2018-07-28 09:50:32

hi. I have just released life sim. the link is: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=807 … 6814396485

2018-07-28 09:51:39

if you want me to add something to the game, or remove something because its getting too close to a clone of stw, or have a bug report or feedback, please do that on this topic. i will check it almost every day possible

2018-07-28 22:41:03

Well ok, it sounds very good, but how people with only windows or other os, like me can play this game?
It sounds interesting, but I do not have money to buy a braille note.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-07-29 01:37:30

After a quick glance at this it seems interesting enough, however I can't seem to move properly, typing one or two doesn't seem to move me anywhere, or perhaps there's something I'm missing. I'll have to play with it more. However, I think it's rather misleading to call this a game for the BrailleNote, because it's not written specifically for it, though that may be slightly accurate, the one desktop interpreter I've tested this on, Frotz, does not seem to like the load function Bazic is using. However, the BrailleNote is using the JZip interpreter, which also runs on DOS I believe, so if you could find JZip and run it in DOSBox, in theory  you should be able to run this on a PC.

Oh no! Somebody released the h key! Everybody run and hide!

2018-07-29 04:17:13

yeah, jzip should work. frotz can't load jzip save files, that's the reason why you can't load it. Also the reason you can't move is because moving only works between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. lsim time, and you can check the time with the -1 commands. Also you will get notifications every few hours that reflect the time. Such as, the sun starts to set, or something like that, would mean it's about 5 pm. Oh, and if you're not in your house by 8pm, you'll lose the game.

2018-07-29 13:26:54

I've generated a plain text version of the readme which can be found here.

2018-07-29 17:44:06

I'd be glad to play this game, as I've always wanted to play a lifesin.. What would I need to play it in windows?

2018-07-29 23:06:20

ok guys, as said, this is not a game for windows. If you had the right tools you could play it on windows, but it's just not worth downloading it. I mean, if you have dosbox and jZip already, and you want to play it, then give it a try, but I so far have found no way of playing it on windows operating systems.

2018-07-30 00:21:09

I tried that and it seems it might not work after all. It goes completely blank when I load the SAV in the DOS version of JZip, and JAWS for DOS and ASAP both don't read any output at all. That's not to say that nothing is being printed, it might be, but JAWS and ASAP are both not reading it. So unless we can find something that can handle JZip SAVs, it seems like this game will only be available for the BrailleNote for the time being. rory, if I may ask, how exactly did you create the game? Was the Bazic code written on the BrailleNote in the Z5 executable then saved when it was complete?

2018-07-31 08:45:32

yeah i just coded it in the bazic shell, then made a shecial command that allowed me to save it while running so people wouldn't be able to get the source code

2018-07-31 12:00:42

OK, how do I run this? I don't think the BrailleNote can run raw SAV files, so...

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2018-07-31 15:30:10 (edited by Slender 2018-07-31 15:32:11)

Yes it can. Type "load" at the Bazic shell, and enter the file path at the resulting prompt, such as "\flash disk\projects\lsim.sav". Path must be typed exactly. Also, this isn't bound to any specific BrailleNote, as long as you have KeySoft 7.0 or above, you can play it, as the game interpreter was never updated since then.

2018-08-10 12:09:03

so I don't mean to be rude or anything, but if anyone has some feedback or suggestions for the game, please share it. also, it isn't for windows, so chances are that you can't play it on windows...

2018-08-11 02:08:35

guys? this topic just got pushed down to page 2 in a night. I mean, seriously. it got released 2 weeks ago, and all everyone's talking about is how they can run it on windows. and yes I have  had the same struggles as you guys, when I couldnt use windows or some other operating system I wanted to play the game. but when your making aa game and all people talk about is how they cant play it on windows you kind of get a bit put down, because you wanted feedback and suggestions. and seriously, I have told you guys that it isn't on windows and it won't be for windows, so saying it once is a suggestion, more than twice is just nagging. so if you have any feedback and suggestions, like, what I should add to the game, please share it here.

2018-08-12 01:29:03

oh scew this, no one's playing it. if I don't get anything in the next two weeks, game is going. because I can't be bothered making a game if no one is going to play it.

2018-08-12 13:17:52

Finally decided to really give this a try. My thoughts.
The days seem too short. I've tried several times to just buy food and get back to the house but have always ended up homeless before I could get there, possibly because I get stuck on square 5 when going back. Maybe the time that each turn takes should be shortened, perhaps every turn counts as 30 minutes or so, it seems like it counts as an hour now.
The text of the game should really be varied up a lot more. The current descriptions are fixed and I think it would be nice if text was randomized, even if it's something like "a fight breaks out a few feet away" every now and then.
The game should probably not count invalid input against the game time, and should probably display something like "invalid input entered" or similar.
Every time I've died and tried to type "1" to replay, the game has always exited.

2018-08-12 15:04:04

@15, the reason you don't get the kind of fead back you expected to get, is because most of us around here use windows computers, mac os and maby linax, and not all of us has the braille notes.
i am not trying to be rude, but yes. maby if you could get some one to help you to port this game to windows. it sounds cool.

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2018-08-13 09:09:28

I'm working on learning bgt so I can do this. as I mentioned in the dc topic, I would learn bgt if someone could give me a little boost, for example, how I can navigate around the damned help files...

2018-08-13 09:10:42

and @16, I should be able to do something, and yes, I could make something like a random thing that could say things like, a car goes past, a dog barks, just to make it a little more realistic. I do agree myself I find doing work and shopping very rushed. hmm, thanks for the feedback.

2018-08-13 15:27:44

if you find it hard to understand bgt, i can recomend mason's open source projects. they can help you quite a lot with bgt.
if you don't know where to find them, go to masonasons.me and take a look there

best regards

2018-08-13 15:29:16

oh, and sorry for double posting, but if you find it hard to navigate the bgt help files, it is not that bad, you just have to expand and collaps some sections.

best regards

2018-10-13 11:21:23

greetings to all! working on a windows version of life sim, which is coming soon. It won't be quite as advanced as the braillenote version but I now know enough bgt to put together something. thanks, and enjoy! be patient, and good things will come!

2018-10-13 11:22:48

one more thing... sorry for double-posting, there won't be any more braillenote lifesim updates to give me time to work on my other two projects, those being undead strike and life sim (windows)