credit bookrage)

**NEW UNIT TYPES**

* Added new unit type 'Carver'
* Added new unit type 'Culler'
* Added new unit type 'Spiritcaller'
* Added new unit type 'Soulstealer'
* Added new unit type 'Soultaker'
* Added new unit type 'Kicker'
* Added new unit type 'Fistslinger'
* Added new unit type 'Fistswinger'
* Added new unit type 'Fistmaster'
* Added new unit type 'Fistwarrior'
* Added new unit type 'Warsinger'
* Added new unit type 'Heavy Kicker'
* Added new unit type 'Heavy Puncher'
* Added new unit type 'Legkicker'
* Added new unit type 'Kickwarrior'
* Added new unit type 'Kicklord'
* Added new unit type 'Warchanter'
* Added new unit type 'Kickmaster'
* Added new unit type 'Duty Follower'
* Added new unit type 'Monster Hunter'
* Added new unit type 'Order Follower'
* Added new unit type 'Battlechanter'

**NEW RACES**

* Added New Race 'Magpie Folk'
* Added New Race 'Magpiemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Magpies'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Magpies'
* Added New Race 'Half-Magpies'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Magpies'
* Added New Race 'Moose Folk'
* Added New Race 'Moosemen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Mooses'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Mooses'
* Added New Race 'Half-Mooses'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Mooses'
* Added New Race 'Basilisk Folk'
* Added New Race 'Basiliskmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Basilisks'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Basilisks'
* Added New Race 'Half-Basilisks'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Basilisks'
* Added New Race 'Chimaera Folk'
* Added New Race 'Chimaeramen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Chimaeras'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Chimaeras'
* Added New Race 'Half-Chimaeras'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Chimaeras'
* Added New Race 'Sphinx Folk'
* Added New Race 'Sphinxmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Sphinxs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Sphinxs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Sphinxs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Sphinxs'
* Added New Race 'Kraken Folk'
* Added New Race 'Krakenmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Krakens'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Krakens'
* Added New Race 'Half-Krakens'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Krakens'
* Added New Race 'Roc Folk'
* Added New Race 'Rocmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Rocs'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Rocs'
* Added New Race 'Half-Rocs'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Rocs'
* Added New Race 'Pelican Folk'
* Added New Race 'Pelicanmen'
* Added New Race 'Were-Pelicans'
* Added New Race 'Evolved Pelicans'
* Added New Race 'Half-Pelicans'
* Added New Race 'Shapeshifting Pelicans'

**THE UNCONQUERABLE LANDS EXPANDED**

The unconquerable lands has been expanding to include two new factions, these are groups that are visible in the explore screen once all the five other kingdoms are completely defeated

* Added Everblaze Goblins to the Unconquerable lands
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Everblaze Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Melting Everblaze Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Everblaze Lavaspawn Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Everblaze Goblin Beast'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Two-Headed Everblaze Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Everblaze Zombified Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Mutated Everblaze Goblin'
* Added Unit to Everblaze Faction 'Half-Dead Everblaze Goblin'
* Added Wolfclans to the Unconquerable lands
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclansman'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Kull'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Wolf-Rider'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Hunter'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Raider'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Warrior'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Fighting Woman'
* Added Unit to Wolfclan Faction 'Wolfclan Trapper'

**BUGFIXES**

* Fixed champions graphic colour bug
* Fixed battlesounds carrying over if you disable music (credit Vylcount)
* Fixed Rihhm snail racing giving you 5 gold for free when you watch a fight
* Fixed extra line spacing issues in rebels and bandits diplomacy
* Fixed colouring and line issues in rebel, bandit, krut and erak diplomacy
* Fixed King ooolak crown graphic bug
* Fixed blackmarket trade without trade post (Credit Vylcount)
* Fixed independent lords year being wrong (Credit Vylcount)
* Fixed minor bandits appearing in faction ranking screen when disabled (credit Vylcount)
* Fixed prison button spacing in the other buildings menu
* Fixed missing space in end of turn ceremony intro text
* Fixed skipping end of turn ceremony doesn't clear on screen properly
* Fixed foreign merc hall graphic miscoloured
* Fixed missing splitline when trying to speak to a bearfolk in fjori
* Fixed Kicked out of explore screen when capturing monfort mine
* Fixed 'Their is an artifact' text bug
* Fixed destroyed magic fruit farm text colour bug
* Fixed magic fruit farm text displayed incorrectly
* Fixed snail racing speed issue
* Fixed east dock ventures not appearing in income report (credit Vylcount)
* Fixed phrase generation system was blocking more than half the phrases being made
* Fixed broken foreign merc hall labels if bought on old saves first turn
* Fixed foreign merc hall allows you to buy already bought mercs, taking money but giving no troops
* Fixed deserting peasants text bug
* Fixed demonic village ruins pause issue

**EVERYTHING ELSE**

* Added 3 new gorthmek orc dialogues
* Added 3 new silver staff tavern dialogues
* Modified old cabin man's dialogue

2018-09-11 17:28:11

Hay wastelander, just trying the game  again. Odly enough Itch.io decided to behave so I was able to buy from the site, though I don't mind sticking another few quid behind game development big_smile.

One thing I'm wondering about though, with all these champion changes, is is there more that a champion can do for you? Right now, unless things have changed since I last played, basically having a champion doesn't really help you in the main aim of the game, taking over other kingdoms.
I still really like the idea of your champion actually having to fight champions from other kingdoms during battles, not just adding to your host's over all battle score, but actually calling an enemy champion out one on one, with victory or defeat giving a huge bonus, or even straight out winning the battle for you.

Don't know if you've read  song of ice and fire or seen the series but there is a perfect illustration of this when Daenerys sends Strong Belwas as her champion to fight outside Meereen, see Here for details (I believe that scene was also in the tv series but as I've only seen up to season 4 of Game of thrones, and that was a while ago I might be misremembering).

Either way, with all the cool stuff about champions, duels between kingdoms champions would be fantastic, imagine for instance if your champion could challenge a mercenary captain, take over their band and then bring the band to fight for you.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-11 18:16:57 (edited by Wastelander 2018-09-11 18:17:19)

Thank you for the continued support Dark!

So basically champions currently can:

* Fight the village champions of Rihhm and Smallhaven (just for sport)
* Fight in any battle (adding to the total battlescore a bonus)
* Takeover and run Fort Aslona, Fort Gorthmek, Fort Northwatch and Fort Kullak with their skill level directly effecting how quickly they can recruit men and the max number of troops they can have

I may be missing something but I don't recall

I am going to add a champion duel with the blackmarket, a chance to duel them with eachother for fun, a chance for them to defend your honor in court, and a chance for there to be a pre-battle duel as you say, with the champions of the other kingdom (they may decline though, ie Goblins with an average battlescore of 70 know that an average human has 100 battlescore, so they won't risk it, a leopardman champion, with average 120 battlescore will chance it, but of course Gallahad the Invincible happens to be your champion with his 400 battlescore and you annihilate them

Any ideas for champions are welcome though!

And yeah I recall that moment in game of thrones, really badass!

2018-09-11 21:11:26

Hey Wastelander,

Just one thing going forward about races.

I think several of the mythical monster animals should not be spread out as real animals are when you make a nation with them.

Sphinxes are interesting enough on their own. In a way having them have all the sphixfolk, sphinxmen, and so forth kind of robs them of their mythological importance and uniqueness.

Don't change it from what you've already released, but I think future mythical beasts are best left as their defaults.

speaking of which, I have a few for you.

lusca (sort of the Viking version of the Kraken.)
medusa
amphisbaena (a mythical snake with a head on both ends) (come to think of it the typical animal spread might work for that.)
Cerberus
hydra
Wyvern
Salamander (referring to the mythical fire spirits, not the amphibeans) but the animal would work too.
sylph (mythical wind spirits.)
undines (mythical water spirits.)
djinn
efreet
marid (all types of classical genies in Arabic myth.)
ghouls (you could either ruse the undead version (which you already have probably) or the  fact that ghouls were originally genies in Arabic folklore and you could have another instance (ghouls of Arabic folklore still ate the dead.)
Revenant (avenging spirits, might also be an interesting prefix for other races.)
banshee
hippocampus (water horse type thing.))
Rakshasa (tiger-like demons from Indian Mythology)
Chpacabre
sasquatch
bigfoot
gargoyle

and a few more animals

toad
hyena
jackal
fox
muskrat
tree frog
marsupial lion
mammoth
rhinocerous
giraffe
jay
robin
crow
corby
vulture
buzzard
mamba
ghilla monster
stote
weasel
also,  just to broaden the fantasy, and I've seen this even in a lot of fantasy games (actually vanilla D&D does this a lot) you could expand the animal roster with dinosaurs or other extinct animals. along with dinosaurs, you coud have things like smilodons, dodos, indrikithirs, megatheriums, neantherthals,  intellidonts, hyenadonts, and so forth, you already have some prehistoric animals in the game as you have dire wolves, which really existed up until about 10,000 years ago.

also some more original ideas.

lavafolk
starspawn
nightwalkers
fearspawn
terrors
spectrums
lightbearers
angels
Angelspawn
oilies
grotesques
greatarms
walkers
mudtrotters
silent
castoffs
empty
bloatbags
stormers
hungerers
thirsties
heartstokers
wrapped
plantmen
watchers
observers
witnesses
lost ones

2018-09-11 23:09:39

@Bookrage like the race list.

one problem I confess I do have at the moment, is that the races are feeling so! random I'm not really getting a sense of what they are, what they look like, what their temprament is etc.

In the wastes this didn't matter as much since you were only encoutering monsters once or twice, but having to treat with kingdoms of moose men or wear badgers or something makes things a bit difficult to get a handle on.

I'd therefore suggest perhaps instead of sticking in more random race names, stick in a few possible to piece together background stories, perhaps not literally one for each race, but some for different groups or types of races.
EG:
Wer insert animals began when an ancient insert animal god cursed a mortal for defiling their sacred temple, and henceforth agreed that that mortal and all their descendents should take on the form of insert animal every full  moon.
The kingdom is mostly human like accept every full moon there is a beastial right where all citizens transform into insert animals.
Also, as animalistic descendents the wer insert animals have a strict higherarchy with an alpha at the top and do not understand concepts like government.

Or:

The insert magic users, began as a simple off shoot of average magicians. Discovering some forbidden knolidge however, they fled into the wild to preserve their arts. now, their entire society is based around using magic, with any none magic users cast out.
Leaders are usually the oldest, wisest and best at magic, though thanks to studdying ancient lore the insert magic users do understand concepts such as wealth and trade.

Or

The insert undead aare not so much a kingdom as a hoard. Moving from place to place they consume corpses of the living to create more of themselves. Though they retain enough knolidge of their former lives to stick together and construct a few primmative huts, there is no way they could be called civilized.

This is the sort of thing I mean.

As regards champions, it would also be rather cool  either they, or your court jester could provoke an enemy pre battle.
One really amusing bit about Belwas fight in game of thrones, is that since he's a slave, having him fight the champion of the slavers is a major  plus of course he showboats like crazy both pre and post battle.

That way, maybe a goblin champion could be taunted into fighting galahad the invincible anyway big_smile.

Don't know if you have read Bernard Cornwell's Excalabar series, some books about the historical as opposed to mythical king Arthur, but one particularly awesome section in that is when the good guys are fighting off a Saxon army, and the Saxons send out their Shamans, supposedly to call on the spirits, but actually to basically trash talk and insult people, going naked, hopping around, deficating in front of the enenmy etc, if successful it'd cause some troops to go berserk, and perhaps goad the champion into battle.

It also occurs to me that your court minstrel should be able to compose epics about your champion's exploits, which would increase their battle score, as well as increasing your public opinion.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-09-12 01:01:34 (edited by defender 2018-09-14 04:26:48)

I've been getting other people into Warsim and buying it for some people as a gift and paying more than the asking price to show my appreciation for all these updates, since their is no other way to donate that I know of, so I feel less guilty now LOL.
Some really exciting changes! Though I still won't be truly happy until the vagina feature is added... AKA females, yeah, I'm never going to let that shit go. 3:-)
Anyway here are some suggestions I've been putting together.

I think low popularity should have more consequences, for instance if you start as a bandit king your popularity is pretty low, but you only sometimes lose troups and have a massive amount of extra soldiers and income via the bandits you get.
I think their should be a race pack with no animals, and one with only races that you can talk to, e.g. not savage.
Bad things should happen sometimes if your tributes from vassles are high, up to and including all out war. Maybe lobbieing, messengers asking for it to be lowered that can lower your popularity, parcially lost tributes do to interfearance from internal rebel factions, a land from that kingdom breaking away into a pest, etc.
Instead of charging extra fees for envasions, maybe the amount of attacks per turn should depend on the attack type, e.g. never more than 3 envasions, 4 raids or 6 skermishes, because it's just too easy to crush your enemies in a matter of a few turns otherwise. Either that or limit the attacks on the same enemy per turn.
You also shouldn't be able to have more than one mercenary company at once, or if you do, their should be allot of infighting
Got a kingdom of sswarming shapeshifting camels, with a leader called "lord mayor Dkddt" and champeons that only had 30 battle score when their soldier class (armsman) had 54.
The status of the death sound system toggle doesn't save between restarts
No way to adjust death sound speed from ingame.
When asking for a tribute from monford the ascii still comes through
Someone really needs to go over all those dialogs with a fine toothed comb, because their are still spelling mistakes, doubled or missing words, super weird phrasing ETC all over the place... Even with the Welsh thing taken into account. tongue
The throne room arrest system could be reworked, E.G. criminals convicted of things having nothing to do with the rebellian (like steeling eggs) still end up with the acuzed rebel dialogs coming up, throwing people in the dungion doesn't trigger any popularity results (no sentincing terms are possible anyway but it's still better than killing a guy who doesn't really deserve it yet still needs to be punished in some way) guards more often than not have totally useless testamonys, ETC.
The poet could really use more words or rhyming schemes, his stuff gets really stale really fast. The crazy people are better, but could also benifit from more options I think.
Could just be me, but savage races seem allot more common now than civilized ones, which makes diplomacy much less interesting.  So I think we could use some more races to balance it out or just shift some of them to civilized that are on the fence, Or just make certain prefixes more rare.

2018-09-12 12:45:24

Agreed on females there defender.
I remember a few posts ago the suggestion was to add both some kingdom types that would indicate female rulers EG the matriarchy of so and so, the Queendom of so and so, the sisterhood, the convent and so on.
As well as some leader names such as high lady, matria Queen, empress and so on so that we could have female rulers,  female champion types as well.

Btw, okay random question, am I missing something about vasalisation? I can make other kingdoms my allies with a high enough faction relation, but the vassalise option isn't showing up for some reason, even when I get the faction relation score  over 100, does my diplomat need a certain levell? or do I just need to wait a bit.

If Vassalisation has been changed maybe the tutorial dialogue with your diplomatt at the start of the game should indicate as much.

2018-09-12 14:58:44

actually regarding the women, some races make that particularly a problem. There are monster races like Harpies that are traditionally female but frequently their leaders have male names. as do other key members that get named.

This is even more of a problem in the other direction with things like witches where the default names are in fact  female, but male pronouns are used.

Also, I still think the romance/wedding option I suggested a while back would still be a good idea. But definitely women need to be an option in the game.

as for the random races, I actually like the way they are now. I have a pretty fertile imagination so I can put the prefix along with the basic  race to get a picture. Perhaps more of a history for the races, as Dark and Wastelander have suggested is a good idea, but I get stuff okay.

For example, when I got the race "false Harpies" I read the description which had the basics for what a harpy is and then a little extra to explain what "false" meant in this context.

because race is constructed the following way.

XY =
Y
explanation of X
famous words
basic culture

where X is the prefix and Y is the race itself.

Here's how I thought of it for the false harpies, I have both a serious and somewhat off-color humorous one based on the pronoun usage.

False Harpies.

Harpies are winged bird women that screech and are very evil

false means that they are not what they appear.

their society is evil and they believe in hate and slavery.

How I Interpreted it.

Harpies are often depicted as vulture-women so I pictured that.
But because they are fake, they are not really vulture women.
interpretation serious: they are a tribe of amazons that emulate vultures with Icarus-styled wax wings but with the same screeching evil culture
interpretation bad taste humor: because Wastelander uses male pronouns regardless of context in regards to races, champions, and random NPCs, False Harpies are actually false because they are not female. and are a male group imitating women.

Or for  something like cavern kappas

kappas are turtle-like reptilian monsters often with hollow spots in their heads where they store water on land in some legends.

cavern kappas have the features of the cave fish and lizards found around the world (no eyes, pale skin, and scales that can mimic rock and a rocky shell)

or for skinned Megogs

I picture Megogsas being really obese, but also muscular goblins the size of  ogres with a lot of power but who are basically enormous goblins in behavior, not very smart but   violent and mean and they can really move when they want to despite their weight.
skinned megogs are that with raw exposed flesh and black skinned megogs (the middle tier) are those with dark scar tissue over most of their form.

because I have ancient megogs in the same game, I imagine them as being larger, wrinkly but also sort of semi-petrified and maybe with some tattoos on them that look like norse runes.

Just getting the jist down for the race and then putting the  prefix into place is what I need to picture them and create their culture.

I did that with the nomadic witches too. I sort of pictured them as more like desert mystics  who are a matriarchal society that wanders about and thus lives in tents or sets up lodges as it moves about. or maybe even digs burrows.

Just have to as a friend has told me my Storium strategy is like, take the square peg and the triangle peg and force them into the round hole as best you can. I'm pretty good at that if you guys have any trouble mixing the prefix and race together, I'd be happy to suggest something.

2018-09-14 08:42:16

perhaps it should be menssioned here as well for those who don't follow redit that the next update should be the last one for the black market, unless realy cool Features and ideas Show up. Generally, the black market should be finished after the next update and will be ignored from there on to move the game Forward, wich i like. So, now is the definitive Chance to suggest the ideas you have and wich should be added for the black market. At the Moment, wastelander is still collecting ideas from what I saw.

2018-09-14 10:51:54

BTW: I like the idea I read on redit regarding the children gangs in the black market.

2018-09-14 14:48:45

Hi guys, so as some of you may know I have been clearing through all of my old warsim notes so I can focus on moving the game forward to full release territory, while clearing through this list I've hit a big pile of Blackmarket ideas that I'd forgotten about, some had been coded already since but many were left unfinished.

I am going to focus the next update primarily on the blackmarket for this next update but then generally ignore the blackmarket from then on out, unless some really cool ideas come along that I can't pass up adding.

Some of the things that will likely be in the next update are:

Lots more throne room visitors relating to the blackmarket (I want the game to put a little more emphasis on this being an important area, of course these encounter won't show up if the market is destroyed) one encounter includes a crier visiting your throne room to tell you the wonders of the market to convince you to go.
Musicians guild plotline involving wulf the bard (he's a scumbag)
Extra profit situations for you as owner of the blackmarket
Possibility of a yearly tribute from the blackmarket if you are tough enough
Random encounters for every blackmarket district
A tour guild who will walk you around the blackmarket and explain the lore of the places
Better garrisons in the market for the leaders with higher caps
A way like with gorthmek and slavers fort to see and understand how many men you'd be fighting before battle
A 100 yearly celebration that takes place in the market
And of course, for the history guild to be finished with a variety special rewards being given if you pass

You guys have never failed me, before I shut the case on the blackmarkets development have you got any ideas that would go well in there? as always nothing is too ridiculous so shoot as many ideas as you have

2018-09-14 15:14:24

@Bookrage thank you for all of these ideas! as always you are coming up with some awesome stuff

@Dark, Great idea giving a more in depth origin for certain kinds of animalistic races, I'll be taking that and probably using it! All those ideas are awesome

@Defender, thank you for the support man! you guys are awesome

Female are coming, I'm just trying to iron out some parts of the game so that implementing women will go smoothly, rather than adding women to a bunch of unfinished areas and then having more work updating them as those systems improve

Actually in regards to vassals, they can break off and declare war on you if you take too much from them smile

I'm thinking less on limiting mercenaries and more on making armies more effective, ie you can send muliple attacks with champions or general at their head and so can others would be nice

Sounds like the shapeshifting camels were bad at choosing champions hahaha

I'll look into the death sound system thing and the ascii thing

And hey what are you talking about Welsh thing! hahahaha

Savage races shouldn't be more common, I think it might just be potluck but I will be making a few new race packs that will remedy those issues for you regardless smile or make them worse if you want to!

@Dark, Vassalisation is not related to relation, an ally is a kingdom that are friends with you, a vassal is a kingdom that is subservient to you, vassals are made when you are significantly stronger militarily than them.

@Bookrage, wow that's incredible visualisation with your imagination of those races, I might revisit some of these race suffix descriptions and try to make them more like that, I like it a lot!

@Niklas, yep sorry, same I love the little gang of roughians idea smile

2018-09-14 15:36:17

duh i wish i can buy the game but  you know you cant do that if you dont have money tongue
so fiew race ideas.
a human with a dog head, i dont know we have that or not but, maybe er, itbark, humadog, orsomething no idea about the name.
a thing that have's the heads of a pig, horns of a bull, and body of an elephant, a wierd and cool thing if you ask me.
and if you need sound related things, you can always knok my door

2018-09-14 19:06:44

@Wastelander, hope it was Okay posting that regarding the black market before allready. Will the historical guild be made finished in terms of lessons and years you can learn from it? And will such courses be available for the other guilds as well in the future, ofcourse with other themes and lessons? I think in a guild of magic it would make sense or maybe in the explorers guild for example. Just asking if there is such planet for other guilds than the historical one as well? And it would be nice if the course for the historical guild gets finished.

2018-09-15 10:10:47

Finally I'm able to post here:

Some of you may know I'm a regular user on reddit Warsim page, I'm Vylcount: The bug squasher, slayer of behemoths, the one of his kind and the first, protector of Aslona and the lands beyond, demon hater, husband to the mother of dragons, King of the Andals and the Fir... heck I've gone too far.

Hi

2018-09-15 15:06:29

ah, cool, so welcome in this Forum here. I read often from you on redit and your bug squashing is fantastic. Thanks a lot for that.

2018-09-16 00:13:17

@Omer, thanks for the ideas! hopefully you can play soon smile

@Niklas, yep that's fine smile I definitely plan to finish the history guild asap, would be cool to have the same potentially in other guilds but need to get the history guild finished first before I start a new school

@Vylcount, welcome to Audiogames, I'm sure many of these guys will recognise your name from all of the many things you've been responsible for, you'll definitely recognise alot of their names too, we've got Niklas who's also a long-time bug hater and bookrage who comes up with a book worth of ideas for races/names and so on almost daily, defender's always got a good block of suggestions too! you're all warsim celebrities haha

2018-09-16 05:21:30 (edited by Niklas 2018-09-16 05:25:53)

Realy cool, i enjoy the school and it will be great to see it finished and more in other guilds. Another suggestion I have, not for the black market, but for combat: In battles, it would be cool to have more actions, abilities and events happening. Your units could do different actions, for example if weapons will come in later, they could stab, hit or slash enemies. They could even rip off body parts, kick and punch, spread out in different directions to change theier formations and come back for attacking or have other moves and fighting combos. Even battles could happen in different settings, such as forrests, caves and others, with destructable objects wich could confuse enemies or such. Or something can get burned down and destructions could affect the battles as well. This way, the units could get hurt and not just killed, some could maybe even be healed. Magicians should be able to use different spells and such as well. I think, this could make the battles more variable and interesting, because strategic tricks, different ways for offensive and defensive things and such could happen. The battles could get even more epic with those things and don't just are simply this unit is killed, that unit is killed. That gets very repetetive at some point. The suggestions even could make the weapons possible and the weapon creator wich is already in the game could make things even more great. Just suggestions, but I think that could improve battles a lot. This involves dodging, rushing forward, hiding, maybe in some situations with no big battles, just more little things even stealthy attacks your units could perform.

2018-09-16 06:38:28

Hey Vylcount, awesome to see you here.
Just want to tell you how much your line spacing and punctuation stuff is appreciated by those who use "screen readers" to play the game, since we usually don't really catch that stuff our selves as it's skipped for efficiencies sake, but it can really help allot still, as that kind of thing can break up the realtime flow of info and put a crimp in your enjoyment of the game, or just be super annoying when you see it again and again LOL.

2018-09-16 15:07:46

I have to agree with defender. This is very helpful since it influences often how the screen reader pronounces something as well. Great work man.

2018-09-16 15:16:12

@defender, Hi,
I'm always on the lookout for these for sure. There is still some and you will see them fixed in the update (I hope). One I didn't bother to check in the game are the books, I have to read them and catch any errors in the text. Mind you, I sometimes brush off certain text and dialogue as little "quirks" of the game and don't report every instance, from what I hear often here: it is a Welsh thing what Hue does with his writing tongue