2018-09-10 09:57:12 (edited by LordLundin 2018-09-10 09:58:26)

First question, when I launch fsx and then fs pilot, all windows are in the same window, making it impossible to cycle through them. It'll just group it all into a windows called microsoft flight simulator x steam addition bla bla bla. I've gotten it to work a few times but not sure what I did.

Second question, how do you start on the bloody ground? Everytime I launch a free flight now, I appear in mid god damned air lol.

Those are my two questions for now, but I'm definitely going to have more.
Cheers and hope for quick responses.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-09-10 13:57:35

You'll want to keep the option to group them into the same window to keep the FSX sound while using FSX Pilot.
To switch between the three windows, hit alt E, alt F for the sim and alt A for autopilot panel.
As for your free flight problem, the default plan comes loaded in the air. Fix that by creating a flight on the ground and make it the default flight.

HTH.

2018-09-10 14:36:49

Ahh thanks, that is very helpful. Ok so as a pro flight simmer, what plugins do you use to enhance your experience? Do you have a tutorial on your channel where you explain your setup?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-09-10 16:13:59

I would actually reccomend Lockheed prepar3d, because, number 1, you don't start in the air, 2, you don't lose sound when you leave the window, useful, so you can still hear ATC, but if you use Fs passengers, that will mute when you tab out, and the UI is a lot easier.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-09-10 16:25:56 (edited by Orin 2018-09-10 16:29:23)

Yes, I now use Prepar 3D for simming now.

As for FSPassengers, I bought the FSX version. is the P3D version of it easier/more accessible to use, or about the same?

As for a tutorial, I remember doing a tutorial on PF3 once, which also included my setup in conjunction with it. I may have to do another one, though Declan does a good job with his simming tutorials in general. He doesn't have a lot of the addons I have though.

2018-09-10 16:37:59

Its about the same. You have to use object nav to adjust the bars. I do wish it was a separate app like pilot so it might be a little easier to get going. By the way I can manage atc from the sim using accent key to open the menu and number row. I set my call sign to my birthday so I can be certain.

Power is not the responsibility of freedom, but it is actually the responsibility of being responsible, it's self, because someone who is irresponsible is enslaved by their own weaknesses.

2018-09-10 20:43:25

Hmm, if I were to get prp3d does it matter if I get the expensive licence or the academic licence? Sorry I forgot the names lol.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2018-09-13 20:10:37 (edited by DjkW25 2018-09-13 20:11:42)

You want the academic licence only.
I have tutorials on my channel as Orin said, they should get you started, i do not have MCE/PF3 but these are not required and, in my opinion, despite adding realism, they can cause a faf at times.

2018-09-15 11:33:38 (edited by Orin 2018-09-15 11:36:47)

FSX Pilot is just a very boring autopilot though. The reason why FSXP crashed during my videos on approach was simply because I was getting too quick instructions from approach. MCE and PF3 have to be in the sim window in order to execute commands. When I hit alt A to go to the autopilot panel to enter a heading PF3 gives me, I first have to let MCE acknowledge and then hope that the autopilot window won't immediately go out of focus if another instruction comes in.

They really aren't designed to run together. However, I don't get my waypoint information that I do with FSXP, and its less real as it gets without MCE and GSX for good measure.

Just wanted to say my stance on that. FSXP crashes due to MCE/PF3's insistance on needing the sim window in focus when doing their thing. Visimmer on Youtube seems to do a good job with it, so that's why I've tried to do it that way, especially on longer flights.

2018-09-15 18:34:54 (edited by DjkW25 2018-09-15 18:39:52)

that's the problem, it's just a bit hit and miss. If you tab out of the window and it works, great you have a fantastic flight with loads of emersion. You tab out of the window and fsx pilot crashes though, your flight could be ruined. That's why i say that, at times, it can be a faf. Our simulation experience relys on a group of addons working together seemlesly. The more addons you put in, the more chance there is of things going wrong. You have to work out a good balance of complexity and usability.
FSX pilot is a boring autopilot though, everything is just inputs and commands so it's not all that hands on. . FSX pilot is my first choice for flying because, simply, there's nothing else that can land. If MCE could land well, and better than fsx pilot, that would become my first choice. MCE adds more emersion at the moment with PF3 ETC, you just have to hope they work in conjunction together which doesn't happen all of the time. That's why I still  think there is room for one good addon that does the job properly for us instead of relying on this group of addons that, even then, still has it's off days.
Not sure what you mean about getting more waypoint info than you do with fsx pilot?

2018-09-28 20:57:33

I haven't had issues with FSX pilot it's self crashing, but I have noticed that on too many ocasions it crashes my aircraft when I attempt to make it auto land. What's the best method of auto landing? Also, I want to add sounds to FS passengers boarding sounds, but I want to know if it's going to play those new files or not before I add them. Another FS passengers question, how do you change your crew voice? I do it but then it just doesn't seem to save when I start the flight. When I attempt to do an acrobatic flight, the plane always crashes for some odd reason, even though it's not moving. I'm using prepar3d v3 if that matters. And, is it normal not to be able to OCR the prepar3d window when I have FSX pilot running? NVDA always says content isn't visible. I also have Regular Microsoft Flight sim, but I don't really play it anymore because every time I try I always end up in the air when I start, and I can't figure out how to make it so I start on the ground. I did notice that on Orin's channel, when he used to do flights in FSX I could actually hear the plane's wheels on the ground as it would taxi, I don't really get any of that in prepar3d. And my last few questions, is FSX pilot supposed to automatically stop your plane after it's done taxying to the runway you specify, because on my system it just seems to go on and on, and I have to  turn auto pilot off and back on before I take off because it doesn't ever show the take-off options. Finally, I want some mods for the game that give it more realistic sound, maybe passengers talking and stuff during the flight, other planes as they pass you, etc. And do any of you know how to find the specs of an aircraft so I can add it to FSX pilot?